DOWNLOAD Warhammer Version 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got em. Seems to have solved the problem-thanks for your help. Strongly suggest you can the flames until there's a bugfix-kind of annoying when you first download the mod. That said, I'm looking forward to enjoying Warhammer now-you guys have done a really good job, even for someone who'd never heard of Warhammer till I found this mod (I like the backstory-reminds me of the Conan series. Might have to check out the original game.)

Do you have Living World option on? Strongly recommend keeping it off.
But yeah, this will get toned down as we add more events. But still, these events are designed to add more conflict to the world - and to force you to have a reserve army and guard all your cities well, not just those on the frontier.

Living world was off. Its just that after teh first barbs crosses your borders, the barb events seem to go crazy. Like happening every 2-3 turns. I do play marathon normally. maybey that has something to do with it.

Bugs:
The asrai mages start with the elven promotion instead of the asrai promotion.
Dwarves and orks automatically have their religion spread to their second city when they found their second city. Even when they dnt have the apropiate tech yet or the shrine build.
Ancient forests only give 0.01? health compared to 0.50 health of normal forests.

Is their a generic event thread? Since I only see the greenskin event thread.

Yes, marathon makes a difference, because I *think* many events are triggered to not be able to happen before turn X. On normal speed, you're pretty developed by turn X so you can handle the barbs, on marathon speed you're much less advanced.
Dwarves and orks automatically have their religion spread to their second city when they found their second city. Even when they dnt have the apropiate tech yet or the shrine build

This is intended; different religions spread in different ways.

The asrai mages start with the elven promotion instead of the asrai promotion.
Ancient forests only give 0.01? health compared to 0.50 health of normal forests.

Bugs. Ancient forests should be 1.00 health.

The main event thread is in the private team forum, but feel free to make suggestions wherever you fit best (or create a new thread here).

Just to ask, does the mod not work on XP or only the patch?

The base mod works fine with xp. Don't install patch a just yet, but we will hopefully have an xp-workable patch in the very near future.

You're aware this link goes to a file that is 1.5A.exe ? Are you sure this is the right file?

Hi,

I have tried with my version of windows vista and I get a crash to desktop on a fresh install of the mod with the patch. I have tried it patched and unpatched and get the same result. If there is something i can testg let me know

You're aware this link goes to a file that is 1.5A.exe ? Are you sure this is the right file?

Damn, i knew i would forget something lol. yeh its the right file. i was orriginally going to just make it patc ha again, but realised it would make more sense as patch b... but forgot i hadnt called the file 1.5 B lol... ill just rename it to patch a in the download link, make life easyer. (its definately the right one.)

I installed this file into /beyondthesword/mods , and it doesn't seem to have installed the patch.

Yes; none of the new features are there. No Asrai promotion, no breeding ground requirement for dryads and treekin, no ore pit improvement, etc.

It unzips a bunch of files, and it doesn't seem to have created any obviously new folders in the wrong places (eg in the /beyondthesword/mods folder), but the new content doesn't seem to be appearing in game.

*edit* I'll try deleting the mod, reinstalling 1.5 and then installing this patch over it.

*edit2* I did this (deletion and fresh install) and still have the same problems - no new patch features.

I haven't tried the new patch yet, will do it tonight, but you could try unpacking it in an 'x' folder, and then replace the files by hand.

I have 1.5 working by extracting elsewhere and manually pasting. Some issues noted:

1. An error comes up on mod load with an issue with a marsh draining event.
2. Bronze working doesn't require Mining?? Very strange. Should require mining, not crafting - crafting for cottages is good enough for a single tech.
3. Wood elf great eagle requires flight tech - which requires advanced engineering, which they can't research. I dislike the flight tech anyway, I'd generally want to merge it in with
Make the great eagle require monster breeding and lore of beasts.
4. I dislike Sailling requiring trade; I much prefer Trade requires Sailing or horsebackriding. Marketplace should probably come at trade, not crafting.
5. Colleges still buildable by elves (wood elves, at least).
6. Fear is bugged. Every turn there is a unit with fear, there is a python error.
File "CvSpellInterface", line 26, in effect.
File "string", line 0, in ?
NameError: name 'effectFear' is not defined.

Terror has the same bug (except that its 'effectTerror' is not defined).
7. Asrai worker has Elven promotion, not Asrai promotion. Spellbinder gets elven promotion, not asrai promotion.
8. Dryads causing fear? Ugh...
I know they do in tabletop, but in this mod we're limiting fear to fewer units, and those that really have superntaural fear effects, not just anything that is monsterish. Dryads are strong enough as it is - they don't need an extra boost. And its really out of flavor; lets limit fear to the undead factions, and a handful of other units like dragons and some demons and dark elf stuff. Wood elves aren't about supernatural fear.
9. Ancient forests are giving +0.01 health, instead of +1.00.

I have 1.5 working by extracting elsewhere and manually pasting.

damn, so my installer was a dud?

2. Bronze working doesn't require Mining?? Very strange. Should require mining, not crafting - crafting for cottages is good enough for a single tech.

i was going to argue that because crafting need mining it dosnt matter but then i realised you dont actually need mining to get crafting :duh: i just fixed this by making mining an 'and' requirement.

3. Wood elf great eagle requires flight tech - which requires advanced engineering, which they can't research.

HAHAHA can you tell i havent played a game that far into the tech tree before? :p

Make the great eagle require monster breeding and lore of beasts.

Ok :p

7. Asrai worker has Elven promotion, not Asrai promotion. Spellbinder gets elven promotion, not asrai promotion.

fixed

8. Dryads causing fear? Ugh...
I know they do in tabletop, but in this mod we're limiting fear to fewer units, and those that really have superntaural fear effects, not just anything that is monsterish. Dryads are strong enough as it is - they don't need an extra boost. And its really out of flavor; lets limit fear to the undead factions, and a handful of other units like dragons and some demons and dark elf stuff. Wood elves aren't about supernatural fear.

actually if you were to read the fluff on dryads in the army book you would expect them to cause fear. a couple of 'little' quotes:

"Dryads are spiteful and deadly creatures with hearts akin to shards of ice. In the soul of a Dryad is neither room nor regard for compassion or mercy, merely an uncompromising dedication to Athel Loren that makes even the most heartfelt vows of elf or man seem trivial by comparison. To harm the forest is to incur the wrath of the Dryads and invoke a deadly and unyeilding vengence that will follow the transgressor until his body had been ruined and broken at their hands.

Dryads are able to shape-shift into different forms, often mimiking the appearence of Elves, appearing as unearthly, lithe and beautiful maidens - albeit with a greenish hue to their skin and twigs in their long cascading hair. With her beguiling beauty and the haunting melodies of otherworldly song, a dryad entices her victim into the shadowy depths of the forest. Only when the hapless prey is completely under her spell, their minds lost in a cloud of desire and promise, does the Dryad strike. Sloughing off her beauteous form she transforms into her war-aspect, the hatred and spite of her soul remaking her outer appearance into a thing of horror. Her hair becomes a twisted mass of thorns briars and twigs, her face distorts into a terrifying and savage visage, her limbs turn long and wood-like and her fingers become visceous talons capable of rending and impailing her prey. Before the victim has even registeres his predicament, his blood is spilt upon the hungry ground of the forest and his body ripped limb from limb with implacable svagery.....

.... a surprise attack by hissing and darting Dryads is oftentimes the first warning an enemy will have that Athel Loren marches against it. That or their general disapearing from camp in the still watches of the night, only to be found shredded and lifeless in a nearby glade at dawn the next day."

something to fear no? id rather face a hord of shambling skeletons, at least then id know what i was up against. With Dryads you havent a clue what to expect. Fear the Unknown. so yeh, woodelves may not be about supernatural fear, by Dryads sure as hell are.

9. Ancient forests are giving +0.01 health, instead of +1.00.

Damn... fixed.

Dryads posing as hot elves so they can destroy peeps...sounds like there is room for Slaanesh here. In the WFRPG fluff Daemonettes like to assume the form of elven wenches...of course there are usually two...hugging each other.

damn elves.

Dyrads are beautiful women... .until they get close, then they kill you. Not particularly scary. Besides, by this logic you could get scared of anything that can kill you. Should trolls have fear? Giants? Knights? Griffons?
The fear effects need to be limited to units that actually cause supernatural fear effects - ie units that are actually even scarier than they should be. Units that can just kill you in unpleasant ways don't need a fear effect, they just have a high combat strength.

I also hate how you've implemented fear and terror. Using promotions to do it means that when I cast fear, the entire enemy stack is weakened *even when I then attack it with a unit that does not have the fear ability*!

I would rather that fear and terror were removed entirely until we can get them to work properly (for fear; a combat bonus for the unit with cause fear against all units not immune to fear) than this current system.

Daemonettes also shouldnt' have a fear effect - they should get a charm person spell.

how are dryads not supernatural i ask you? they should keep fear.

I also hate how you've implemented fear and terror. Using promotions to do it means that when I cast fear, the entire enemy stack is weakened *even when I then attack it with a unit that does not have the fear ability*!

yeh it was an experiment on something you helped suggest (remember? :p) so it aint all my fault :p i do still want to figure out some way to make this work.

@ AH: what kind of python calls do you think we could make to
a) check an attacking unit has fear promotion,
b) if a unit has the fear promotion then the unit it is attacking have a chance to get -20% strength for that combat.
and also a2) check a defending unit has Fear promotion,
b2) if the unit has fear then the attacking units have a chance to get -20% strength for that combat.

also would you be able to write up a code like this (and tell me where to put it) that we can test if you think it is posible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom