Kruelgor's Huge Earth

Not sure how you made this mod. But in the World Builder when you place a strategic resource you can set how many it gives. By default a newly placed strategic resource is set to one, and you then have to set it to whatever you think is balanced. On normal vanilla maps I think it's between 2 and 6.

Resources affected by this would be: Uranium, Aluminium, Oil, Coal, Iron and Horses

It's already very limiting that the game only lets you built 1 unit that requires one of these for every one you have access to, but with each resource on the map only giving a single Iron, or Coal or whatever it's even worse and really slows down the military side and makes wars kinda dull :)

It's easy to overlook. I've made a few maps myself and often forget to change the values.

Okay, I see what you're talking about now. So you're saying that 1 is not normal? Okay, let me look into this and if true I'll create a version 3 with increased output. Thanks for the feedback.

Hmmm. Your map seems different than mine. I wonder if it uploaded properly. Here's a list of all the luxury resources which create happiness:

Cotton
Dyes
Furs
Gems
Gold
Incense
Ivory
Marble
Pearls
Silk
Silver
Spices
Sugar
Whales
Wine

You will see luxury goods scattered all over the place in these screenshots from the world builder.
Spoiler :

Yup, that looks like my map too. I'm talking about City States having luxury goods, not regular Civs. It's nice to friend up to the City States so they provide you with resources. Also, Maritime (the best one) States provide food, and most of these are military. If the City States have nothing to offer, why keep them around?

Yup, that looks like my map too. I'm talking about City States having luxury goods, not regular Civs. It's nice to friend up to the City States so they provide you with resources. Also, Maritime (the best one) States provide food, and most of these are military. If the City States have nothing to offer, why keep them around?

Yeah, I get your drift. I'll touch up on that too for version 3.

Okay, I'm looking at a random default map to see what the normal single player gives for resources. Only the strategic resources have an increased number, so you're definitely right there, I need to increase the output on my map. On this default map I'm looking at right now, all of them have at least 2, some 4, and very few 6. Most of them are 2 and 4.

Thanks for pointing this problem out.

Fixing now :)

Version 3 coming within 30 minutes.

Yeah, I get your drift. I'll touch up on that too for version 3.

Couple things to check out. Siam starts pretty weak. The special ability has to do with influence on City States, but not many around. Also, they start with a worker but can't cut down jungle until they research. Maybe sub the worker for something else? Is Beijing on the coast? I thought they were inland on a river. Any chance of Japan growing just a bit to allow for Osaka or Tokyo on the same landmass?

Thanks again for listening!:goodjob:

Oops, maybe not. We have City States East and South on islands...

Couple things to check out. Siam starts pretty weak. The special ability has to do with influence on City States, but not many around. Also, they start with a worker but can't cut down jungle until they research. Maybe sub the worker for something else? Is Beijing on the coast? I thought they were inland on a river. Any chance of Japan growing just a bit to allow for Osaka or Tokyo on the same landmass?

Thanks again for listening!:goodjob:

Oops, maybe not. We have City States East and South on islands...

I'll expand Japan a tiny bit, but it wont be by much.

Bejing is close enough to the coast in real to where I'll leave it on the coast here.

Siam has Philippines and Indonesia as city state neighbors. I'll add Taiwan for the fun of it. I don't want to squeeze in too many city states or there wont be much room for expansion.

Since Siam does indeed start off weak isolated in a dense jungle, I will give them a settler and a warrior and no worker. They'll have their capital city too, of course.

I'll expand Japan a tiny bit, but it wont be by much.

Bejing is close enough to the coast in real to where I'll leave it on the coast here.

Siam has Philippines and Indonesia as city state neighbors. I'll add Taiwan for the fun of it. I don't want to squeeze in too many city states or there wont be much room for expansion.

Since Siam does indeed start off weak isolated in a dense jungle, I will give them a settler and a warrior and no worker. They'll have their capital city too, of course.

Sounds good. I know I'm jumping around, but.... should the Aztecs start with a Jaguar instead of a regular Warrior? They start with no Settler or Worker, as does Washington (2 Warriors). Was this intended because of all the Barbs? A lot of Barbs.... it's all I can do to fend them off. I like this because it's challenging, but maybe more help from indians on the plains of US, or something. Alaska City State with oil? Cherokee/Soiux Indian on the plains? Should Washington DC be a square or 2 higher? Close to Florida. There are tons of Whales here in Seattle/Vancouver.

Sounds good. I know I'm jumping around, but.... should the Aztecs start with a Jaguar instead of a regular Warrior? They start with no Settler or Worker, as does Washington (2 Warriors). Was this intended because of all the Barbs? A lot of Barbs.... it's all I can do to fend them off. I like this because it's challenging, but maybe more help from indians on the plains of US, or something. Alaska City State with oil? Cherokee/Soiux Indian on the plains? Should Washington DC be a square or 2 higher? Close to Florida. There are tons of Whales here in Seattle/Vancouver.

You're helping out good. I appreciate it.

There's a lot of barbarians on the north american continent, so therefore America and even Aztecs start with two warriors (I'll give Aztecs the Jaguar in version 3). No civilization starts with a settler (just Siam in version 3). The other reason I'm not giving workers to America or Aztecs is because they have a vast territory open to them for settlment rich with resources so they shouldn't get off to such a quick start.

I'll stick a whale up there near seattle :)

I'm not creating city states, only minor nations, so no Alaska here.

The "barbarians" in North America are representing the Native Americans, therefore I'm not creating a city state for them, I could create Navajo but they would get tore to pieces by the hostile barbarians. The mass swarm of barbarians in North America was intentional to slow down the progress and settlement of America mainly because of all the open space that will be availble to them once they clear it out.

Washington DC is where it should be. Look at its location compared to great lakes. Any higher and it would be far too north.

You're helping out good. I appreciate it.

There's a lot of barbarians on the north american continent, so therefore America and even Aztecs start with two warriors (I'll give Aztecs the Jaguar in version 3). No civilization starts with a settler (just Siam in version 3). The other reason I'm not giving workers to America or Aztecs is because they have a vast territory open to them for settlment rich with resources so they shouldn't get off to such a quick start.

I'll stick a whale up there near seattle :)

I'm not creating city states, only minor nations, so no Alaska here.

The "barbarians" in North America are representing the Native Americans, therefore I'm not creating a city state for them, I could create Navajo but they would get tore to pieces by the hostile barbarians. The mass swarm of barbarians in North America was intentional to slow down the progress and settlement of America mainly because of all the open space that will be availble to them once they clear it out.

Washington DC is where it should be. Look at its location compared to great lakes. Any higher and it would be far too north.

Okay, cool. Siam sounds like he will fair better in version 3. I know Arabia isn't that great in real life (as far as resources go). You gave them a Worker, but there is nothing for the Worker to do. A camel explorer instead? I love City States/Nations obviously. Could South America use more? Chile, Equador, Rio...?

Okay, cool. Siam sounds like he will fair better in version 3. I know Arabia isn't that great in real life (as far as resources go). You gave them a Worker, but there is nothing for the Worker to do. A camel explorer instead? I love City States/Nations obviously. Could South America use more? Chile, Equador, Rio...?

That Arabian worker is a bit critical to make farms in those few plains. If Arabia can manage to make it to the modern era that abundance of oil will really help it out. A light house will be good too for it, harvest all that fish in the nearby sea. Just got to play a different strategy with them.

I have city state Brazil in South America. The rest I'll leave open for new settlements. The whole western world has intentionally been left as a big space for new settlements, especially for the European nations as they have very little room.

For simplicity sake, here are what all strategic sources will output:

Uranium: 4
Coal: 5
Iron: 4
Aluminium: 5
Horses: 3

I understand simplicity. In vanilla some horses give more than others. Maybe if there is only one horse in a gazillion miles, the pony should be worth more? Just a thought. Actually, now that I think about it, I've never had a problem with ponies.

I understand simplicity. In vanilla some horses give more than others. Maybe if there is only one horse in a gazillion miles, the pony should be worth more? Just a thought. Actually, now that I think about it, I've never had a problem with ponies.

Here is the defalut in vanilla:

Uranium: 4
Coal: Some 3 and some 7
Iron: Some 2 and some 6
Oil: 4
Aluminum: some 3 and some 8
Horses: some 2 and some 4

I'm simply going right in the middle as an average.

Version 3 update is now uploaded.
-----------------------------------------------------

- Enlarged Japan
- Changed Aztec warrior into Jaguar. Gave Aztecs two Jaguars. Previously had just one warrior.
- Fixed strategic resources by increasing output from 1 to higher numbers.
- Added luxury resources to all city states, making them more worthy.
- Removed Siamese worker and replaced him with a settler.
- Created Taiwan as a city state.

Version 3 update is now uploaded.
-----------------------------------------------------

- Enlarged Japan
- Changed Aztec warrior into Jaguar. Gave Aztecs two Jaguars. Previously had just one warrior.
- Fixed strategic resources by increasing output from 1 to higher numbers.
- Added luxury resources to all city states, making them more worthy.
- Removed Siamese worker and replaced him with a setter.
- Created Taiwan as a city state.

Sweet, I'm on it!:eek:

I must be doing something wrong trying to download and install this scenario. I go to Brose Mods, Online, find the scenario, download it, but nothing appears under "installed" to check to enable the Mod. What dumb mistake am I making here?

Well, after download you need to have it installed as well (there´s an Install button, although you might need to switch between screens to actually locate it). Then ofcourse, you need to Activate the scenario. ;)

Top Bottom