Support Section on Official Civ4 Site & Patch Download

I'm getting a weird error when I try and run the patch. I can download everything through the in-game updater just fine, but when the update reaches the end of its install, I get this message "Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Sid Meier's Civilization 4. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on? Thanks!

I downloaded the patch several times because Civ4 keeps freezing my
computer. When I go to install it says that it cannot find a previous version of Civ4. I tried 3 different downloads. Any suggestions. My computer has suggested requirements. I bought Civ4 from DirectDrive and even downloaded their version of the patch. Thank you.

I'm getting a weird error when I try and run the patch. I can download everything through the in-game updater just fine, but when the update reaches the end of its install, I get this message "Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Sid Meier's Civilization 4. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on? Thanks!

Getting this too..

Help! bought the game by downloading it. Istalled it to my default drive, game plays fine, went to multiplayer said I needed patch, downloaded, then when trying to install said could not find game installed...

I then reinstalled making sure its on c: drive in the default directory and downloaded the patch again and still says cant install game is not installed.?????

bought and downloaded from http://www.direct2drive.com/

Help!

Found the fix, Had to download the patch from the site I bought the game at not the same patch as the normal box version!

Hello, am I being stupid but I can't seem to open the patch. The game won't run so I can't download it through that so I'm left as frustrated as ever.

Any help much appreciated.

Heres a list of the error messages I get during init XML (uncached):

There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
Current XML file is GameInfo/CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

Tag: GAMESPEED_MARATHON in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is: GameInfo/CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

I get these two error messages six times each while loading. Sometimes I get to see an intro commercial, but most of the time it crashes before that.

I did not have _this_ issue until I downloaded the patch.

um not sure were to post my problem but, i cant get the game to start. every since i added patch 1.61. when it starts it crashes the computer. i didnt have that problem before, with 1.52. i had several mods working and had most improved to 1.61. i did notice after about my 7th reinstall in 5 days that the blue marble terrain is showing. even though ive deleted all files in fireaxis and my doc, my games

discskyer said:

i've got the same problem. i didn't download the game at d2d or something, i have the original cd. i always get "error 1706", i tried to download and install both, within the game and manually. i tried to uninstall and patch directly from 1.0. nothing worked. right now i'm pretty annoyed. a few people seem to have exactly the same problem but even after hours i couldn't find a solution that would work. right now i hate this patch.

so please could anyone try to help a tormented soul. thanks :sad:

[edit] the game in singleplayer mode seems (!) to work, but i can't connect to multiplayer via internet [/edit]

Hey all,
I love Civ IV. The problem is that my laptop does not agree with the game at all. I used to think I would never be able to play the game on my laptop at school, but then learned that fans of all kinds were complaining about the game's high requirements, especially the lack of compatability with laptops.
So I downloaded v1.61. It helped to eliminate the "cheshire cat effect" of leaders with floating eyeballs and mouths. However, I still can only see black on the surface of the map. I can see all the farms and roads on top of the terrain, but tiles do not show up.
Has anyone else had this problem and not had it solved by the latest patch?
If so, any solutions?

Your help would be appreciated! I can list my computer specs of course, ie. to confirm whether my computer is a total piece of crap or not.

Have you also tried the workaround to reveal entire map via world builder? Does this work for you?

Hi there, i am having shocking crashing problems when any of the patches are installed, basically the game starts up ok but as soon as you enter the game where it first auto saves the entire computer freezes OS and all. only way out is to power off.

with the base version 1.0 installed and the manual fixes of old everything works fine

computer is an HP compaq nx7010 with 1.8GHz 1GB ram and radeon mobility 9200 grphics, i cannot install the catalyst drivers on this computer it flat out wont let me, i can install the hyrdavision ones and have the latest installed.
when i tried the omega drivers i lost the display totally and had to spend half a day recovering the computer with resorting to a system restore point.

help?

If you bought Civ IV Warlords from Direct 2 Drive then you can't update the game when the GAME itself says "Hey, here's an update you can download"??

G#@ %#m# M)*%#$#$rs!

Ammodog said:
Found the fix, Had to download the patch from the site I bought the game at not the same patch as the normal box version!

Link please? I've been all over direct2drive.com and don't see any Warlords 2.08 patch download link.

Just downloaded patch 1.61 (ok - its been a while since I played!) - its saying that it can't find Civ4 installed - which is wromg as its in c:program file\fraxis games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4

Is there any way to direct the patch to that file - or do I need to move civ 4 somewhere - and if so is that likly to cause problems?

- problem solved with a reinstall of civ4

is this the right place to check if i installed the patch or am I in the wrong place?

Attachments

• version.bmp
    173.5 KB · Views: 270
I have downloaded and installed the v2.08. When I tried to start the game again, the computer didnt read the cd. Said that cannot find the cd.

What should I do?

I resently downloaded patch_174 and installed it but when i try 2 run the game i keep gettin this meassage ( This application has failed 2 start because D3DX9_32.DLL was not found ) anyone know wot this means HELP!!!!

Top Bottom