[MOD] MagisterModmod

I like the idea of the randomness of that mutation gave to the Necronomicon, but I can also understand why people wouldn't want a shrine hurting their units. Instead of just granting amphibious, could you make a new promotion that has a chance to only apply the positive effects of mutation? Call it "Touch by the Overlords" or something.

Amfibious and resistance against of tsunami effect....sounds good?

I'm not sure if it was a bug, or it's what you intended.

I just played your mod as kuriotates.

I started on one side of an island, with the Bannor on the other.

We both went RoK, and Sabathiel built Bambur.

Just to try out the worldspell, I teched fanaticism, and fired off legends. I had a prophet so I built the wyrmhold.

Okay, I build a couple of dragon fanatics and send them into Sabathiel's territory.

I cast the convert city option and spread Cult of the Dragon. The dragon fanatic stays around. I start casting the convert units spell, over and over.

I think I had about half of Sabathiel's forces before I quit, including Bambur. Apparently this wasn't disturbing to Sabathiel either.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

In case someone thinks I'm just talking about them suddenly following the Dragon Cult, the units I am talking about came under my control. I guess Bambur stayed because I was RoK too.

But I had about half of Sabathiel's forces under my direct control.

It was intended for Cult of the Dragon units near Dragon Fanatics to join a nearby Dragon Fanatic's team, but if it is that powerful an ability I will change it so that they only change players when there is an actual dragon nearby.

------

I have finished merging my mod with the latest version of Tholal's More Naval AI. I'm going to test it for a couple more hours and then upload a new version tonight.

Edit: I did not get much sleep last night, and would rather take a nap than playtest right now. It is probably stable enough anyway. I went ahead and uploaded a new version in the opening post.

Since I have not yet figured out why some of you are having issues with the installer, and decided to go ahead and include a zip archive of all the files I changed in their folders too. You may use one download or the other. There is no need to use both.

If you chose not to use the installer, remember that you must copy the contents of "Magister Modmod for FH2 - Copy" into a copy of the Fall from Heaven 2 folder that has been renamed "Magister Modmod for FH2" if you want it to run correctly.

Arrogator trait for infernar allows to build ingenious building in conquered cities but warrens for instance do not give two units.

Warrens only effects living units, so it should not duplicate any demons.

After releasing the last version I discovered a mistake in some code I borrowed from Tholal. The Eyes and Ears Network does not give out any free technologies because Tholal used eTeam.canResearch(iTech, False) when he should have used pPlayer.canResearch(iTech, False). This will be fixed in the next release.

I also noticed that Scorpion Pens are always referred to as Spider Pens.

I just a few minutes ago figured out how to make the Airport icons appears Obsidian Gates instead of Happy Faces. Now I need to test to be sure that nothing that should be a happy face turns into an Obsidian Gate.

---------

So, does else anyone have feedback on the latest version?

Do I need to see if I can remember a changelog? I think I've discussed most everything in this thread already, or at least made it obvious in the 'pedia. The one thing that comes to mind now is that I have simplified the Sumon Rift spell since Tholal made limited duration units unload cargo before expiring. Rifts are now ICBMs with Dimensional affinity and the ability to carry a lot of cargo; they no longer create Portals. (Portals can still be created by exploring lairs.)

Did you notice where I said that in the last version the AIs never used World Spells?

Is there some reason why Guerilla II, and Woodsman II are limited to certain religions? Is it a balance thing?

One thing I really liked about Orbis was you could take both of those with a follower of any religion. I couldn't really see it as unbalancing when I played it. I also play the Erebus map most often and really miss the peak walker promotion you could take.

I know the base FFH doesn't do it this way, but is there another reason besides they just did it that way?

1. Barbarian leader can spam on exploring epic lairs with no fear of powerful enemies. Lairs should not able to be explored repeatedly, at least give it some cooldown.

2. Near all civs have overpowered ability in tier 1-3 right now, make tier 4 units less useful.

3. Infernal Grimgore should has restriction. I can usually build it and rush a tier 4 tech, like rightousness, commune with nature.

4. Dragon's hoard provides mithril? Not making sense and is overpowered. I have many ways to kill it in midgame; if I follow FoL, I can even subdue it with Yvain.

5. I seldom research smelting - iron working, because I can get free forge from that guild, and mithril from Acheron. And tier 3 melee unit sucks compared to recon/arcane/disciple/mounted line.

6. The game is nearly set if you founded a religion and build its shrine, especially Malakim. Rush Way of Wise, found the Emperyan, use religious fervor, then you can spam lightbringers, with so many free upgrades, then upgrade to radiant guard and spam sand lions, and Varn Gosam has 3 powerful traits.

Doing a Sheaim game, Calabim and Svaltarfar DoWed on me, sending lunatics. I had only archers and adepts, but I have an adventurer from lair, so I upgraded him to adept (free upgrade from commander) and researched necromancy. Once I had a death node, I have 6 str skeletion (strong + heroic attack 2), and my hero adept had twincast.....

1. Barbarian leader can spam on exploring epic lairs with no fear of powerful enemies. Lairs should not able to be explored repeatedly, at least give it some cooldown.

2. Near all civs have overpowered ability in tier 1-3 right now, make tier 4 units less useful.

3. Infernal Grimgore should has restriction. I can usually build it and rush a tier 4 tech, like rightousness, commune with nature.

4. Dragon's hoard provides mithril? Not making sense and is overpowered. I have many ways to kill it in midgame; if I follow FoL, I can even subdue it with Yvain.

5. I seldom research smelting - iron working, because I can get free forge from that guild, and mithril from Acheron. And tier 3 melee unit sucks compared to recon/arcane/disciple/mounted line.

6. The game is nearly set if you founded a religion and build its shrine, especially Malakim. Rush Way of Wise, found the Emperyan, use religious fervor, then you can spam lightbringers, with so many free upgrades, then upgrade to radiant guard and spam sand lions, and Varn Gosam has 3 powerful traits.

I agree with everything, in addition - basium with arrogator trait by taking over demon city - gets a super city- because of city has demonic citizens building and still can grow. And tablets of bambur still gives free GP per common mines.

I'm not sure why AIs are not using world spells, or even if that is true. I'm pretty sure I have seen the Khazad using their world spell a couple times.

Severed Souls were changed to permanent summons, which causes them to be immobile and thus unable to cast anything on the turn they are summoned. It seems I also forgot to remove the SPECIALUNIT_SPELL tag, so they were being deleted every turn. Note that Call Form is not supposed to be available when the summoner is already on the same tile. I've had some issue with Tholal's unit trading. Severed Souls were considered Mechanized so that they would not be considered living, but that lets them be traded. If they are traded, then their python prereq can cause a crash to desktop. I had to remove bMechanized and give them the Puppet promotion. They are working fine now.

Enemies generated from lairs should start with Hidden nationality, so they can still hurt barbarian trait leaders.

Giving lairs a cool down period would be quite complicated, probably requiring an SDK change.

I just made the Infernal Grimoire require Entropy Mana, and increased the chances that demons will try to reclaim it.

It makes a lot of sense for the dragon's hoard to grant mithril. It is canon that most dragon hoards do contain many mithril items, and that the dwarves have convinced many stupid humans that mithril is made from dragon bones. In older versions of vanilla FfH the hoard granted mithril, and Acheron was much easier to kill back then.

I just decided to make Smelting and Iron Working cheaper.

I see nothing wrong with heroes having stronger summons.

As of the last version Infernal cities captured by the Mercurians should be set to be of the Mercurian type, so Arrogator would have no effect in that case. Mercurian cities are getting the Demonic Citizens building due to a typo in a piece of code that is intended to make sure they never get the building. This will be fixed in the next release.

-----

Other changes in the next version:
Smugglers Ports will break blockades, but provide a smaller economic bonus

You do not have to own an equipment unit to pick it up (the building and promotion versions of take equipment are unchanged)

Life 3 no longer grants a healing bonus, but instead acts like the immortal promotion

Anagantios, Dumannios, and Riuros can be resurrected by the corresponding leaders

World units that were captured instead of killed should no longer be able to be resurrected and thus duplicated

A few TXT_KEYS have been updated

I'll probably release a new version later tonight if I don't discover another issue that needs changing.

I just released a new update, again with the option to use either an installer or copy the files manually.

Is there a way to tone down those city revolts? I don't mean to turn them off altogether, but as they are they are just too too much. I spend hours at a time of doing nothing other that going from revolt to revolt to revolt. And I have to keep so many units in the field that I cannot research any tech at all, much less ones that are so far in the future that at this rate they are 20 hours game time away at best.

My brother and I played a game with revolutions on. One of his conquered cities kept reverting, respawning the associated civilization just long enough to wipe them out again.
There didn't seem to be anything he could do about it. It was fairly early on, so not many known options to quell the revolts available. The city was in a near constant state of unrest, so nothing could get built.
I like the idea, but it just wasn't working out. Makes me quite glad that it is optional.

Yes, Life 3 is removed when a unit dies and resurrects itself. (It is also removed by the spells to resurrect other units.)

I am no expert on Revolutions, as I just copied the code from Tholal. I too have noticed that civs occasionally come to be and then disappear almost immediately, but do not know what to do about it.

I suppose I could change the Palaces so that they add more to the civ's stability, or reduce the instability penalties from various civics. (I have already done this to some degree, but perhaps not enough.)

The revolts due to religions could me made less frequent I suppose, if the problem is happening in cities that are home to the Cult of the Dragon, the Empyrean if you are playing as the Calabim, or the White Hand if you are at war with Auric after the Draw is completed.

My problem is that I took over a barb city and 2 of another civ's cities, and now can do nothing more. I can only build unit after unit and still have no way to build enough units to stop or control the revolts. I have no civic changes available, it's too early in the game. I have no research, and cannot tech my way to improving things. It's 80 turns a tech now. There is nothing I can do.

I don't mind a revolt, but I can't play a game that is nothing but revolts. It's not worth playing.

My problem is that I took over a barb city and 2 of another civ's cities, and now can do nothing more. I can only build unit after unit and still have no way to build enough units to stop or control the revolts. I have no civic changes available, it's too early in the game. I have no research, and cannot tech my way to improving things. It's 80 turns a tech now. There is nothing I can do.

I don't mind a revolt, but I can't play a game that is nothing but revolts. It's not worth playing.

Yes, revolutions basically make REXing impossible - therefore all those REX civilizations - doviello, orcs, hippus - there is no point to play with those - especially "domination " games.

My proposition - to doviello and orc palacies, hippus - extra anti-revolution bonuses - or reduced revolution penalties overall. IMO military state civic needs stronger stability bonuses.

Top Bottom