Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

The national wonder movie that was not playing turns out to be a RoM one not AAranda's or mine! Its the Aerospace national wonder. I get a blue box but no movie.

I'll try to investigate this but don't have any leads what might be the cause so it can take a while to track this kind of bugs down.

I wish I could give you more information but I rather stupidly overwrote the only uncorrupted save. If it happens again I will get my saves and make a log if it will help.

At least it didn't happen at like turn 500. That would have really ground my gears lol.

Otherwise the mod has been pretty good for me.

The following bug is probably not RoMs fault, but I don't know which mod is the cause of it. I'm hoping zappara will know :).

In a MP game (revolutions turned off), when I tried to sell a building in a city (via Ctrl+a) the game went out of sync and spammed approximately 8-10 lines of errors in th chat box. I'm not at home right now, so I can't check what it said yet. Any idea what causes this, zappara?

The national wonder movie that was not playing turns out to be a RoM one not AAranda's or mine! Its the Aerospace national wonder. I get a blue box but no movie.

Yeah i got the same thing.:(

Plus i got these also, dont know what the heck No GP for unit 25 means:crazyeye:

And dont know if its RoM or Aaranda's/Dancing H, for the TXT error:confused:

Zap got the attachments, so i deleted them, thx Zap

Probably not a bug but I have managed to get some tech and two treasures from the same set of ruins. I have also seen one AI player get at least two treasures from ruins.

Presumably relating to Realistic Diplomacy: I wonder if there should be any holy city-related events that affect diplomacy?

In my current game, Catherine founded Judaism, and quickly afterwards I adopted the religion, declared war and took the city from her. After a peace treaty was agreed, she immediately went to Pleased and agreed Open Borders with me as she had no negative diplomatic events listed against me at all (not even "You declared war" for some reason) and mainly had +6 for having the same state religion! I have been able to stretch out a conflict with her and she has been quick to forgive and forget every time I asked.

This got me thinking. Perhaps some extra diplomatic events should be tracked:

"You stole our holy city!" - large negative upon the holy city capture itself when the state religion corresponds.

"We cannot accept our holy city remaining in your hands!" - negative diplomacy when civ A founded the religion creating the holy city and civ B now owns it. Whether you claimed the city directly or not, this will still nag the founder.

"Our people are disturbed that you control the holy city of our religion." - A smaller negative: Civ A has a state religion and Civ B owns that religion's holy city. In addition, Civ A is running a Civic that causes unrest when the state religion's holy city is owned by someone else (Revolutions Mod).

I'm "fairly" sure that similar events don't already exist. These could add a lot of richness and realism to diplomacy, where holy cities could end up being a real bone of contention between civilistions!

Presumably relating to Realistic Diplomacy: I wonder if there should be any holy city-related events that affect diplomacy?

In my current game, Catherine founded Judaism, and quickly afterwards I adopted the religion, declared war and took the city from her. After a peace treaty was agreed, she immediately went to Pleased and agreed Open Borders with me as she had no negative diplomatic events listed against me at all (not even "You declared war" for some reason) and mainly had +6 for having the same state religion! I have been able to stretch out a conflict with her and she has been quick to forgive and forget every time I asked.

This got me thinking. Perhaps some extra diplomatic events should be tracked:

"You stole our holy city!" - large negative upon the holy city capture itself when the state religion corresponds.

"We cannot accept our holy city remaining in your hands!" - negative diplomacy when civ A founded the religion creating the holy city and civ B now owns it. Whether you claimed the city directly or not, this will still nag the founder.

"Our people are disturbed that you control the holy city of our religion." - A smaller negative: Civ A has a state religion and Civ B owns that religion's holy city. In addition, Civ A is running a Civic that causes unrest when the state religion's holy city is owned by someone else (Revolutions Mod).

I'm "fairly" sure that similar events don't already exist. These could add a lot of richness and realism to diplomacy, where holy cities could end up being a real bone of contention between civilistions!

Interesting Ideas. Wrong thread though; Zappara didn't make Realisitc Diplomacy, I did.

You should open a thread for discussion in the A new dawn forum. This doesn't sound very hard to add; and I like the ideas here.

Error in cityGrowth event handler <bound method BugEventManager.onCityGrowth of <BugEventManager.BugEventManager instance at 0x0F7675F8>>

I had this Bug in 2.81 and i have now in 2.9, its terribly annoying when new events dont occur

EDIT : im using win 7

Error in cityGrowth event handler <bound method BugEventManager.onCityGrowth of <BugEventManager.BugEventManager instance at 0x0F7675F8>>

I had this Bug in 2.81 and i have now in 2.9, its terribly annoying when new events dont occur

EDIT : im using win 7
It's not related to random events. Most likely it's BUG mod's alert event handler issue...

Hello. I'd like to say that this is a very frustrating mod for me. Because I can play it long enough to see that it would be my favorite mod if only it didnt continuously crash. I've attempted to play this 5 times now. Everytime the same thing happens, it works great until modern times, then at some point during modern times, for no reason i can make out, it will crash to the desktop suddenly. If i reload the game it usually crashes to the desktop again, but not always at the same place, it might move a turn or 2 further along then crash to desktop again. Eventually though, it gets to a point where it wont go any further no matter what decisions i make in the game. The crash most frequently happens when a city is building a new building, though it has also happened when a new tech was being learned, and once seemed to be happening during the CPU moves.
I have read the suggestion that it may be a memory problem, but i'm using a new computer, windows 7 64 bit, with 6 GB ram. I turned all the graphic settings to the lowest quality and it had no effect on the crashing. I played on a small map and I'm still crashing in the modern era the same as I did on a large map.

I've attached my latest save file. For me this game will crash to desktop everytime within 4 turns. Seems not to matter what tech i research or what buildings I have my cities building. If it would help I can upload similar saves from my earlier attempts at playing this mod. This save is using 2.9 with no other mods. I had the same problem in 2.81.

Attachments

• J BC-5450.CivBeyondSwordSave
    394.1 KB · Views: 130
been trying some multiplayer games of late with this ( ver 2.9 ), tons of fun.

playing the 3civ huge earth map, and it consistently crashes on turn 160.

Got these in the Audio area, dont know for sure whose these are for:

Spoiler :
[41465.143] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS2D_DIPLO_OSTENACO_EARLY of TagId 3
[41465.143] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS2D_DIPLO_OSTENACO_EARLY of TagId 3
[41465.143] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS2D_DIPLO_OSTENACO_LATE of TagId 3
[41465.143] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS2D_DIPLO_OSTENACO_LATE of TagId 3
[41467.156] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS2D_DIPLO_SENNACHERIB_MIDDLE of TagId 3
[41467.156] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS2D_DIPLO_SENNACHERIB_MIDDLE of TagId 3
[42323.867] WRN: FAudioSystemMiles::Acquire3DSampleId: Could not acquire Id
[42323.867] ERR: FSound3D::InitHandle(): SoundId 692 could not initialize handle for variation 2
[42323.867] ERR: FSound3D::DoLoad: Could not initialize handle for sound Sounds/Units/AnimalFootLarge.
[42323.867] WRN: FAudioManager::Do3DSound(): Could not load scriptId 148./n
[42323.867] ERR: FSound3D::InitHandle(): SoundId 692 could not initialize handle for variation 3
[42323.867] ERR: FSound3D::DoLoad: Could not initialize handle for sound Sounds/Units/AnimalFootLarge.
[42323.867] WRN: FAudioManager::Do3DSound(): Could not load scriptId 148./n
[42323.867] ERR: FSound3D::InitHandle(): SoundId 692 could not initialize handle for variation 0

Hi, i have downloaded the mod but when i try to extract it to the mod folder in beyond the sword i get Winrar diagnostic messages for example,
"C:/users/admin/downloads/riseofmankind2.9.rar: cannot create folder rise of mankind/assets"
and for every error like that there is an error saying
"the system cannot find the path specified"
in total there are 12180 errors.
Thanks.

I am using v3.17

Hi, i have downloaded the mod but when i try to extract it to the mod folder in beyond the sword i get Winrar diagnostic messages for example,
"C:/users/admin/downloads/riseofmankind2.9.rar: cannot create folder rise of mankind/assets"
and for every error like that there is an error saying
"the system cannot find the path specified"
in total there are 12180 errors.
Thanks.

I am using v3.17

It sounds like you do not have access to create directories. Are you using Win 7 perhaps? If so you may need to be in admin mode to install.

Have similar problem to Jomb's and JoeHollywood.
While playing a 2 players multiplayer game, the game permanently crashed at some moment. Reloading the game or loading an earlier save didn't help.
I can upload save or any logs if necessary. Just tell me there to find them (logs) :)

P.S. zappara, thanks for the greatest mod ever! :D

Hi zappara, Great job!

I'm from China, and one of old version in 2.62 has been translated into Chinese by the fans of civclub.net.

My suggestion is, could you please add a new world wonder "Qin Shi Huang's Terracotta Army" in the next version? the function of the wonder would be like to "King Richard's Crusader", means generating land units in a few of turns.

You can refer to "the museum of Terracotta Army" at this offical site - http://www.bmy.com.cn
If need any help, I'd like to support you.

Terracotta Army is already part of A New Dawn, so if playing in english isn't too big of an obstacle, just grab the latest version of RoM & AND.

Or, alternatively, whip those translators so they finish the translation of newer versions faster. :p

Now i have a bug in this great mod, too. :cry:

I use 2.9 and now i have a lot of CTDs.

In this save, i think it goes CTD when the year 1700 b.c. is reached. But i did'nt have any idea why.

I have packed the Logs,too.

Attachments

• Xagrim v. Chr.-0540.CivBeyondSwordSave
    111.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Logs.rar
    203.8 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom