Term 3 – Nominations for the Designated Player Pool

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The Designated Player is the Citizen that carries out the instructions posted by the elected officials in the Game Session Instruction Thread. If an official does not post instructions, the Designated Player has complete control of that official’s area of responsibility. The Designated Player is selected in sequence from the Designated Player Pool

Any citizen that wishes to be a Designated Player must post in this thread. A citizen may run for an elected office and apply to be a Designated Player in the same term. The Designated Player Pool does not count as an elected office. All candidates that that receive a vote from more than ½ of the citizens that vote in the Designated Player Election will be accepted as a Designated Player for that term

If you are nominated by someone else, please Accept or Decline.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the 27 September (that’s 8pm EDT 26 September).

Please Note: I shall start closing the nomination threads and posting the polls approx 1½ hours early at 22:30 GMT (6:30 PM EDT), 26 September.

I will self nominate myself, however, I may have to do some switching in the order to find a timeslot I can manage.

It seems turnchats now won't take obscenely long times (2-3 hours max, hopefully), so I will see what I can do.

i second Ginger_Ale and nominate DaveShack, OctavianX, Donovan Zoi, Chieftess, Ravensfire, greekguy, SaaM, timbently, BlackHole, and Nobody.

I second everyone above and decline my nomination.

Black_Hole said:
I decline, I have no DP experiance...
Ahh, but this is a great chance to gain some. There are good notes about general procedures, and I assure you, many people are willing to help you out. Being a DP is a great way for a citizen to gain a connection to the game. Always remember that the DP has control over when the session ends, so if you get in over your head, you end the session, and take it to the forums.

I encourage anyone interested to sign up for the DP position. Explain your experience in playing Civ, and how you think you'll handle a turn as DP.

-- Ravensfire

I'll accept. This one play session per term thing is working out a lot better on the home front than a whole month of mysterious 3 hour periods locked in the home office. :D

DaveShack said:
I'll accept. This one play session per term thing is working out a lot better on the home front than a whole month of mysterious 3 hour periods locked in the home office. :D

Dave, I have no idea what you're talking about. :mischief: :lol:

I too shall accept my nomination.

Ill self-nominate myself and accept.

I too self nominate and accept.

I was the one planting Apollo on that mountain as our war correspondent and saved 20 potentially lost shields. Nothing wrong took place that session.

I'll accept.

I apply to be a Designated Player for Term 3.

-- Ravensfire, candidate for President

Top Bottom