Can we merge the Civ III map rules we created with PTW map rules?

blacksheep

Chieftain
In other words how do I include the new PTW rules with my old Civ III map rules without having to open up a PTW map and retype all my rules from old Civ III maps???

you can import rules. choose file, import, check only rules (those you want), then select the gfile they come from. should work!

Actually I should have put it this way. How do I add the new PTW Civs and their units to my old rules? Do I have to go in and type them all in or is there an easier way? I tried importing my old rules into PTW but it just deletes the new civs and there units. And my old Civ III files will not let me import the new PTW files.

ah, you cannot! You must add your old rules to the new ones, since new stuff won't run in PTW:

So open the PTW editor (in the PTW folder), then add the old rules (and maps if you want) as new, PTW scenarios!

as for units and 'created' civs: you will have to see if they are supported by PTW, so you will have to copy the files into the Art folder, too.

Just install them as you did in Civ3, but into the PTW/Art folder, not the Civ3 one ;)

good luck! better ask in the Creation and custom forum - they ought to know better how to do it.

oh, btw: what 'rules'? changed HP and stuff?

Top Bottom