worker hut pop %s

Do they ever get warriors spawned? I was always scared to risk an early settler (especially) or worker for fear of that happening.
Yes, actually all other things work, except when playing without barbs, then it's even better because it's 2 things that are impossible then.

What about the outcome of huts from cultural borders? I seem to be getting free techs more often by letting the cultural borders of my capital reach a nearby hut without visting it with a scout/warrior.

I usually play without huts but the lonely hearts club files had them. I think border pops never give barbs but I thought they were also less likely to give the best (tech) results, rather money. (The percentages also depend on the level)

I usually play without huts but the lonely hearts club files had them. I think border pops never give barbs but I thought they were also less likely to give the best (tech) results, rather money. (The percentages also depend on the level)
I've never heard that borderpops had a smaller chance for techs. My own chance to recieve techs from borderpopped huts is something like 1 in 3.

What about the outcome of huts from cultural borders? I seem to be getting free techs more often by letting the cultural borders of my capital reach a nearby hut without visting it with a scout/warrior.
I think borders popping huts cannot get barbs. Neither can they get healing or XP. That would explain the more frequent techs.

Yeah, my evidence is very anecdotal, so maybe techs are as frequent as gold with border pops. What about "map"? does this depend on how many tiles around the hut have been passed through? I do not remember but I think it is possible with border pops.

Anyway, I am undecided on events (I like the idea but most of them simply suck a little bit without game breaking) but I usually play without huts. I tend to cheat (= reload) if I get barbs and gold or tech can make the early game considerably easier (two times 40 gold means 100% research for many turns longer than usual).

Gold is still more likely than techs. You can find the exact percentages in the table here (goodies, close to the bottom):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10629596&postcount=13

It makes a random roll between all the options in the table. If it lands on an unavailable option (healing/XP for worker, or barbs with barbs turned off), it rerolls until it eventually finds an available option. I think the max amount of rolls is 5. If it fails to hit an available option in 5 rolls you get nothing.

Do they ever get warriors spawned? I was always scared to risk an early settler (especially) or worker for fear of that happening.

Oh my yes. I've actually had a worker spawn warriors from a hut that was on my border. I thought that was impossible, and it seems to be if you use a military unit, scout or explorer.

If you play with barbs on, barbs can spawn from huts. If you play without barbs on, barbs cannon spawn from huts, no matter what. The higher the level you play on, the greater are the chances of barb spawns from huts.

Barbs won't spawn from huts opened by scouts.

Top Bottom