Term 3. Welcome to the Foreign Ministry.

I agree, we need to hold onto MC until we're sure we have a very reasonable chance of grabbing the colossus (at least until a forge is built)

But we should not be too selfish because we could get trumped by another civ that is also researching it and thus is able to make a trade for it and get a good deal for it and we are left with nothing. I really want to use the tech as a bargaining leverage so that we can gets lots out of it from other teams. It is a good thing that you cannot prebuild anymore and thus it means that once we get can go full steam ahead with getting the Colossus.

We still need Alphabet before we can trade techs.

But we should not be too selfish because we could get trumped by another civ that is also researching it and thus is able to make a trade for it and get a good deal for it and we are left with nothing. I really want to use the tech as a bargaining leverage so that we can gets lots out of it from other teams. It is a good thing that you cannot prebuild anymore and thus it means that once we get can go full steam ahead with getting the Colossus.

Then by all means agree to trade it, 10 turns after we have it but not when we get it immediatly.

That's why when we have built the Forge it is safe for us to trade.

It is a good thing that you cannot prebuild anymore and thus it means that once we get can go full steam ahead with getting the Colossus.
It is also a bad thing, because if we trade metal casting around right when we get it, and another team beats us to the Colossus by two turns, all we get is :commerce: . All those :hammers: are gone. No wonder. No axes. Just :commerce: .

We're not the only ones who know how important this wonder is.

Dear BCLG, dear classical_hero, dear thunderfalls!

Almost simultaneously with the last save you sent us an email with a
request for open borders. Even though we understand that our decision
will block your exploring warrior, we have to decline.

During the chat with classical_hero we already discussed about open
borders and at the moment it does not seem to make any sense for us.
Unless we do not have sailing, we will not have an increase of commerce.
That's the reason for our rejection of open borders at the moment.

We hope you will understand our position.

With best regards,

bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen

message reply :(

which we have now done, had a message from EVG sitting in the box when i went to grab the save today.

Greetings, Fanatica!

It is a great pleasure for the citizens of the Possums' Republic of Elucidonia to finally meet the people of your nation. It was a long and difficult trek for us to discover your lands, but in the end our sturdy scout Albert prevailed against the odds, and much to our delight just reported to us having sighted the city of Fever River. We are gladdened to find other civilized presence in this largely barbarous world!

We hope that you will accept our tidings of good will, and that the future may hold the possibilities of peace and prosperity for both of our nations. We will shortly arrange an ambassador to your team from amongst our ranks so that you may communicate more easily and freely with us.

Sincerely,
Emperor (Lord Parkin)
Turn Player for EVG

CH can you send a quick note in reply, maybe asking them whereabouts they are?

This is their reply.
Greetings classical_hero,

I have added (or attempted to add) your above address to my MSN list, but it does not seem to have gone through. It is a Yahoo address, so are you sure it is compatible with MSN?

My own contact details are as follows:
MSN: unknownman102@hotmail.com (you will need to let me know ahead of time as I rarely log in otherwise)
Gmail Chat: <removed at user request> (I am on here a great deal of the time)

Regards,
Emperor (Lord Parkin)
Turn Player for EVG

I just had a chat with Emp/LP

General Chit chat.
[10:37] John - Lord Parkin - emp: So, how are CFC doing so far in the ISDG? Had any troubles, or is all going smoothly?
[10:38] classical_hero: Generally things have gone smoothly. But it is in my area that we have had the most problems. I am the third Foriegn Minister we have had in three terms, all due to RL issues with the previous two not having the time to do this job.
[10:39] classical_hero: How are things are EVG?
[10:39] John - Lord Parkin - emp: I think reasonably fine. We don't have a large number of members, but those who are there are there fairly regularly.
[10:40] John - Lord Parkin - emp: We've only had to replace one or two diplomats, and they gave us notification.
[10:40] classical_hero: We have large numbers but only a few are regulars.
[10:40] John - Lord Parkin - emp: So which civs do you have bordering you? From what we can gather, it seems like you've got BAT, GCA and COG on different sides.
[10:40] classical_hero: Things started off grandly but then people realised what was needed, then participation dropped.
[10:41] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Ah, I see
[10:41] classical_hero: You are correct in what you said.
[10:42] John - Lord Parkin - emp: OK. COG is on one side of us and GWT the other. CBR is the only other 'near' civ, but they're really quite a distance away.
[10:42] John - Lord Parkin - emp: I see we both have 3 cities...
[10:42] classical_hero: GCA is the near civ for us. COG and BAT are one either side. That is correct.
[10:46] John - Lord Parkin - emp: How have your dealings with the other civs been so far?
[10:46] classical_hero: So far we have not been able to chat with COG, but apart from them we have had good relations with the other teams.
[10:47] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Yeah, I think COG are online quite irregularly, we've noticed the same thing.
[10:47] John - Lord Parkin - emp: And as with you, we've had friendly relations with all of the teams to date.
[10:50] classical_hero: Have you met all the teams yet?
[10:50] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Yes, you were the last we met. (You can see this on the F4 screen.)
[10:51] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Tokugawa was an interesting choice of civ, by the way. Any particular reason why you chose him? Or just majority vote? :)
[10:52] classical_hero: It was by a vote. We just separated the traits and then we had the top civs from those traits and then we got majority for Japan.
[10:54] classical_hero: We also had a poll about the different UUs to see which ones we liked the most and that helped us make our choice.
[10:55] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Ah, ok.
[10:56] John - Lord Parkin - emp: I think that we decided we wanted a Financial civ, and then picked out of those. It was close between Huayna and Mansa as I recall, but Mansa won out.
More Chit chat
[11:05] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Have you had many barbarian troubles yet?
[11:05] classical_hero: I am not sure, bu we might have.
[11:05] John - Lord Parkin - emp: We've seen surprisingly few of them in our neck of the woods (for Monarch level, at least)
[11:06] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Perhaps it's partly due to the "land bridge" layout of the map
[11:06] classical_hero: It does seem to be an hindrance to Barbs.
[11:10] John - Lord Parkin - emp: 1-tile wide land bridges extending for a dozen or so tiles seem to be the norm for the ISDG map...
[11:11] classical_hero: They are, which makes them great scouting areas for stopping potential enemy attacks.
[11:12] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Yes, indeed.
[11:12] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Was there anything else you wanted to discuss? I'll have to go soon. :)
[11:13] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Assignments to write...
[11:13] classical_hero: Techs.
[11:13] classical_hero: I am glad that I am out of school.uni
[11:13] John - Lord Parkin - emp: heh
[11:13] John - Lord Parkin - emp: What techs are you researching at the moment?
[11:13] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Ourselves, we've just completed Mathematics and are heading for Currency.
[11:14] classical_hero: I can't say ATM.
[11:14] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Well, OK. I figure there's no harm in sharing info since most people will have Alpha soon anyway. :)
[11:16] classical_hero: Once Alpha is researched things we get very hectic in the Diplo arena.
[11:17] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Perhaps. At the very least though, everyone will know what everyone else has, even if they're not trading.
[11:18] classical_hero: Well what is unique to each team.
[11:19] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Yeah, I guess.
[11:22] John - Lord Parkin - emp: Anyway I really had better get going now.
[11:22] classical_hero: CYA.
[11:23] John - Lord Parkin - emp: I'll see you later. Have a talk to your team, perhaps you'd be willing to exchange your tech info with us since we've shared ours with you. ;)
[11:23] classical_hero: Once we both have Alpha.. CYA

From this chat we know that they are going to research Currency

I just got a PM form Kingpin, the Diplomat for EVG/StG
Classical_hero,

I am not sure if you received my e-mail introducing myself as team EvG-StG ambassador to the CFC team.

I wanted to contact you to let you know we are offering you Open Borders. Hopefully this gesture will help to foster goodwill between our nations.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss anything that would be to the mutual benefit of our nations.

Kingpin
I doubt that we would want to give OB since it really does not gain anything for us right now, but we could still go for it with the proviso that they give us a heads up in the direction they came from.

This was also in our team email address.
Greetings CFC,

We have just obtained Sailing and have noticed that our two nations can potentially be connected to one another through trade. We have therefore offered Open Borders to you this turn so that both of our nations can mutually benefit from the long-distance trade routes. We hope that you will be agreeable to this offer. :)

Regards,
Emperor of EVG.
So perhaps we could go for a no entering OB so that we can get the benefit of trade but without them having to learn our territory. We could say that they can enter our territory once we both have seen each others territory. Plus what can I say about our tech Path. I was thinking that we cold say that we are researching Metal Casting but we do not want to trade it away immediately since we want t hold onto it for as long as we can for us to gain the most benefit from it, since we have done the hard work on it.

Top Bottom