Han's Historic Civilizations

HanNorwood

.exe
I've just seen a face!

-All leaders have custom music
-YnAEMP (True Start) Compatibility: Kanem, Akkadia, Chimor
-At some point, Unit Ethnicity (maybe) and Decisions Support will be in place.

Akkadia.

Kanem
Spoiler :
Adds the kingdom of Kanem to the game. Kanem was a civilization that existed in modern day Chad from around 700 A.D. to 1376.

Steam Workshop Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286609099
Manual Download: http://home.pcisys.net/~sean/civ5/Kanem%20Empire%20(v%204).civ5mod
Screenshots:http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/Tristan_Skogen/library/Civ Screenshots/Kanem?sort=3&page=1
Credits: Regalman, for the map.

Chimor
Spoiler :
Adds the Kingdom of Chimor to the game. Chimor was the last great South American power to survive Inca conquest.

Steam Workshop Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301572661&searchtext=Chimor
Manual Download:http://home.pcisys.net/~sean/civ5/Chimor Civilization (v 1).civ5mod
Screenshots:Not up yet.

The current team:
Anyone who would be willing to make a map, please volunteer. I can't make any good maps on my own, and help would be appreciated.
Leaderscreens would also be nice.

I wholeheartedly approve of this!

Big surprise there, considering your name, old spot. =]

Back on topic: I like the look of this Civ, with the boost to Military buildings really helping out with a Religion-heavy game. This + Holy Warriors looks like a really useful combo. However, the UB needs work. It's exactly the same as Ethiopia's Stele but worse. Here's a slightly different version:-

UB: Cast Statuary (replaces Monument)
+2 :c5culture: Culture. +1 :c5faith: Faith from Gold, Silver, Copper, Iron, and Aluminium. (BNW) +2 :tourism: Tourism after Metallurgy is discovered.

Now, the reason for this change is that, well, the Akkadians were incredibly adept metalworkers. The Bassetki Statue was cast via the lost wax technique; there are reports of a king having his statue cast in lead; it all adds up. Thus, the bonuses from metal. It was only figured out just how sophisticated their techniques were after we made use of them, hence the Brave New World-specific Tourism bonus.

Hopefully that's of use. =]

Somebody posted on the comments on Steam suggesting something else, which I just implemented. Unfortunately, the new building weakens the faith game. It is the Bassekti, only giving 5 exp to land units rather than faith.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sorry for the double post.

This thread has changed from "Akkadia Civilization" to "Han's Civilizations!" along with this change, I am announcing the next three civs in my line up: The ancient Peruvian Kingdom of Chimor, which was the last empire to stand against Inca conquest, , and Kanem, a African Kingdom that occupied most of what is now Chad.

Right now Chimor is designed as an Economic Powerhouse, and Kanem is going to be religion-mongers.

Yeah, Hiram just released one. I only discovered it after I designed and began mine. I'm gonna go ahead and make mine though, because mine is very different than his.

Lady Duckington, you are my hero!

Because Kanem is close to release, I am posting what it looks like.

Kanem
Dunama Dubbalemi
Green-Brown
((()))
UU:Kanem Cavalry: Replaces knights. Has greater combat strength. Gives :c5faith: 2 Faith when garrisoned in city.
UB:Magumi Building: Replaces the Castle. Gives 1 :c5culture: Culture, 1 :c5faith: faith and increases the chance of catching enemy spies by 10%. However, costs :c5gold: Gold maintenance, unlike a normal castle.
UA: Destroyer of the Mune: Receive a Inquisitor every era, starting in the Classical. Receive a Free Great Prophet upon discovering Theology. Begin the game with a Shrine in the capital.

Also, I still don't know how to change the title of the thread. PLZ HELP!

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action!

Kanem has been uploaded to the Steam Workshop!
Chimor is the next in line, and the Ajuran Sultanate afterwords. The third in line is going to be secret up until it's release.

So... Does that mean ingame it's a Kanem Kanem Cavalry?

Yep. It'll get a tad confusing.
Also, I lied. No more Mutapa.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'll be posting some soon.

Sorry for the double post.

Screenshots can be found by opening the spoilers and clicking the link to Photobucket.

Looks like the URL doesn't work for Kanem's screenshots.

But as for the Akkadians, there's an easier and cleaner way to get the UA than uniques for each one. Set up a dummy building in the capital only, which then changes the yields of the buildings - see my Topkapi Palace wonder for an example. That way you'll get the yield change to the original building instead of having a separate building just for the Akkadians

The link for Kanem screenshots is incorrect I believe.

Yeah, it is. I can't fix it yet, though, because it won't let me log into my account on this computer and I'm about to drive to Oregon.

Top Bottom