Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Someone mentioned Haiti, so I found this dude.

Is it him?

He is pretty much the raddest leader possibly for a Haiti

Something like, whenever he declares war on someone, all of that person's workers captured from elsewhere either give unhappiness or turn into rebel units

or maybe workers that you indeed capture from someone else can instead become population

Haiti is a little bit of an odd choice since for Loverture I'd think more of revolution than of spooooky religion, but then I remember oh yeah, voodoo stuff

So yeah this'll inevitably be a very weird civ since it'd be evoking two entirely different playstyles.

Indeed! As we're one week away from release, I can now say what it is... Haiti with L'overtoure as its leader! Before I go in detail though, the halloween reference is very subtle (more so than most of you guys expected). Voodoo is the link, and one of the events will be featuring Zombification :p (don't worry, without crossing the line into fantasy)

Congratulations to arrghmatey32 who got it first (and then to Hoop_Thrower and COF)

Haiti Civilization
Leader: Toussaint L’Ouverture

UA: Mother of Revolutions:
Foreign Occupied and Puppeted Cities that follow your religion earn a turn of Resistance and grant +2 Faith and Culture on the capital. Earn a free Social Policy if you’re the first to start any Social Policy tree or Ideology. (only once per turn, so they can't be chained)

UU: Mawon:(Maroon in Kreyól) Replacement for Musketman. When next to an enemy occupied city it earns a combat bonus. After defeating an enemy unit, the enemy has a chance of joining your side.

UU: Houngan: Replacement for Missionary. It does not suffer from attrition, and allows adjacent units to heal faster. May be expended on plantations to earn an amount of Culture

So in fact, the focus IS revolutionary more than just religious (I did say one of the focuses is religious,but not all of it). Something to take into account is that Voodoo played an important part of the Haitian revolution, so that's why Houngans and religion are being represented. Ingame it'll probably be rather hard to make use of all attributes, however if you manage to do so well it can be hugely rewarding against big conquerors.

UU: Houngan: Replacement for Missionary. It does not suffer from attrition, and allows adjacent units to heal faster. May be expended on plantations to earn an amount of Culture

This is nice when you play as him, but having him as a neighbor will be a nightmare if he spams missionaries as much as Haile.

I must say that Haiti is designed to be a tough oponent (when played as an oponent of course), specially if you're going Warmonger. However, they don't get economical/production/food bonuses, so they can also be very weak if the circumstances for them aren't too good. Plus, you can always use Inquisitors if you know Haiti is around.

Although some of it might be regarded as OP, the main bonuses require a lot of micro-managing (none of it can be done easily on early game) so I'll likely leave it as it is.

Looks wonderful, especially the leaderscene. I'm looking forward to this unique civ.

Haiti looks like it could snowball into a massive opponent if left unchecked. Looking forward to trying it.

So you could go up to an enemy puppeted city, convert them to your religion (I'm assuming the preference will be vodon) and reap the benefits?

Yeah, the "missionary replacement" and "religious focus" hints kinda threw me off a little, since the first thing that comes to mind when you hear of the gosh darn Black Napoleon is badass asskicking revolutions and not religion. But Haiti does have voodoo, so there is that too. :p

Hmn that's odd... There wasn't that issue... Maybe the patch affected it somehow?

Anyway, Haiti is on coding phase... I will also soon start the icons and stuff :D

More city list things since Bolivia went well!

Argentina:

Spoiler :

Buenos Aires
Córdoba
Mendoza
Tucumán
La Plata
Rosario
Salta
Santa Fe (dunno if you want to keep the 'de la Vera Cruz' in there)
San Juan
Resistencia
Mar del Plata
Bahia Blanca
Santiago del Estero
Jujuy
Posadas
Paraná
Corrientes
Neuquén
Formosa
Catamarca
San Luis
La Rioja
Rio Cuarto
San Rafael
Concordia
Santa Rosa
Rio Gallegos
Ushuaia
Viedma
Rawson

Chile

Spoiler :

Santiago
Valparaíso
Concepción
Valdivia
La Serena
Castro
Antofagasta
Temuco
Rancagua
Talca
Arica
Chillán
Iquique
Puerto Montt
Copiapó
Osorno
Punta Arenas
Calama
Los Ángeles
Curicó
San Antonio
Ovalle
Linares
Quillota
Los Andes
San Felipe
San Fernando
Coyhaique
Angol
Constitución

Gran Colombia

Spoiler :

Bogotá
Caracas
Quito
Panama City
Maracaibo
Medellín
Guayaquil
Valencia
Cali
Barquisimeto
Barranquilla
Cuenca
Cartagena
Cúcuta
Barcelona
Santo Domingo
David
Bucaramanga
Maturín
Ibagué
Ciudad Bolívar
Pereira
Machala
Barinas
Santa Marta
Montería
Villavicencio
Manta
Manizales
Colón

(definitely more heavily weighted towards Colombia and Venezuela, but Panama's pretty much got the capital at a million and the next largest at like 80,000, and Ecuador's in a similar boat)

Paraguay and Peru forthcoming

Half of Paraguay's is made of suburbs of Asuncion :p

I definitely try to ensure that each thing is a distinct locality and not just a subset of a greater metropole. ...of course, that is going to be tricky with Paraguay since most of the population lives in the capital so.

...also that statement implies that you constructed them, which may well explain the misspellings :crazyeye:

...Did you do the Iceland one too? Because I'm having inexorable trouble finding where any of these places are, and I suspect it's precisely because all the Icelandic lettering is replaced.

Or because silly people don't check to make sure they can find all these places on a map. ^.^

Top Bottom