Bug Reporting

@ nelisini
That is usually caused by Mod's being installed wrong, or missing its [BUG] config .ini
You'll need to make sure logging is enabled, in the CivilizationIV.ini, and attach the resultant
PythonErr.log, which you should likely ZIP first.

@ nelisini
That is usually caused by Mod's being installed wrong, or missing its [BUG] config .ini
You'll need to make sure logging is enabled, in the CivilizationIV.ini, and attach the resultant
PythonErr.log, which you should likely ZIP first.

where can i find PythonErr.log?

do i need to post the PythonErr.log here?

if so, here it is

[/SPOILER]Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 75, in preGameStart

File "CvScreensInterface", line 83, in showTechChooser

File "CvTechChooser", line 193, in interfaceScreen

File "CvTechChooser", line 205, in ConstructTabs

File "CvTechChooser", line 251, in DrawTechChooser

File "CvTechChooser", line 332, in placeTechs

File "CvTechChooser", line 355, in addIconsToTechPanel

AttributeError: 'CyPlayer' object has no attribute 'getUnitButton'
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface
[/SPOILER]

how do u spoiler btw?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 75, in preGameStart

File "CvScreensInterface", line 83, in showTechChooser

File "CvTechChooser", line 193, in interfaceScreen

File "CvTechChooser", line 205, in ConstructTabs

File "CvTechChooser", line 251, in DrawTechChooser

File "CvTechChooser", line 332, in placeTechs

AttributeError: 'CyPlayer' object has no attribute 'getUnitButton'
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

*chuckle* I don't use WinXP, but IIRC if you right-click on the file you should get an option to ZIP it or send to ZIP, unless XP only supports unpacking of zipfiles.

I use Win2K and WinRAR, Shareware(40 day unlimited Trial).
7-zip is popular among opensource geeks, or any other number of zip utilities, ZipGenius, IZArc
Total Commander (File Manager) also has internal support for ZIP files.

Well that definintely doesn't look like a misplaced .ini or skewed BUG install. One of the shorter logs too. I'll have to leave it to Emperor Fool, as I haven't run into this particular error before. Though it does have some similiarity to other "no attribute" errors.

You could try uninstalling BUG, and reinstall with the Single Player MOD option. Thats generally the best way to install it these days - far too many problems crop up dropping it into "CustomAssets".

Start by visiting this page and following the instructions. It will tell you how to get the information we need to help you. You can post again here with that information and we can go from there.

@ Emperor Fool, The Wiki seems to have a fair amount of info that have no links to get to them - if you don't know they are there. Aside from the "Toolbox | Special Pages -> List of Pages | All Pages"

Of interest perhaps: Special Pages | Maitenance Reports | Orphaned Pages
The following pages are not linked from other pages in civ4bug.
  1. Admin
  2. Bug Reports
  3. Features
  4. Options
  5. Requests
  6. Troubleshooting

Then theres the link Visit project - civ4bug up at the top of the Wiki page, which takes you to a page that wants you to download Bug 3.5.1

Betchya organization and documentation is a bigger pain-in-the-azz than writing the fun stuff (code) ;)

Oops, I didn't see the next page before replying. This error means you are running an old version of BTS. BUG only supports 3.13+. You must patch to 3.13, 3.17 or 3.19 to run BUG.

@ Emperor Fool, The Wiki seems to have a fair amount of info that have no links to get to them

Yes, and some pages are in the middle of being written. I just wrote up that Troubleshooting page after posting the same info over and over. :)

The "Visit project civ4bug" is placed there by SF.net, so I cannot control it. :mad:

i have done what u asked: here it is

OS version: XP

BTS version: 3.17

BUG version: 3.6

Installation source: EXE

Installation method: Singleplayer (CustomAssets)

I use no other mods and i did the standard setup

I hope this will help

I load my saved game which is around 1800AD and the game crashes. I tried loading the 5 auto saved games before my save and they all result in a crash too. However i load a few earlier manual saves that are before 0AD and they all open.

This is for BTS, Patch 3.19, BAT MOD 1.2.

Spoiler My crash error :
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 005437f7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 3164
Additional Information 2: f31c530d3d12785f4cca5eb2cbce0d8e
Additional Information 3: 011d
Additional Information 4: 01351879a445e41ad4df3ba5eb395c4d

Spoiler my logging issues :

I change and save the logging enable text on notepad to from 0 to 1.
Open the file again to check its changed, it has.
I load BTS
I load BAT 1.2
I load my game.
Crash.
I check the logging, the correct logging file is not there.
I check the logging enable text, its changed back to 0.

Game type:
7 Civilizations
I am Lincoln of America.
Standard map size

Specs :
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
Windows Vista 32 BIT
3 GB RAM
Pentium Dual 3.4ghz and 3.4ghz

I uploaded my saved game, http://www.2shared.com/file/6531613/63769a52/mid.html

I hope this will help

Can you please double-check that you have 3.17 installed? From the main menu, go to ADVANCED, ABOUT THIS BUILD, and look at CIV VERSION. It should be 317.

The reason I ask is because I've seen this error when people haven't actually patched to 3.13+.

I load my saved game which is around 1800AD and the game crashes. . . .

There are some known crashes with some units from VD unfortunately. Alerum will be putting together a new release containing a new VD (5.3 I believe), but it's such a huge mod that it's really hard for them to test every unit and combination. You have two options now, though.

1. Update BAT to use a new VD yourself. Others have done it here and it takes intermediate computer skills I would guess.

2. If you just want to finish your game, go to where you installed BTS (has the CivBeyondSword.exe program). Go into the Mods folder and open the "BAT Mod 1.x" folder. In there is a folder called Assets. Rename it to anything else.

Now you can load your game. You won't get the graphics of BAT nor the features of BUG, but you should be able to at least finish your game.

1. Update BAT to use a new VD yourself. Others have done it here and it takes intermediate computer skills I would guess.
Thanks for the response. Im going to go with option 1 because the ethnic diversity is a must for me.

Where do i find information on changing my VD in BAT to the latest VD?

I checked the VD thread here, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=237192 and its latest version is 6.1. Thats the correct one?

I dont want the different city styles, just units.

I'm afraid I'm not the guy with the VD knowledge. Alerum put together BAT from BUG and VD (and other graphic mods). You could post to the VD forum a question about extracting just the units. It should be a simple matter of copying the correct files from VD to BAT's Assets folder.

@ Voltage, I'll put up a tutorial for BUG + VD in the next day or two. I don't have CIV installed atm, was waiting on my Graphics Card to arrive and do a clean windows install et al. I believe its fairly straight forward, but I ran into some issues last week - though it was a myriad of multiple things culminating into a big mess.

Top Bottom