Fall patch is out

nice a new patch, but I`m having trouble with the saves of my multiplayer hotseat games and just experienced first crash in single player..

in Hotseat when I try to load the save I have a blacked out continue button at the pw screen(
I didnt use pw).. anyone familiar with this?? I had to surrender the one game already for lack of progress..

My graphics are now bugged.

To be exact: the cow and deer tiles are now 'smeared' towards one direction til the end of my screen. The cow or deer tile turn into stripes wich just don't end.

this sucks. do I now have to reinstall?

On the 2K forum somebody else has the same. He says:

"My video went also bad immediately after the update. All animals are long lines across the screen - the troops all display okay. It appears to just be problem with display of the landscape animals. Windows 7 - Direct x 10.

I updated all drivers - and problem still persists."

Same issue here. Updated drivers G41 express chipset, W 7, 64 bit

I won't be playing your game when it's messed up like this.

For me the game is smoother too (and I experienced no graphics crashes/bugs). And I have also noticed no possibility to puppet captured cities sometimes.

The "We are family" achievement still isnt working for me, although my religion was majority in all cities on the map (standard size as required).

Game runs brilliantly! But, then I have had 2 crashes playing as Polynesia around turn 26-31... All drivers updated prior to patching... On DX9.

Trying to find crashlog now...

Can't say I have ever had a single crash with CiV since it's initial installation at release, but now 2 in 10 minutes. Really not looking to get back into it until something is fixed.

My CiV runs smoothly. No graphic bugs or anything else some guys have suffered here.

What I really don't like:
I disabled the "automatic update" function on steam to prevent the update on my CiV game. However, when I started the game Steam started the update anyways... That's really... stupid. What is this option for, then...? :mad:

I like the way it shows which part of the rest of the world it is processing whilst you wait for your turn again

Played the game on marathon first 130 turns. Seems that citystates get taken over pretty fast by other civilizations. Egypt is steamrolling persia at the moment.

About the "processing turn" popup on the screen between turns.

Its distracting and therefor annoying how it pops up right at the time I'm trying to concentrate on gameplay. Any way to turn this off???? Thanks.

Game runs brilliantly! But, then I have had 2 crashes playing as Polynesia around turn 26-31... All drivers updated prior to patching... On DX9.

Trying to find crashlog now...

Can't say I have ever had a single crash with CiV since it's initial installation at release, but now 2 in 10 minutes. Really not looking to get back into it until something is fixed.

If you can post the .mdmp files that are generated in your civ v root directory, that would be very helpful, along with your dxdiag. Thanks much.

Okay, so the problem I've had since the patch is that, the first time I enter the mods menu after starting the program, all of my mods are unchecked

I can confirm this. If I a) turn on mods, b) start a new game, c) exit Civ and d) start up Civ again all mods are turned off again.

I haven't subscribed to the mods but keep a copy in the mods folder.

\Skodkim

Yes, and I've unsubscribed to all the mods that were, because they were downloaded again each time I launched civ5 and was going in the mod section...

Verifying the local game cache on Steam just notified me that two files failed validation and were reacquired.

Maybe there was a hotfix to the patch already. I had no problems with the game, though, but I have an upper midrange PC anyway (decent graphics, somewhat dated CPU).

So far I am very happy with the patch, but I didn't get over 100 turns of play time in since updating.

I'd recommend everyone deactivate ALL THEIR MODS until compatibility of them has been ensured. I am 99% sure this is the root cause for most of the stability issues people are having.

My CiV runs smoothly. No graphic bugs or anything else some guys have suffered here.

What I really don't like:
I disabled the "automatic update" function on steam to prevent the update on my CiV game. However, when I started the game Steam started the update anyways... That's really... stupid. What is this option for, then...? :mad:

Its's a bit like "diplomatic" dictatorships. ;)

Started a new Large Emperor map last night. So far, so good.

I'm not noticing turn times being any faster, but it's still very early in the game, and turn times were pretty fast for me before anyway.

The AI seems to be a little more aggressive than usual. Isabella captured a city state on something like Turn 40!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 2012-11-02_00001.jpg
    2012-11-02_00001.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 360
  • 2012-11-02_00002.jpg
    2012-11-02_00002.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 330
Great patch! Washington rebuild 3 Cities which I razed twice. AI is expanding!
What is weird though is that for building national wonders, cities which are razed have to have the required building too. If you raze Antium - not having a market- you cannot build the National Treasury.

Top Bottom