Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Really chuffed with all these reviews! I also promoted the mod on /r/Australia - so that could have done something too.

I can't get this mod to work. No matter how many times I try to work with it it doesn't show up in my mods list.

Only issue I can find is that I notice that in the mods folder that this mod is a .civ5mod file rather than a folder containing all the mod files like my other mods.

Should this mod be placed in it's own subfolder in the mods directory?

This would definitely work.

Many Haciendas, most of the prosperous ones in fact, were managed by the Church, I suppose it's a reference to that.

The hacienda seems too good. Why give it faith?
Really liking it though!

Well, haciendas actually generate a random yield aside from the culture and gold... The random yield varies from production, faith or food. I think we may have to reduce the culture or remove the gold though.. It's a wee bit strong now that I tested it :D

Oh ok. Haha, the way I was reading it, it was really really strong.
But I am asking why for historical reasons. What do haciendas have to do with faith?

Edit: Never mind, I did some research. And looked at the post above. :D thanks

Well, haciendas actually generate a random yield aside from the culture and gold... The random yield varies from production, faith or food. I think we may have to reduce the culture or remove the gold though.. It's a wee bit strong now that I tested it :D

If Mexico is supposed to be a cultural civ, I wouldnt nerf the culture, but If you take out the gold its still a pretty good UI, :c5culture: + random :c5production: :c5faith: :c5food: should keep your empire growing.

After all Mexico's UA already lets you generate GA and experience for units without having to spend 1 gold on maintenence.

Enabling Australia crashes adopting eras :(.

Upon entering new eras? That's really odd. I'll have to try this out.

Something I'd been wondering: Is it better to have the Canadian unit be a Voyageur or a Coureur des bois? Because due to the ability of "finding" pelts it feels like them being Coureurs des bois is more fitting than Voyageurs, though there's also the matter that Voyageur is much more easier to pronounce and remember, which may be why you may have chosen to use it. :p

Thanks JFD! Regarding the Coureur des bois though, the Voyageur unit is basically halfway in between a Voyageur and a Coureur des bois (trade by the government as opposed to entrepreneurs). Fun fact, the icon is from a Coureur des bois drawing.

Sorry to say it, but putting the mod file into it's own subfolder didn't work. Any idea what to do next? Does it have to be a specific folder/directory?

Are you sure it's in the right directory? Ensure it's in

Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

Here's what it looks like for me:

Spoiler :

Sorry to say it, but putting the mod file into it's own subfolder didn't work. Any idea what to do next? Does it have to be a specific folder/directory?

Unpack it manually with 7zip and it will work. Had to do it the same, because the game didn't extract it automatically for me, for unknown reasons. It happened after updating the mod, the initial release was ok.

Unpack it manually with 7zip and it will work. Had to do it the same, because the game didn't extract it automatically for me, for unknown reasons. It happened after updating the mod, the initial release was ok.

Ahh! That would be the problem. All I have is a single file. Didn't realease it needed to be unpacked.

You shouldn't have to unpack it. The game engine handles it fine.
Maybe what you are seeing is the the Mod selection panel without it and assuming it isn't there. Try hitting the options button at the top right to give the engine something to do and then back out and see if it is now unpacking it.

Also, and this is a very small chance, I have seen somewhere a posting about a mis-packed file from an incorrect 7Zip routine, either in creation or expansion. That may be the thing. Though I highly doubt it.

Upon entering new eras? That's really odd. I'll have to try this out.

Yeah. Unfortunately, after all current era techs are invented and the civ is ready to advance to another era - nothing happens and the flask symbol (tech reminder) still appears, even after choosing sth from the tech tree.

You shouldn't have to unpack it. The game engine handles it fine.

Unfortunately not always though! I've been subscribed to a bunch of mods for a while, and I can see them still sitting there in the civ5mod format (such as East Asia 1200) and I just can't be bothered to unpack them.

It's odd.

Yeah. Unfortunately, after all current era techs are invented and the civ is ready to advance to another era - nothing happens and the flask symbol (tech reminder) still appears, even after choosing sth from the tech tree.

Are you using the most updated version? and what other mods are you using? That's super interesting and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.

There is a visual bug when it comes to production starting in a puppet city though - but that is normal and pretty harmless.

I think I'm using most accurate version (not the alpha one released ages ago).
Ad the mods: no mods I use change/modify the eras except for HiTM 2 (History in the Making) mod and (perhaps) CSD (City-State Diplomacy Mod).

Try using the mod without either one to see what breaks it.

Also - 5,086 Unique Visitors and 1,542 Subs and it's the 4th most popular! This is very exciting for a first release.

Top Bottom