38,000 members

Were up to 38,380 right now... Only 1,620 more intill 40,000!!!

If we require people to register before they are allowed to view the forum, I think we will have a hundred or more new users everyday... Just an idea.

Of course I am not going to do that.... :)

Why not?

At least Zulu9821 would like it... so many newbies to smash...;)

I wouldn't mind if you made people register before they could view the forum. A lot of other forums do that exact thing.

Oh and you can put me up as one of those inactive posters that posts once every six months.

Actually, it would *almost* be better if we didn't have so many users...:mischief: We would need less CPU and search could be enabled again....

I dislike having to register before I can read threads, as sometimes you want to see what you are registering for...

Originally posted by Dell19
I dislike having to register before I can read threads, as sometimes you want to see what you are registering for...

I agree.

having to register before you can view the forum is sotrof like randomly pointing at something in a store, buying it, THEN seeing what it is... only sort of.

Originally posted by casual_moose
having to register before you can view the forum is sotrof like randomly pointing at something in a store, buying it, THEN seeing what it is... only sort of.

I didn't even try to read anything when I first came. I just said "This looks cool!" and posted. Some people have said that they read a lot before they came. There's this kid in chat (Ginger_Ale) and he says that he has been reading everything that's going on. He's not registered and doesn't plan to be for awhile. How can he do this if you guys say you can't read until you register?

You can read before you register although I didn't think you could use the chat room... Basically we started talking about this because TF mentioned that he could force people to register before they read so that the number of members would increase.

Originally posted by casual_moose

More like randomly pointing at something in a store, having it given to you for free, THEN seeing what it is ...

There's this kid in chat (Ginger_Ale) and he says that he has been reading everything that's going on. He's not registered and doesn't plan to be for awhile. How can he do this if you guys say you can't read until you register?

I think that's the first thing you've ever said that I agree with :)

You can read before you register although I didn't think you could use the chat room...

The chat room has absoloutly no link to Cfc apart from the name, and the moderators, and the topic, and the admin, and the people that visit... That list went a little too long for it to have much effect :mischief: You can join it from any mIRC client, or even Java.

I'm against the idea of registering before being allowed to view the forum, Ginger Ale is the man! ;)

Okay it must just be the GC chat that you seem to need to register before you can use.

Now there's 38,596 members!

Wahoo! My lucky number! ;)

Yeah, don't make people register before they can read.

Atleast half of the people who might be members in the future would not be if that was the case.

I hate having to register before reading.

And think about Ginger_Ale! He's our favourite Lurker! :D
He wouldn't be able to read if that was the case.

I was already wondering why I never saw his posts as he talks so much in the chat...

Yes, I wouldn't have either registered if it was so that you can't view the forums before registering.

Can't you just post when we reach 40000 rather than posting random numbers of members?

Whoa. :eek:

I remember the big 30,000 users celebration. Now it's 38,000?!

Over 39,000 only about 970 to go before 40k.

Top Bottom