Guess the New Civs

Usually the dlc's civilizations have some sort of scenario . What kind of scenario both of them could fit into?

Portugal made friendly contact with Kongo and there was a great interchange of trade, with Kongo adopting Christianity and even the king Nzinga Mbemba receiving a portugues name and title and sending his son to live in Lisbon.

Later, they had a falling out over the slave trade, and it led to war. Kongo was eventually overcome by the superior-tech of the portuguese.

I can't remember the exact name, but there were some wars involving rights to the Congo basin that Portugal, Kongo and Dutch fought in

Sounds like a slam dunk double pack for African colonization. Should be the next DLC.

If we get another Native American DLC, you could do another colonization scenario or a manifest destiny scenario.

Poland/Sweden are possible but long shots. Not sure what other viable scenarios you could choose that would sell with a civ not currently present in the game.

Adding ancient civs is probably not an option considering we already have a scenario from the Wonders of the Ancient World DLC. Why would they add Sumer or Hittite when some people have yet to purchase that DLC? Or create a second overlapping scenario?

My guess for the last spot:

Hittites. Why: there are no ancient civs included yet in the expansion. They have made an appearance in the series. Sumeria likely would sell better as a DLC/2nd expansion civ.

True Ancient Era civs are boring, because they are really limited as to options. You can have replacements for Warriors or Archers or Chariots, and that's about it.
True. And the buildings: Granary, monument, stone works, library, barracks, shrine(?).
But it''s limited, yes.

Although I must say I did like the Hittites and Sumeria in WOTAW.

My guess for the last spot:

Hittites. Why: there are no ancient civs included yet in the expansion. They have made an appearance in the series. Sumeria likely would sell better as a DLC/2nd expansion civ.

I'd really like them to add the Hittites, but they would either have to be an Ancient-era aggressive Civ (of which there are already plenty) or something very defensive, like Babylon but without the science bonus. Not sure they'll go down that route when they've already added one Civ geared at Ancient-era rushing (the Huns).

I'd really like them to add the Hittites, but they would either have to be an Ancient-era aggressive Civ (of which there are already plenty) or something very defensive, like Babylon but without the science bonus. Not sure they'll go down that route when they've already added one Civ geared at Ancient-era rushing (the Huns).

Don't forget that there's already a Civ with defensive bonus,without science bonus(Ethiopia) .

Don't forget that there's already a Civ with defensive bonus,without science bonus(Ethiopia) .

Yeah, I know - I meant another defensive Civ from the Ancient era specifically. Ethiopia look Industrial/Modern to me.

Hittites were known for their Chariots in warfare, and considering Egypt already has a UU, I don't see them offering much in terms of unique game play. Sumer bonuses would probably all come the first 15 turns of the game anyhow. We all know how lame Babylon's UA is so I don't want them to repeat that mistake. I am not opposed to ancient civs but only if they bring something new.

Ethiopia is a little too modern for my taste so if we get Zulu I am sure they will be more geared toward the early game. Ethiopia should have been more faith based than the traits we have gotten thus far.

Portugal made friendly contact with Kongo and there was a great interchange of trade, with Kongo adopting Christianity and even the king Nzinga Mbemba receiving a portugues name and title and sending his son to live in Lisbon.

Later, they had a falling out over the slave trade, and it led to war. Kongo was eventually overcome by the superior-tech of the portuguese.

Worst damage was done by Leopold II the King of the Belgians with formation of Congo Free State. Kongo hasn't really come over from that Period. But that's a different topic. Like said many times already Kongo + Portugal would be a strong combo and nice addition even if released separately via DLC. :)

Top Bottom