Starcraft and Warcraft MOD sign up.

I think Stim-pack should be a promote, aviable though some tech.

I think we should make it from the start of a civilizations eara to the end. Like if we take the orcs, then they start with nomadic techs and shamanism(Before WC) then at next age they get their warlock magics(WC 1), then next age they can get a few deathknights (WC 2) and at last they get back to their old shamanistic ways (Wc3/WoW). Hope you can catch it.

Magma said:
I think Stim-pack should be a promote, aviable though some tech.

I think we should make it from the start of a civilizations eara to the end. Like if we take the orcs, then they start with nomadic techs and shamanism(Before WC) then at next age they get their warlock magics(WC 1), then next age they can get a few deathknights (WC 2) and at last they get back to their old shamanistic ways (Wc3/WoW). Hope you can catch it.

That sounds right! Wow you know soo much warcraft history, I think you can do the tech tree and we can get the civilpedia entries from Wikipedia.com for WarCraft and Starcraft Mod

just a question this seems to be very WOW based does that mean that you postion the orcs as evil?in wacraft 3+tft most orcs have learnt to get along with the humans..........................

Wei-Yan said:
just a question this seems to be very WOW based does that mean that you postion the orcs as evil?in wacraft 3+tft most orcs have learnt to get along with the humans..........................

Wei-Yan, I think we will set the Mod on a neutral approach and not have one side "Evil" and the other "Holy" but have a linear view that there is no good or bad and we will just provide history, Magma could explain it better!:lol:

Killamike
No the link got broken right after I posted that. Appariently the server went down.

Wei-Yan
No the orcs are not evil, I have never stated that and never would. It is all a point of weiv, the BL thinks the creation failed and therefor want to end it, therefor the most see the Bl as evil itself.

What i wanted for the orcs is that we picture their history, something like this:

1. age: Nomadic shamanistic people. Here they can build a weak form of a shaman and weak form of theire nowdays warrior. Can build Ner'zul in this age, he is a hero and has a limit of one, ends in 3rd age.
2 .age: Rampaging bloodlusting army with warlocks. They have a powerfull form of warlocks and a powerfull army, would have high maintence cost. Can build 4 Blademasters. Can build Gul'dan and Warchefi Blackhand, these are heroes and there can only be one of them. Warcheif Blackhand ends in age 3 and Gul'dan in age 4.
3. age: Orgrim Doomhammer kills the Warlocks and brings the 2nd age to an end. Gul'dan raises the renemants of the dead warlocks to aid the Horde as Deathknights. Deathknight would have a limit of 4. They can't build warlocks anymore. Same warriors as age 2. Can build 4 Blademasters. Can build Orgrim Doomhammer as hero ends in age 4.
4. age: Thrall frees the Orcs and makes them shamanistic once again. Cannot build Deathknights anymore, nor can they build warlocks. Warriors get more powerfull, can now build Shamans and far seers, at a limit of 4. Can build 4 Blademasters. Can build Thrall as hero, does NOT end.
5. age: The new Horde is formed, it is free and independant. Can build Warlocks once more, and the same as listed above.

Magma said:
Killamike
No the link got broken right after I posted that. Appariently the server went down.

Wei-Yan
No the orcs are not evil, I have never stated that and never would. It is all a point of weiv, the BL thinks the creation failed and therefor want to end it, therefor the most see the Bl as evil itself.

What i wanted for the orcs is that we picture their history, something like this:

1. age: Nomadic shamanistic people. Here they can build a weak form of a shaman and weak form of theire nowdays warrior. Can build Ner'zul in this age, he is a hero and has a limit of one, ends in 3rd age.
2 .age: Rampaging bloodlusting army with warlocks. They have a powerfull form of warlocks and a powerfull army, would have high maintence cost. Can build 4 Blademasters. Can build Gul'dan and Warchefi Blackhand, these are heroes and there can only be one of them. Warcheif Blackhand ends in age 3 and Gul'dan in age 4.
3. age: Orgrim Doomhammer kills the Warlocks and brings the 2nd age to an end. Gul'dan raises the renemants of the dead warlocks to aid the Horde as Deathknights. Deathknight would have a limit of 4. They can't build warlocks anymore. Same warriors as age 2. Can build 4 Blademasters. Can build Orgrim Doomhammer as hero ends in age 4.
4. age: Thrall frees the Orcs and makes them shamanistic once again. Cannot build Deathknights anymore, nor can they build warlocks. Warriors get more powerfull, can now build Shamans and far seers, at a limit of 4. Can build 4 Blademasters. Can build Thrall as hero, does NOT end.
5. age: The new Horde is formed, it is free and independant. Can build Warlocks once more, and the same as listed above.

Nice sounds perfect but what about the other races and will they have the same time periods?

Killamike718 said:
Nice sounds perfect but what about the other races and will they have the same time periods?
I guess all should have their own periodes and techtree, that would make the game both more interesting to play again and mayby more challenging. Also mayby we should divide the humans to some of their kingdoms, like Lorderean, Stormwind and Kul'tiras.

Ok I will try to give a reweiv(Hate that word!!!) of, what I had in mind for, the Orcish Civilization:

Orcs:

Leaders:

Name: Orgrim Doomhammer.
Traits: Expansive, Agresive.

Name: Thrall, son of Durutan.
Traits: Spiritual, Philosial

Name: Gul'dan, of the Shadow Concuil.
Traits: Organized, Aggresive.

Units
Name, S, M, Class.

1. Age of the clans.
Ner'zul, 8, 2, Hero, Immune to first strikes.
Orcish Nomad Settler, 0, 2, Settler, can found cities.
Orcish Nomas Peon, 0, 2, Worker, can improve tiles.
Orcish Nomad Axeman, 3, 1, Melee, + 50% versus Melee.
Orcish Nomad Spearman, 2, 1, Melee + 50% versus Ranged and Melee.
Orcish Nomad Archer, 3, 1, Ranged, (Same as norm archer).
Orcish Nomad Shaman, 5, 1, Magical.
Orcish Nomad Wolf Rider, 4, 2, Mounted, Immune to first strikes.

2. Age of the Horde
Warcheif Blackhand 9, 1, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, gives a 5% strength bonus to units in same tile, Limit of 1.
Grom Hellscream, 10, 2, Immune to First Strikes +50 versus Melee, Limit of 1.
Ner'zul, 12, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, Limit of 1.
Gul'dan, 12, 1, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, Limit of 1.
Fel Orc Settler, 0, 2, Settler, can found cities.
Fel Orc Peon, 0, 2, Worker, can improve tiles.
Fel Orc Blademaster, 10, 2, Melee, +50% versus Melee, Limit of 4.
Fel Orc Axeman, 5, 1, Melee, +50% versus melee.
Fel Orc Spearman, 4, 1, Melee, + 50% versus Ranged and Melee.
Fel Orc Archer, 5, 1, Ranged, (Same as Crossbowman).
Fel Orc Wolf Rider, 6, 2, Mounted, Immune to First Strikes.
Fel Orc Warlock, 8, 1, Magical.
Fel Orc Catapult, 6, 1, Siege, (Same of norm catapult)
Fel Orc Transport, 1, 2, Naval, 2 cargo space.
Fel Orc Battleship, 4, 2, Naval.

3. Fall of the Horde.
Warcheif Orgrim Doomhammer 10, 1, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, gives a 10% strength bonus to units in same tile, Limit of 1.
Fel Orc Settler, 0, 2, Settler, can found cities.
Fel Orc Peon, 0, 2, Worker, can improve tiles.
Deathknight, 10, 2, Mounted, Enemie suffers a 10% strength penality because of fear.

4. Rise of the new Horde.
Thrall, 14, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, ignores defence buildings such as walls, (Earthquake), Limit of 1.
Grom Hellscream, 14, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes +50 versus Melee, Limit of 1.
Orcish Settler, 0, 2, Settler, can found cities.
Orcish Peon, 0, 2, Worker, can improve tiles.
Orcish Blademaster, 12, 2, Melee, +50% versus Melee, Limit of 4.
Orcish Far Seer, 10, 2, Magician, ignores defence buildings such as walls, (Earthquake), Limit of 4.
Orcish Axeman, 7, 1, Melee, +50% versus melee.
Orcish Spearman, 6, 1, Melee, + 50% versus Ranged and Melee.
Orcish Archer, 7, 1, Ranged, (Same as Crossbowman).
Orcish Wolf Rider, 8, 2, Mounted, Immune to First Strikes.
Orcish Catapult, 8, 1, Siege, (Same of norm catapult)
Orcish Shaman, 8, 1, Magician, starts with medic 1 and 2, 50% versus casters.
Orcish Transport, 2, 2, Naval, 2 cargo space.
Orcish Battleship, 6, 2, Naval.

5. Old Hatreds.
Thrall, 20, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, ignores defence buildings such as walls, (Earthquake), Limit of 1.
Rexxar, 18, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, +200% versus animals, 10% versus lone warriors, Limit of 1.
Orcish Far Seer, 10, 2, Magician, ignores defence buildings such as walls, (Earthquake), Limit of 4.
Orcish Hunter, 7, 3, Ranged, has +1 visibility and can see hidden units, +100% versus animals.
Orcish Rogue, 6, 1, Melee, is hidden and can walk freely into enemy terretory.
Orcish Warlock, 8, 1, Magician, +50% versus melee.

As for the other i'm not sure.

Magma said:
Ok I will try to give a reweiv(Hate that word!!!) of, what I had in mind for, the Orcish Civilization:

Orcs:

Leaders:

Name: Orgrim Doomhammer.
Traits: Expansive, Agresive.

Name: Thrall, son of Durutan.
Traits: Spiritual, Philosial

Name: Gul'dan, of the Shadow Concuil.
Traits: Organized, Aggresive.

Units
Name, S, M, Class.

1. Age of the clans.
Ner'zul, 8, 2, Hero, Immune to first strikes.
Orcish Nomad Axeman, 3, 1, Melee, + 50% versus Melee.
Orcish Nomad Spearman, 2, 1, Melee + 50% versus Ranged and Melee.
Orcish Nomad Archer, 3, 1, Ranged, (Same as norm archer).
Orcish Nomad Shaman, 5, 1, Magical.
Orcish Nomad Wolf Rider, 4, 2, Mounted, Immune to first strikes.

2. Age of the Horde
Warcheif Blackhand 9, 1, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, gives a 5% strength bonus to units in same tile, Limit of 1.
Fel Orc Warlock, 8, 1, Magical.

3. Fall of the Horde.
Warcheif Orgrim Doomhammer 10, 1, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, gives a 10% strength bonus to units in same tile, Limit of 1.
Deathknight, 10, 2, Mounted, Enemie suffers a 10% strength penality because of fear.

4. Rise of the new Horde.
Thrall, 14, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, ignores defence buildings such as walls, (Earthquake), Limit of 1.
Grom Hellscream, 14, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes +50 versus Melee, Limit of 1.

5. Old Hatreds.
Thrall, 20, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, ignores defence buildings such as walls, (Earthquake), Limit of 1.
Rexxar, 18, 2, Hero, Immune to First Strikes, +200% versus animals, 10% versus lone warriors, Limit of 1.
Orcish Hunter, 7, 3, Ranged, has +1 visibility and can see hidden units, +100% versus animals.
Orcish Rogue, 6, 1, Melee, is hidden and can walk freely into enemy terretory.
Orcish Warlock, 8, 1, Magician, +50% versus melee.

As for the other i'm not sure.

Wow very impressive, soo we have to make 3D models for all these units but i can import the ones already in starcraft and will import all the buildings and units and if we need, I will create new ones But wish me luck, with all the units in warcraft i wont finish very soon. I will so some reaserch on other Civs but im kinda busy in school got a big project (I agree about your feelings of the word review). wish me luck!:lol:

Killamike718 said:
Wow very impressive, soo we have to make 3D models for all these units but i can import the ones already in starcraft and will import all the buildings and units and if we need, I will create new ones But wish me luck, with all the units in warcraft i wont finish very soon. I will so some reaserch on other Civs but im kinda busy in school got a big project (I agree about your feelings of the word review). wish me luck!:lol:
Glad you agree with me:D Good luck, ill research on the human civilizations next.

Nice list of units. The Warhammer Mod could use a couple of that too as the asthetics are very similar maybe we could join efforts in this. This is what I'm currently working at:

it still needs to bend over a bit and the legs should be fixed. however as I still have problems with the rotation matrix this'll take time.
Seems you guys use improved methods not only the viewer. Can you import units out of warcraft and use them in civ? If you can would be nice if you shared a few we could reskin for our mod.

BTW in my buttoncorner are a couple of spellbuttons mostly taken from warcraft maybe you can utilize them.

Nice job you're doing! keep it up:thumbsup:

Ploeperpengel said:
Nice list of units. The Warhammer Mod could use a couple of that too as the asthetics are very similar maybe we could join efforts in this. This is what I'm currently working at:

it still needs to bend over a bit and the legs should be fixed. however as I still have problems with the rotation matrix this'll take time.
Seems you guys use improved methods not only the viewer. Can you import units out of warcraft and use them in civ? If you can would be nice if you shared a few we could reskin for our mod.

BTW in my buttoncorner are a couple of spellbuttons mostly taken from warcraft maybe you can utilize them.

Nice job you're doing! keep it up:thumbsup:

Ploeperpengel we could definantly Help you out, thats what the Civ community is all about. I was going to import them but i did import some units in the past and they do not come with animation but i beilieve you can help me with that because i currently only know how to model and texture stuff but i am getting this DVD from the gnomon workshop that will teach me how, HOPEFULLY! When i get the units imported i will inform you but its a large task looking at the Unit folders its humungus!! soo you can tell me what type of units you need and ill start with those. good luck with your mod and your doing one hell of a job from that screen shot!:goodjob:

Just start any unit you like. if we have more than one spearman i.e. it's always cool to mesh groups with different models and we also need different models for different eras. I'm sure we could put nearly anything of that list to good use also ;)
with animation will be hard. better ask some of the modelcreators here like Dual i.e. but I can help trying out existant animations with new unanimated models.

Ploeperpengel said:
Just start any unit you like. if we have more than one spearman i.e. it's always cool to mesh groups with different models and we also need different models for different eras. I'm sure we could put nearly anything of that list to good use also ;)
with animation will be hard. better ask some of the modelcreators here like Dual i.e. but I can help trying out existant animations with new unanimated models.

Sounds cool, ill get right on it!! anyway when i get that dvd, i will definantally animate it all but for now i will just import the models and textures for them.

Civmansam said:
hey I have so much to work on I haven't done much and Killamike has done a ton so... if there are any skins or models you need I'll try to do them and I think you can use this for the forgotten http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=164674

Thanks a ton Civmansam! I actually have these two UV maps that need to be skinned but take your time and tell me when your free. again thanks sooo much Civmansam!

Killamike718 said:
Thanks a ton Civmansam! I actually have these two UV maps that need to be skinned but take your time and tell me when your free. again thanks sooo much Civmansam!

Well the model was made by Sezereth so you should thank him and I'm pretty free anytime so just pm anything you want skinned

Civmansam said:
hey I have so much to work on I haven't done much and Killamike has done a ton so... if there are any skins or models you need I'll try to do them and I think you can use this for the forgotten http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=164674
If that skin is changed a little and the sword we removed we could have a Cultist of the damned.

Or human warlock, a necromancer, mage, priest.. I could go on, great unit:D

Oh and I forgot to add workers and settlers to the orc civilization :lol:

Doing now.

Top Bottom