Warhammer Heart of Chaos - Download and Current Changelog

Civ4 is a very old game. Firaxis isn't really getting any new revenue from the project.

True but does that not just imply that its time for Civ5 ;)

totally offtopic... but check this:

Civilization V Announced!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354036

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ontopic:
i hope version 0.4 will work on my side. will it still require FF051?

We'd better get cracking then. No-one will play our mod once Civ5 comes out....

Still, not sure if "oooh, hexes" constitutes enough to justify a new game.

What they really need to do is somehow get away from stack combat, thats the single biggest thing holdnig this game back IMO.

It does look pretty though.

Hopefully we will have removed all the FF references, so the game should run find standalone.
(PL, did you test that, by say renaming your FF051 folder and running the WH build?)

We'd better get cracking then. No-one will play our mod once Civ5 comes out....

Still, not sure if "oooh, hexes" constitutes enough to justify a new game.

What they really need to do is somehow get away from stack combat, thats the single biggest thing holdnig this game back IMO.

It does look pretty though.

Hopefully we will have removed all the FF references, so the game should run find standalone.
(PL, did you test that, by say renaming your FF051 folder and running the WH build?)
It'll take about 2+ years to develop and release it, think we're good. :) I reccomend we upload the mod to strategyinformer, btw, more people there.

We should also try to get the tech requirements for units right asap.

See: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8754980&postcount=43

Several of the core units in the current build 0.03 have the wrong tech requirements.

I'm not sure if this has to be replaced for UUs or not, but we want to minimize the amount of XMl work required.

Also, anyone have thoughts on Wonders, post 115?

Guys, im really struggling to upload this damn thing.

Strategy informer takes 5-9 hours to upload and ill be buggered if i babysit my computer for 9 hours while it uploads.

megaupload dost work for me at all.

Im resorting to atomic gamer again, if it uploads, thats the link you will get. sorry to those people who don't like atomic gamer but it appears to be the only site that i can upload to reliably.

i officially hate, Hate, HATE uploading this mod. this is the part that P!55's me off the most about modding....

[/RANT]

It could be your geographical location relative to the file servers (western australia, ass-end of the world). Once you get it somewhere that others can download, we can set up a mirror somewhere else.

western australia, ass-end of the world

urgh, tell me about it T_T

It could be your geographical location

thats most likely it. i think ill look into torrents again today

Once you get it somewhere that others can download, we can set up a mirror somewhere else.

good idea

EDIT: good news, i got a reply from the Megaupload support people and they fixed the issue. looks like the mods finally uploading (albeit really slowly) and if all goes to plan it should be done in 4 and a half hours.

Good to see that you are still working on this wonderful mod project! Combining Civ and Warhammer! Awesome!

I'm having problems with starting the new version, however.
Downloaded twice, tried reinstalling several times, always crashes on start with the following message "GFC Error: failed to initiatialize primary control theme".

What gives?

Changed name on the mod folder from the default install path "Warhammer ... 0.04" to the old "Warhammer ... 0.03" and now it seems to work.

Changed name on the mod folder from the default install path "Warhammer ... 0.04" to the old "Warhammer ... 0.03" and now it seems to work.

Damn! thanks for picking this up Ignatas :) i try get a quick fix out asap

EDIT: Hmmm i just realized that i have the 'Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03' version in my mods folder as well, and when i rename it to 'Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03xxx' i get the primary control theme error as well. this looks like a reoccurrance of the same error we had before. Orlanth managed to fix it. ill try redo his changes now.

EDIT2: to fix primary Control Theme Error download the Quick Fix posted below. i also added links to the first post.

DISCLAIMER: This mod is a work in progress. The downloads listed below are the PRE-ALPHA version of the mod (latest link last) (meaning a LOT of content is missing and its probably still quite buggy) so we need your feedback on any bugs you find (we aren't concerned so much with balance just yet, but suggestions are welcome)

Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04 pre-Alpha

Warhammer Heart of Chaos: Sound Pack

Latest Patch: Quick Fix 1

Install Instructions:
  • WHoC 0.04 is *actually* a stand alone installation and does not require any other files to be installed
  • When installing, make sure the Destination location is correct for your computer. Make sure the directory is something like: {Civ4 Installation directory such as C: Games\}Civilization\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04
  • Install the mod :)
  • Extract the Warhammer Sound Pack (courtesy of Orlanth) to your 'Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04' directory and overwrite all files. (the mod works without it, however it will just have no sound)

[*] Download the Latest Patch 'Quick Fix 1' and Extract it to your 'Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04' folder, allow the extraction to overwrite all files. (this fixes any Primary Control Themes failing to initialize)
  • Enjoy :D

Spoiler Version 0.04 :

• Fixed CTD thanks to Orlanth and the rest of the team (thanks for your patience on this)
  • Reduced load time by compressing the art into a .FPK file
  • fixed the intro music and added a Warhammer load screen.
  • KG2: adjusted the woodelf bonuses from forests (+1 hammer from new forest, forest and +1 food from ancient forest) New forest gives +0.5 health, forest gives +0.6 health, and ancient forest gives +0.75 health.
  • ancient forest have the same yeilds as a normal forest (ie just +1 hammer) but with greater defense (+50% defense)
  • KG1: fixed the EQUIPMENT_CONTAINER XML error on startup
  • BD1: Workers can now build trails with the Wild Paths tech correctly.
  • BD5: Adjusted some tech requirements (Lordship req. military discipline and philosophy. Tyranny req. Military Discipline, warefare and Bronzeworking. Tzeentch Req. Corruption of chaos and literacy.)
  • BD7: Workers can build Corrals correctly
  • BD10: Workers can build Meteorite Mines correctly (excluding Woodelf Workers)
  • Added Orc and Goblin Civs with leaders and flag art.
  • AH49: i fixed the too many scouts issue. it appears that you must always start with one scout... no idea why this is. so i simply removed a scout or warrior from the civilizations xml file and now each civ starts with either a warrior and scout or 2 warriors
  • Added new Amber Wizard art (thanks to warkirby)
  • Added new Amethyst Wizard art (thanks to Esvath)
  • Added new Druid art (thanks to warkirby)
  • Added new alchemist art (thanks to seZ)
  • Added new Highelf caster art (thanks to seZ and Esvath)
  • Added new Woodelf caster art (thanks to seZ and Esvath)
  • Added new Grey Wizard art (thanks to esvath)
  • Added new Light Wizard art (thanks to esvath)
  • Added Heirophant of Hysh and Heirophant Lord of Hysh spell caster units (they were missing)
  • Relinked old bright Wizard art
  • Relinked old Celestial Wizard art (thanks to esvath)
  • Removed defensive strikes from Drill 1 and 2 [AH43]
  • Removed combat vs mounted units from Drill 4. [AH43]
  • Removed Aptitude 1-2 promotions, also removed skilled 1-5 promotions. [AH45]
  • dropped Warpstone mine yields from 6 extra commerce and 2 extra hammers to 2 extra commerce and 1 extra hammer [AH47]
  • changed mammoths resource to only provide +2 food to the tile. +1 hammer +1 commerce with camp. Removed its health benefits.
  • changed Rare Herbs resource to only provide +1 commerce to the tile. +1 food hammer +2 commerce with Plantation. Removed its health benefits. [BD6]
  • fixed waystone [AH48] & [BD4]
  • increased scale of Pipeweed from 0.5 to 0.9 [AH50]
  • Workers cannot build camps outside of Borders now. [AH51]
  • Fixed duplicated 'Demon/daemon' promotions [BD3]
  • Workers can now correctly build Trails (with certain civs) [BD1]
  • Slavery now correctly gives hammers not beakers [AH57]

Spoiler :

Downloading now.

You might want to fix the installation instructions to make 0.03 vs 0.04 more consistent.

Install Instructions:
WHoC 0.04 is *actually* a stand alone installation and does not require any other files to be installed
When installing, make sure the Destination location is correct for your computer. Make sure the directory is something like: {Civ4 Installation directory such as C: Games\}Civilization\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03
Install the mod
Extract the Warhammer Sound Pack (courtesy of Orlanth) to your 'Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03' directory and overwrite all files. (the mod works without it, however it will just have no sound)

Download the Latest Patch 'Quick Fix 1' and Extract it to your 'Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04' folder, allow the extraction to overwrite all files. (this fixes any Primary Control Themes failing to initialize)

Also, are you sure the Quick Fix is supposed to extract directly to the WHoC 0.04 folder? That creates a "primary control theme fix" folder with an Assets and resource folder inside it; shouldn't the Assets and Resource folders instead be merged into the WHoC folder?

hmm atm its still not starting on my end.

i noticed two little things while installing:

the "setup create start menu folder" doesnt allow ":" in it.
(might be because of my win xp? (with german language settings btw) i mean, it might be no problem on vista? or other newer windows? (or maybe on english language settings?))

the setup created desktop shortcut isnt realy one... just an "empty data".

-------------------------------------

with just the installation (no hotfix) the mod crashes to desktop at loading (init xml).

didnt even showed me the "GFC Error: failed to initiatialize primary control theme" that happened to Ignatas a few posts above.

-------------------------------------
after throwing in the assets and the hotfix it doesnt crash to desktop anymore...

but i get a new error:
"Tag: ERA_END in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Technologies/CIV4TechInfos.xml"

that error comes 4 times (hmm 4 times era end error might be the default civ4 eras are still in there somewhere.) and then it crashes to desktop :lol:

--------------------------------------

Attachments

• b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 64
  • b2.JPG
    b2.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 64
  • b3.JPG
    b3.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 82
the "setup create start menu folder" doesnt allow ":" in it.

I didn't test this, I didn't want a start menu icon.

the setup created desktop shortcut isnt realy one... just an "empty data".
I can confirm this.

that error comes 4 times (hmm 4 times era end error might be the default civ4 eras are still in there somewhere.) and then it crashes to desktop

I got this error and then the LeaderHead counterpart like 30 times, but hold down the enter key for a while (to ok all the errors) and it worked eventually, no CTD.

I got this error and then the LeaderHead counterpart like 30 times, but hold down the enter key for a while (to ok all the errors) and it worked eventually, no CTD.

i just get the 4 era_end errors and then it crashes to desktop... i dont even come to the leaderhead errors hehe.

i messed around with the XML:
tried around a bit...
Spoiler :

era_end seems to be used for the techs "TECH_ADVANCED_DOCTRINE_1, TECH_ADVANCED_DOCTRINE_2, TECH_ADVANCED_DOCTRINE_3 and TECH_NEVER" (so it might be used to setup "you cant tech after this tech" or something similar... but that doesnt matter atm.)

first i just deleted all 4 techs completely.

it worked... ok got a few more errors that are missing "tech_never" then ... but i came to the leaderhead errors and after these to the main menu!

then i tried just to delete the 4 lines
" <Era>ERA_END</Era>"
in each tech...
but that crashed me to desktop again without error.

so i just deleted the 3 "TECH_ADVANCED_DOCTRINE 1,2,3" (as tech_never seems to be used for other stuff too.)

this time i just get the one "era_end" error because of "tech_never" and then the mob of leaderhead errors and then i get to the main menu again.

hope i wont mess up other things and cause errors because of deleteing these 3 tech text lines...

----------------------------------------

btw... is there anything special where i should test around a bit or keep my eyes open for errors?
i.e. when some civs are complete in already testing them more then the unfinished ones...

i think i dont report every missing unit art or missing text in the civelopedia or such things... i guess errors that prevent playing are more important atm. as other stuff is still missing and be added later.

Top Bottom