New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Well, when I was a new person, I felt as though the old people were being elitist and exclusive when I would open up a newly started NES, only to find that the old people all had the good nations, and there was so much history to catch up on.
Well... I understand. But they were dying and starting up again so often that there weren't any new people to join. :p

Sorry. Maybe I just wish that everyone had the time I have. I sometimes wonder if everyone just does more stuff than me, or if they get bored of moderating quickly.

You probably have work ethic. Granted, for all the legendary Chinese work ethic, alex has never created a lasting NES. :mischief: :joke:

North King said:
You probably have work ethic. Granted, for all the legendary Chinese work ethic, alex has never created a lasting NES. :mischief: :joke:

The "legendary" Chinese work ethic has been obviously polluted by the corrupt decadent lazy work ethic of america in which i was born... ;) :joke:

Right, this is still work in progress. I need to place a ton of cities which is going to take close to forever I fear.

However, any comments on it so far? I realize there are many nations, but basically all of the African ones are rather backwards compared to the European.

Does it look interesting enough to continue working on it :)

Well, imageshack is causing problems, so I'll just have to attach it here.

EDIT: Attachment removed. Look below for latest map

Why does Russia own central america? :eek:

They don't. :mischief:

I did have a problem though. I coloured New Granada and the Central American Union the same by mistake though. It has been fixed in my version.

I see the point in the colours. Too close. I'll change one of them. Cheers for pointing it out :goodjob:

Right, colours fixed. Newest version attached :)

Attachments

• HQ3.png
    HQ3.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 103
I must say, I adore the thin borders. Thick borders make that map ugly, IMO.

No they don't. ;)

Work ethic is one of the most overrated concepts I've ever encountered. I scarcely have any, and yet...

Interesting map, Harl - that's for your Cromwell scenario, right?

das said:
Interesting map, Harl - that's for your Cromwell scenario, right?

Haven't gotten far on the Cromwell one yet. I can say that the year for this map is 1828.

There might still be a few border changes to make, but most should be fixed by now.
Some of the weirder events... well.... butterfly effect ;)

I basically have the rules for this ready and I'm working on the stats. If all go well, then I'll launch in about 3 weeks. I would do it sooner, but from June 19th to June 24th I might not have time for an update... and I'd hate to start and then postpone one update by a week after like... well... one week.

hmm hase anyone done a Ecnomic Point, Development Point System.
By that, Ecnomic Points would bost a stat temporarly, and maintain/grow and army. Developmental Points wouldpermintl incresse a stat, or incresse the amount of standing army a nation cna have without mantince.

has this been done befor? would anyone be inturested in a ness useing this systme? shoudl I flesh it out a bit more and show it to you?

TerrisH said:
flesh it out a bit more and show it to you?
That one. :)

Work is progressing nicely. Right now I'm working on stats and I've completed the European nations. As a little teaser I'll give you four nations for comparison. I'm open to suggestions and will happily explain what questions there might be... which most likely will be on the population thing I'm going to try out.

Spoiler France :

Ruler/player: Emperor Napoleon II
Government: Constitutional monarchy
Capital: Paris
Tech level: Early Industrial Age
Economy: Strong (+2)
Nation size: Large (4)
Population level: Large
Infantry (size/training): 300,000 (good)
Cavalry (size/training): 26,000 (good)
Navy (size/training): 16 ships (well trained)
Leadership (civil/military): Skilled/Good
Infrastructure: Efficient
Education: Educated
Living standards: Normal
Culture: Patriotic
Confidence: Admiring
Projects: -
Background:
With the end of the Napoleonic Wars France was spent. Its economy was in ruins and a large number of its population had died or been maimed in the wars. The years following were hard, but, somehow, the French endured. Forced to re-establish the Parliament, Napoleon still managed to reign more or less as he pleased as regent. Despite the damage done to France the people still adored him for saving them from their enemies in Europe. Now, his era is over as his son, Napoleon II, has come of age and taken control of the realm. Still, he is only 17 years old and relies heavily on the advice of his father. Will he follow the same course as his father or will he do something completely different?
France has now rebuilt and is still gaining strength causing many nations to worry that a new war will come soon. Time will tell.

Spoiler Prussia :

Ruler/player: King Fredrick Wilhelm II/
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Capital: Berlin
Economy: Strong (+2)
Nation size: Above medium (3)
Population level: Large
Infantry (size/training): 300,000 (Good)
Cavalry (size/training): 18,000 (Good)
Navy (size/training): 16 ships (Trained)
Leadership (civil/military): Skilled/Good
Infrastructure: Standard
Education: Literate
Culture: Patriotic
Confidence: Respecting
Background:
Prussia came out of the Napoleonic wars stronger than when they entered, though still weak in many areas. They became the strongest nation in Eastern Europe even though the Austrians might not agree with it. Many reforms have taken place since the war, but the main beneficiary has been the military. Prussia is still growing, and growing fast. Helped by a vast population despite the small size of the nation, they have become a force to be reckoned with. Casting greedy eyes on the Grand Duchy of Warsaw and mumbling about uniting all Germans, it is a power which can’t be overlooked.

Spoiler Russia :

Ruler/player: Zar Nicholas I
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Capital: St. Petersburg
Tech level: Post-Medieval Age
Economy: Above Average (+1)
Nation size: Gargantuan (6)
Population level: Vast
Infantry (size/training): 450,000 (Trained)
Cavalry (size/training): 28,000 (Trained)
Navy (size/training): 32 ships (Acceptable)
Leadership (civil/military): Barely Tolerable/Normal
Infrastructure: Pathetic
Education: Illiterate
Living standards: Very Low
Culture: Devoted
Background:
Russia is considered to be a massive sleeping bear and a largely unknown. The nation is still backwards and has massive problems, but no one denies their potential. The population is vast and the army is of equal size though poorly trained and led. If the Russians can get their act together and start modernizing the country it will be a power to be feared. Despite gaining territory during the Napoleonic wars, their most advanced regions were largely destroyed and Moscow itself put to the torch. Reconstruction has been slow and leading Russia to glory again will be a huge task.

Spoiler Denmark-Norway :

Ruler/player: King Christian VIII
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Capital: Copenhagen
Tech level: Early Industrial
Economy: Poor (0)
Nation size: Medium (2)
Population level: Average
Infantry (size/training): 80,000 (Trained)
Cavalry (size/training): 5,000 (Trained)
Navy (size/training): 20 ships (Good)
Leadership (civil/military): Competent/Normal
Infrastructure: Standard
Education: Educated
Background:
The Napoleonic Wars were a mixed cup of tea for Denmark. Two wars with England saw their navy lost and the nation thrust into the arms of Napoleon. Yet, it proved to be England who let the Danes retain some shroud of honour as they forced Sweden to accept the loss of Scania after the Danish army had captured it. The wars brutally crippled the Danish economy though and the nation was on the edge of bankruptcy in 1814. The nation has been rebuilding slowly since then, but it is a slow progress.

Spoiler Confederacy of the Netherlands and the Rhine :

Ruler/player: Elected Emperor William I
Government: Electory Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Capital: Amsterdam
Economy: Wealthy (+3)
Nation size: Above Medium (3)
Population level: Above Average
Infantry (size/training): 180,000 (Well Trained)
Cavalry (size/training): 15,000 (Trained)
Navy (size/training): 70 ships (Professional)
Leadership (civil/military): Skilled/Normal
Infrastructure: Efficient
Education: Well Educated
Living standards: Nice
Confidence: Admiring
Background:
The Confederation of the Rhine was created by the French and despite large internal differences, it has managed to survive. The lands were heavily devastated by the wars, but as trade started rolling in, it has had a remarkable recovery. All of the former nations send members to a parliament and despite having a king, the real power is in the hands of the First Consul who is elected by the provincial leaders of the old nations. The fact that the leader is elected for a period of 6 years has seen the wealth equally distributed and this has added an unexpected stability to the nation. The court was originally in Hanover, but with the increase in foreign trade it was soon moved to Amsterdam.

Would there be a space (currently) for a Ancient Mediteraenan NES? (around 210 BC)

I have an idea: what if in a NES you controlled just the army, while the NPC controlled the government? So you basically just fought and stuff?

Gelion said:
Would there be a space (currently) for a Ancient Mediteraenan NES? (around 210 BC)

Damn you! *shoots gelion* Traitorous dog! How dare you start an ancient era NES?

well you are having enough fun in Goobs game atm.... dont want to spoil that..... :mischief:

Top Bottom