EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

It's just like reading the manual, really.

Slowly but surely working around the map with the Company, when this slightly misleading message came up:
Misleading.gif

Tank_Guy#3... Looks like things are "Warming Up" in your Game and should be a Fun One now that the Zombies have started gaining Power.

By the way... a good reason to help the other Human Factions is so you can trade for Capabilities rather than have to research them all.

If you have not Built the Nerd Club and Paradise Voyage and started Bombarding Jungle Island and Adventure Island, it would be wise to do so as soon as possible. The Zombies will have Extreme Power and especially when they reach The Omega turn 112.

I am sure you will upgrade the TARDIS as well as gain Adventure Island and Upgrade the Annihilator... then you will have some serious Power.

Good Luck with your game :)

I haven't had a lot of time to play this lately, so my Farmer game has progressed pretty slowly. I've cleared out the southern section(Fast Food to Factory), the North Shore industrial triangle, and am now targeting the zombie buildings around the Military Base. I'm going to take the Authorities out once I get that area under control; I don't need them anymore, and those trucks will be useful, plus I don't want them becoming even a little menace later.

I've been very successful with roaming hunter/killer groups this time around, some areas of the map seem almost bare of activity. I know they are just laying for me though. :p

Edit: The naval game is quite involved now.I,m still basically tied to the area around the coast guard. I've thrown everything I can at them, including the liberal use of Old Buzard, but it's like they never stop coming! :D I've lost half a dozen cruise mines, and at least a dozen near fatal encounters. I have a Voyager coming soon though, THAT should turn the tide...

Tank_Guy#3... Looks like things are "Warming Up" in your Game and should be a Fun One now that the Zombies have started gaining Power.

By the way... a good reason to help the other Human Factions is so you can trade for Capabilities rather than have to research them all.

If you have not Built the Nerd Club and Paradise Voyage and started Bombarding Jungle Island and Adventure Island, it would be wise to do so as soon as possible. The Zombies will have Extreme Power and especially when they reach The Omega turn 112.

I am sure you will upgrade the TARDIS as well as gain Adventure Island and Upgrade the Annihilator... then you will have some serious Power.

Good Luck with your game :)
I am starting to assist the Farmers and Authorities to survive. But it might be too little too late, not to mention they lose cities painfully easily.

Tank_Guy#3... Yes indeed, the Human AI do not possess the ability to hold on to their buildings against the Zombies as a Real Player can.

Use all Cruisers and Voyagers to Bombard and then capture Jungle Island and Adventure Island with Units you place inside the Voyagers as you "deal" with issues on the Island. Trade with the Human AI as far as Upgrading the TARDIS and Captain Spiff (Advanced Mathematics or Mega Laser). Research one of those and the AI will research the other... then After Upgrading the Annihilator, You should have a Victory.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way... I have been remaking many of the Game Graphics to perfect them as well as working on the Civilopedia and improving the script.txt. Tank_Guy#3, Your Screen Shot above with the message that used incorrect syntax has been corrected among other things.

There are many Key Locations = Wonders that do not really fit in my opinion because building a Building that is inside a building did not make sense. As examples, The Police Department and Bank Vault are represented Graphically as Buildings that are built inside the Police Station and Bank :crazyeye: ... I have remade all of the Key Location Graphics that used Buildings to represent them that did not fit. Other than the Bank Vault and Police Department, I remade the Emergency Room, Mayor's Office, Detective's Office, Military HQ, Munitions Store and explained the Production Line and Warehouse Outlet as being connected to their respective Buildings on the Island.
I also remade the Granary to correct the shadows that are in the wrong direction and improved the image. That image was made from the original Granary in CIV III that has the incorrect shadows and the sides of the Granary are not aligned to its top as well.

I am adjusting about 30 small Unit Graphics in the Civilopedia to improve and balance them with the other unit Graphics. These are mainly Units from the Original CIV III Game that are rather "washed out" or faded so to speak that I want to adjust to fit with the other Units.

There were minor things such as the Map Frame for the Island Map that shows in the Combat and Status Advisors screens was off 1 pixel and I wanted to make the Civilopedia Screens all more balanced to go together better.

I remade all Science, Advisor and Demographics Screens as well as remade the Domestic Plusminus Buttons, used in the "Situation Advisor" screen, so they do not have a bright colored square around them.

I corrected the Terrain around the Military Base and Airport to state "Official Area" when mousing over those areas in game. They state "House" because those Graphics files use the xhills.pcx file and the hills.pcx that goes with the xhills.pcx file was used to make the Houses that are on the terrain around the Island. I found a way to separate them so I could provide the generic name for the Military Base and Airport Terrain that I call "Official Area".

Generally, just perfecting things in the game that I could not get to earlier.

I will be Updating the Game again soon as much as I do not like the hassles of Updates. The Update will be posted as an Update for those who already have the Game as well as Uploading the Entire Game again for those who do not.

Because players have saved Games that they want to replay, I kept the names and entries that were first entered in earlier versions the same in the Biq and Text files for the graphics I improved despite wanting to correct the entries in the Biq and text files that use names of Wonders from the Original CIV III Game for their entries. This is no problem and does not show in game, just me being particular and wanting to edit more directly :lol:
...The added "Official Area" terrain will not show in saved games but will not cause any replay problems.

For now, I am holding off the Update to make sure everything that I want to improve is finished because this will be the 5th Update since the Release.

If anyone knows of anything else I need to correct or improve in the Game, Please let me know now :)

Well, you need a special MP version, but the SP version is coming along nicely.

It appears that we're taking it in turns to be delayed over it, and it's currently my turn. (I'm correcting an essay as I post this -on Caturday night!).

But the Zombies are dreadful if anything more than two of the other factions are run by human players, some careful nerfing should ensue. Perhaps extra starting units for all non-human players, if that can be arranged.

Takhisis... I have been working on "Tweaking" all things I did not see or get to before the Release and especially the Zombies.

I Test played the Zombie Faction against the Human AI and Won the Game by The Mutation turn 42 and did not have to use any Mutant Zombies.

There were a few things I missed for the Zombies that while no one would notice and no big deal, I wanted to correct for game play concerning the Zombies.

I will be updating the Game Again with the Adjustments soon.

Concerning a Biq for MP... Should this be addressed for all Human Players against the Zombie AI or should it also include the Zombies as a Human Player? There is a Big difference!

Maybe two separate .biqs.

Takhisis... Think I will address the MP Biq using an AI Zombie because the Zombies are a chore to play for a Human due to the Hordes of units and after doing so, it is too easy :)

I will get this more final Update out and then work on the MP Biq... I would still appreciate feedback on what you guys think concerning a MP Biq, even though I already know most of the changes that need to be placed.

I have almost 18 MBs of Updates ready now so I will Re-Upload the Entire Game again Very Soon...and I will also Upload the Update separately for anyone who just wants to manually place all of the new Files rather than Download the Entire Game again.

Many adjustments as well as a few additions to perfect the Game and Graphics.
...Play Testing now to make sure all is as wanted.

Been playing as the Company on G. The zombies have taken the Radio tower and I've been seeing Terrors and Colossi. I've taken the Executive Club, Aerospace Center, and Yacht Club, but things are getting rough at the Dog Pound...

Greetings Vulcadon! Its been awhile since I've played EFZI 2 and was filled with zombie joy to see you have made the complete version. I downloaded & unzipped the file, but cannot seem to find the .biq file (that's the map right?) Is it in a separate download?
Many zombie thanks!

Vercingetorixx and King Coltrane... The Biq should be in with the Download files but just in case I missed placing it in, I posted it at the bottom of the Download Post #1 at SOC as Biq #4.

EDIT: I see what happened concerning the Biq for you guys... The newest Biq is in Update #1 May 4th. To be up to date, you need to place all 4 Updates.

I will be Updating the Game probably within a couple of weeks.
New Additions and Many things perfected that I did not get to before.
Just Game testing now.

Top Bottom