[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

\O/ Yeah! Thats awesome, these Leaders are what I am waiting for. :goodjob: :rockon:

Anyway will this LHs be compatible with Mods like Wars of the Bronze Age? It looks to me, Firaxis/2K don't want total conversions like TAM or FFH, so I just wonder.

Anyway will this LHs be compatible with Mods like Wars of the Bronze Age?

I think they should be compatible with EVERY mods, simply because they are additional civs (i.e. these civs don't modify anything of vanilla CiV, apart adding themselves to the playable civ list)

Attachments

• civ_cb256.7z
    6 KB · Views: 82
Can't there be problems with the UB and UU if the MOD changes the original ones?

A MOD like Building made more fun changes and adds buildings and if some of the changed buildings is made into a UB for a civ what would happen?

Of course, if a mod is very invasive there is a risk.
But, imo, a mod should consider that people may add civs to the game. By far, it's the most likely thing that can happen :)

The only thing that is keeping me from downloading this mod is, that you have just copied other civs traits (except for the Gaul first half). I really don't like the fact that people do that.

Otherwise, I am bewhildered by the extremely good work. Any chance you could make the civ traits completely unique?

BTW, also, will it be possible at some point to have your leaders have their 2D screen without all leaders being 2D?

you have just copied other civs traits (except for the Gaul first half). I really don't like the fact that people do that

I agree with you , but ... believe me ... there are no chanches to introduce something different
At the current modding level, you may manage only existing XML tags, which are very limited both in number and effects.

When 2K produces new DLC civs, they add new tags that become available for modders. This way I could assign trait to Gauls only because it was released for Polynesia (Moai effect). Before that, you could not use it.

On the other hand, I'm looking at these civs as a separate universe to play among them. In fact I will reuse traits owned by civs far away from mediterranean ones. Yes, you may also play Japan and Britons together, as England and Britons together, but you well know that you are playing with duplicates.

2K said that "Civ 5 is the easier modificable game of ever"; for the moment, modders have a very limited amount of tools and items to work on, very-very-very limited compared to the Civ4 ones. Furthermore, if modders could produce for free civs with quality and features equal to 2K ones, how 2K could sell their costly DLCs? :)

BTW, also, will it be possible at some point to have your leaders have their 2D screen without all leaders being 2D?

Yes, if 2K ONE DAY will let it, or if someone, in the meantime, will realize what I wrote at the bottom of this post

Idea: Couldn't the Briton UA be +X food in each city? (Possible?)
I, at least, am appauled by the idea of making exact duplicates.

If the thing is so, I think the Gauls et cetera are okay, but please, please do not make exact duplicates. I would rather have you make modified duplicates (like with the Gauls) than exact duplicates.

Some UAs cannot be splitted or modified. Japan and Aztec ones, for example, are all-at-once UA. You cannot lower or raise their effects. Furthermore these UA are so strong that you should not add some more.
I simply decided that "bushido" UA would fit well for ancient Britons also, and there was nothing else I could do than assign it as a whole.

Whenever 2K guys decide to assign "more food in cities" UA to a (new) civ, they simply write the code to add such UA to CiV executable. Modders cannot do that. So I cannot add "food in cities" and whatever else you may invent.

As I said, there are very little space to add something new with the existing XML tags; nonetheless I'll try to be as more "creative" as possible, although I cannot do anything else apart to shuffle current UAs among them ;)

I would present the next two civs asking a help to check grammar mistakes in the introductory text. English isn't my first language and I will be grateful to whom will check the text below. Thanks ;)

I've planned to release new version in the weekend

EDIT: attachments removed

Great DOM pictures as previous. I'm impatient to see what gives the UU and UB of the Phoenician Empire, a maritime nation apparently. I have a question about it: how you customize the preferences of the leader(especially focus on maritime features)? You use the IA table already existing or you change something?

only grammar errors i found were some places where there should have been commas and one place where you didn't capitalize "Germanic", so overall, grammar's good.

Ambrox, if you're looking for Celtic settlements I recommend you to look at L'arbre celtique.

Also, in DoM screen "blessings of Baal" seems a little too bland ! It can use some more emphasizing like " blessings of the allmighty Lord Baal" or anything that can replace the adjective.

Edit : cities in Gaul

how you customize the preferences of the leader(especially focus on maritime features)? You use the IA table already existing or you change something?

I simply used the XML tags already present in the modificable code. Hopefully it should work, although I'm not very confident on that. For example, I set phoenicians starting location on the ocean, but in my test they often start in the mainland. I'm very disappointed of it, expecially because I set duel-pangea maps with no CS in my test. I think it should be easy enough for the AI to find a suitable coastal location in such situation, but it doesn't happen. The code is there; if it will work is a 2K matter...

only grammar errors i found were some places where there should have been commas and one place where you didn't capitalize "Germanic", so overall, grammar's good.

Thanks a lot! :goodjob:
I saw the "germanic" word and the "artistic," comma to remove. Where are the remaining incorrect commas?

Also, in DoM screen "blessings of Baal" seems a little too bland ! It can use some more emphasizing like " blessings of the allmighty Lord Baal" or anything that can replace the adjective.

Edit : cities in Gaul

Ok, I'll find a emphasized expression (although Baal already means Lord) :goodjob:

Thanks for the link also, although french isn't my language. However, at first glance, I notice the absence of the capital Bibracte in the city list, and it's strange enough. Do you agree?

For Gauls and Britons I copied/pasted a previous city list, without checking it. Your link will be useful for such task.
Instead for phoenicians I made a carefull research/selection of historical cities in order to assign them cities in the middle east area, and to assign to Chartage the (often phoenician founded) cities in the western mediterranean coast.
For germanic tribes I didn't found any reference to ancient cities; thus I ended to assign tribe names as city names after a carefully selection of tribes, letting off the scandinavian ones.

By the way of Chartage, I would assign queen Dido as leader. Unfortunately I haven't found yet a suitable model. Anyone helping me to catch it somewhere on the web is welcome (also body and head separately, as I did with Arminius). The same is true for middle-east leaders (assyrian/babylonian, hittite and median ones)

Furthermore any link to HD large pictures suitable for ancient leader background is welcome (in most cases I ended to use natural landscapes which are good for european/barbarian civs, not for civilized mideast civs)

For example, I set phoenicians starting location on the ocean, but in my test they often start in the mainland.

Did you also set regions to avoid?
Code:
<Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid>
<Row>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_XXXX</CivilizationType> 
<RegionType>REGION_GRASS</RegionType> 
</Row>
</Civilization_Start_Region_Avoid>
You can add several regions to avoid.

Top Bottom