national registry v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn you Europeans with your date abbreviations. :) I was wondering why you were putting 21/2/02 - there's not 21st MONTH.

Why must we Americans do things differently all the time? :crazyeye:

Well, Mr. Spice, Becka a I have been additions at least. Wow, there were so many here around December - it must have been really hopping then!

Has anyone heard how the MP version is going? How about the 'Poly version?

Perhaps we should try for a membership drive and put an announcement or start posting accounts in the other sections.

To tell the truth, I when I first saw "The Game of Democracy", I thought it was a whole different game - like the board game Diplomacy or something. I really didn't know it had anything to do with Civ. I only ended up looking in when I clicked it by accident. If we let others know that it's a version of a Civ2 game we may end up getting some others involved.

Ah well, it's a thought.

I´d like to move back to Unknown City, if you please. :) Also, you forgot to add Ren. I don´t believe he has choosen any home city yet, though.

Name: Adamsj
City: PDX
Function: None
Formor Function: None
Inofficial Function: None
Membership:None
Timezone: BST (+1hr to GMT)
Sex:Male

Originally posted by Kev
To tell the truth, I when I first saw "The Game of Democracy", I thought it was a whole different game - like the board game Diplomacy or something. I really didn't know it had anything to do with Civ. I only ended up looking in when I clicked it by accident. If we let others know that it's a version of a Civ2 game we may end up getting some others involved. Ah well, it's a thought.

It's a good thought (hi, President Kev :p ). I also, having just returned from an extended leave of abstinence :cool: didn't realize at first what this Game of Democracy was. I had to PM Duke of M to be enlightened. Even now, I'm trying to get a real feel for the organization of the game and am finding it hard to do so. Too many loose threads. :confused:

Would it be possible to radically alter the way the threads are organized? For instance, inside the Game of Democracy forum, there could be three or four sub-fora--say, 'History of United Fanatica,' 'The Present Day,' 'Census,' and 'Elections.' Maybe one meta-forum as 'Introduction to the concept' for newbies.

Then, inside these, someone could be in charge of generally organizatiopn--like an official 'Historian of the Realm,' for instance, to pull the different accounts of turns played into one semi-coherent narrative. Someone else, as the 'The Present Day' mod (this could be the current President or VP, I guess) would keep things generally organized in there. And so on.

I think this would make the game much more approachable to those interested in joining, and thus swell your ranks. Just a thought...

--GMB
P.S.: I'm sorry for posting this here... But I have no clue how to move it now. :rolleyes: But I guess it's appropriate, since my whole point is that I'm lost! Someone please feel free to put me in my proper place. :D

Oh, and here's my official registration:

Home city: Marl Downs
Current location: Downtown Duckpond

Current mandate:Edito-in-chief, The Fanatica Times
Previous mandate: none

Aspirations: Minister of Space Exploration (and then, my pretties, the sky shall be the limit for myself and 19,999 lucky young ladies... mwahahahahah!)

Hello, Mr. Bond!

Very glad, first of all, to see you posting in the forums again! You were missed.

Second of all, United Fanatica can use the help of someone with your Civ2 playing ability - not to mention creativity. You are quite welcome.

Somewhere in one of the stickies is the basic Constitution and concept of the game. Unfortunately, it has been more of a work-in-progrss for the most part. Additionally, a large exodus has occurred as players have left to start up a Civ2 Multiplayer as well as a Civ3 version of the game. Those of us left, however, still wish to see the game through.

With the lack of participants of very late, the last "election" process was more of a volunteer scenario. We should revisit the positions again, likely, at the beginning of each month.

For the time being, since you've expressed an interest in governorship, normally we have 3 governors while at the moment we have 2 (Dell and Mr. Spice). I am sure that we can split the cities up by a factor of 3 and put 1/3 of them in your capable hands (the ones near the English I guess :)).

Basically, it would involve downloading the game, checking out your cities, and then putting forth your decisions for build orders in the short term. Discussions may ensue, but unless there's a large disagreement the governors' decisions are carried forth for the most part.

If you have some questions, you can PM any of the main players who you see posting - including myself. If you wish to become a new governor and join the mighty "Inner Circle", just let us know.

Hope you see you here as a consistent poster!

Originally posted by Kev

For the time being, since you've expressed an interest in governorship, normally we have 3 governors while at the moment we have 2 (Dell and Mr. Spice). I am sure that we can split the cities up by a factor of 3 and put 1/3 of them in your capable hands (the ones near the English I guess :)).

I would be happy to transfer the province of Deimos into Bond´s control, if he wants it. :)

If it's okay with you guys, I'd rather be just a concerned citizen (and part-time newspaper tycoon :D ). My schedule's too full and erratic for me to actively participate in the government--but I'll certainly vote in the polls and lobby here and there. In a couple of weeks I may be able to get more involved, but not right now. Thanks for the offer though.

By the way, any chance you guys might be upgrading to Civ 3 anytime soon? ;)

Originally posted by goodbye_mr_bond
By the way, any chance you guys might be upgrading to Civ 3 anytime soon? ;)
There's already an ongoing Civ3 demo game in the Civ3 section. ;)

Originally posted by Knight-Dragon
There's already an ongoing Civ3 demo game in the Civ3 section. ;)

Yeah, he knows about it already. I told him the whole story behind the almost death of the Civ II Demo Game. :) For some reason he still chooses to hang around with us here. :p :D

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
Yeah, he knows about it already. I told him the whole story behind the almost death of the Civ II Demo Game. :) For some reason he still chooses to hang around with us here. :p :D
Just trying to be helpful. :)

Leowind feels restless once again. Earlier in his career his wanderings brought him to the shores of a fledgling but promising empire named United Fanatica. Having heard rumours that the mighty Hippo-his arch-nemesis from the infamous AZC-ZA wars--had reformed his ways and established a great city within this new kingdom, Leowind sought out Hippoville and settled there. Indeed all the promises and more of UA have been realized, and the empire stands poised on the brink of true greatness. Yet Leowind feels restless once again. The great Hippo has not been seen for centuries. The city feels ever more crowded. Not wishing to leave the splendor of UA, Leowind determines to take an extended vacation through the outlying cities, where fewer people live and nature lives right next door.
Ahh, joy upon discovering the little hamlet of St Leowind:love: Here at last is a village the wanderer can call home. He quickly settles in, gets to know the local population, and begins yet again a new life.

[Leowind has officially moved from Hippoville to St. Leowind]

Hello. I'm back here, looking for something to do... Do you guys need any maps? :cool: :scan:

You can make some maps if you want, but our empire has grown dramatically....

Originally posted by Juize
Hello. I'm back here, looking for something to do... Do you guys need any maps? :cool: :scan:

Welcome back! You will notice that quite a lot has changed, but only to the better.

Some maps would be nice. :) We are also in need of two more governors, for the province of Triton (former Chineese mainland) and the soon to be created province with the conquered Mongol cities.

Originally posted by Mr Spice
Also, you forgot to add Ren. I don´t believe he has choosen any home city yet, though.

Yes I chose Viroconium some time ago (when it was our only city on that island) ;)

Edit 1: And welcome back, Juizey!

Edit 2: Ahh, sorry Spice, now I see what you were talking about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom