The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

Fantastic!

You can make new civilizations in 2 days?!?!? :dubious:
Spoiler :
Yeah, I can guess its been a WIP for a while now. Still, that was such a short time since you made the announcement...

You can make new civilizations in 2 days?!?!? :dubious:
Spoiler :
Yeah, I can guess its been a WIP for a while now. Still, that was such a short time since you made the announcement...

Yeah it's been a WIP for weeks (and on the drawing board for months, haha). The XML however I can do very quickly. I usually get the writing up of it and testing done within a day. Would be a different story if I was using Lua though.

I'm going to announce my next civ early this time:

Leader: Bayanchur Khan
UA: Empire of the Nine Clans - No unhappiness from number of cities
UU: Altaic Rider - Replaces horseman. Slightly faster and receives a combat bonus in rough terrain. Has a greater line of sight.
UB: Grape Arbor - Replaces circus. Does not require horses and provides 1 wines.​

Any help with art (maps, leader screens, icons) would be much appreciated and full credit will be given.

EDIT: I've also done a small update on Siberia, fixing some spelling errors and rebalancing the Yaranga.

Love the colour.

Love the colour.

Thanks!

Here's a diagram of the civs I'm considering doing in the future. Anyone can take on any of these if they like.

Spoiler :

As a rule I'm mainly focusing on civs that nobody else has made yet/have stated their intention to make and giving them colour schemes which are unique as possible (we have many many red civs, haha).

As a rule I'm mainly focusing on civs that nobody else has made yet/have stated their intention to make and giving them colour schemes which are unique as possible (we have many many red civs, haha).

Wow; you certainly nailed that. I haven't heard of half of what you have on your list. I think your decision to stick to undone civs is commendable; I think it lends itself to the community more so than recycling old civs all the time (sans civs that aren't up-to-date, of course). And as an avid EU fan I very much want to see Ryukyu.

Dang, that's a lot of new civs... and I thought I was insane for planning to do 16... :crazyeye:

BTW I like the idea of doing a spoiler for planned civs' colors... I might just have to do that myself ;).

EDIT: And sadly, after having looked at my own color-spoiler graph, there seems to be quite a bit of overlap between our planned civs. I swear - I didn't steal your ideas though. Trust me, they've been planned out for a looooonng time.

Dang, that's a lot of new civs... and I thought I was insane for planning to do 16... :crazyeye:

BTW I like the idea of doing a spoiler for planned civs' colors... I might just have to do that myself ;).

EDIT: And sadly, after having looked at my own color-spoiler graph, there seems to be quite a bit of overlap between our planned civs. I swear - I didn't steal your ideas though. Trust me, they've been planned out for a looooonng time.

What I've got here is more speculative than anything, haha. If you go ahead and make some of them yourself I'd be more than happy :D.

I'm certainly looking forward to the Toltecs and the Manchu! I'm surprised you didn't list a Nabataean civ though!

I'll see if I can make some icons - just give me a heads up on what you wanted.

I'm certainly looking forward to the Toltecs and the Manchu! I'm surprised you didn't list a Nabataean civ though!

I'll see if I can make some icons - just give me a heads up on what you wanted.

Some icons for the Uyghurs perhaps? I've got images for the leader so I'll do those but I'd love to see what you can do for the Altaic rider and the Grape Arbor. The work you did for my Latvian civ was fantastic.

Hmm, I might add Nabataea to the list.

Here we go mate :)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Spoiler :

Seems like somebody spent to much time in design phase. :)
I may help you in LUA if needed.

Seems like somebody spent to much time in design phase. :)
I may help you in LUA if needed.

I like to dream, haha. Will let you know if I need any Lua :).

With special thanks to TPangolin I've got most of the art for the Uyghurs ready now. Just need to do a map and DOM screen and the xml should follow quickly after that. I'm hoping to have them done before Xmas (as I'm getting a new computer then).

Keep up the great work, Hiram! I'm glad you're planning on tackling some cultures that aren't usually on people's wish lists. I'm particularly looking forward to the Ainu, the Chachapoya, and the Dene. Any chance I could persuade you to include Elsa Laula Renberg of Sápmi or Íñigo Arista of Euskal Herria? Also, you have a quite a few western Native American groups on your list, but only one in the east. Is there a reason for that? How about Cockacoeske of the Tsenacommacah?

I do have on bit of criticism though. While I'm glad you made an Australian Aboriginal Civilization, I am disappointed to see it as a generic blob Civ. If you ever feel like revisiting that one, it would be nice to have it broken up into separate cultures. I've had the Yolngu, Noongar, and Kulin on my wishlist for a while.

Hmm, I might add Nabataea to the list.

Aww, I wanted to do Nabataea :(

You might get it done sooner though...
Also, I'm going to take a crack at a Latvia map soon, if you'd like to wait a bit

Aww, I wanted to do Nabataea :(

You might get it done sooner though...
Also, I'm going to take a crack at a Latvia map soon, if you'd like to wait a bit

After the Uyghurs are done I'm probably going to take a bit of a break until the new year, so you might have some time to get them done before me, haha.

If you could make a nicer Latvia map that would be brilliant!

Uyghur Khaganate V1 (alpha) has been released. Big thanks to TPangolin for his help with the icons and leader graphics. I wouldn't have had it ready so soon without him!

This will be my last release until the new year, however I will make announcements about my next planned civs soonish.

Update: Released a minor hotfix for the Uyghur fixing a text error. I've been testing the mod and it's pretty solid. Great for a sprawling empire play style.

Lithuanian "empire" sounds kinda strange :D But anyway great job :) I wish creators of civilization would realease Lithuania.

Top Bottom