Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

To attack is to take heavier casualties! To attack is to win earlier, perhaps, but not win with the least amount of our boys blood on the pikes of the enemy. If they attack us, we can encircle them... annihilate their forces, and then crush them under our troops when they have no army left.

Let us wait! It is the best way.

OOC: Is . . . WIM advocating war??

MY GOD, WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH WIM!?!?! :eek:

OOC: I know, right? Don't worry LH, I have taken his place as ignored pacifist. :p :OOC

It is clear bloodlust is clouding your vision and your judgment. There is no love in your heart. I pray you will realize it before the end.

Not to mention a desire for inferior French Land.

Look. We all like peace, love and dont want war. But France will attack us. We need to defend our nation.

I see very few who don't want war, and even fewer who want peace enough to stand up for it. And still I see no reasin why we will be attacked. The government has let France be. They have no reason to attack us, and we have no information indicateing that they will. All we have are the cries of those who wished to claim El Dorado, and the fears of those who presume our army cannot hold off a French attack. Nothing of Substance

Only that if we wait for them to attack, we will be destroyed.

Do I hear the sound of somebody who lacks faith that we can win an honourable fight? If we are attacked we can stop the attackers on the 'Border Defences' which I am certain the government will build, since to do so would be a dereliction of their duty. But I have yet to see any reason why we cannot hold these defences if we are attacked. Everybody seems to presume our Defenders will be routed in an instant if a war breaks out.

DT
Calling for Wisdom :rolleyes:

Not only that, my friend, they also think that any attack would instantly become any unopposed victory.

Warriors could upgrade to swords eventually, spears cannot. And spears are only marginally better than warriors.

Personally I would stick to warriors for now if/when we're going to train an army. :)

OOC: Actually, I would prefer a mix. Spears would be useful to have around just in case.

To attack is to take heavier casualties! To attack is to win earlier, perhaps, but not win with the least amount of our boys blood on the pikes of the enemy. If they attack us, we can encircle them... annihilate their forces, and then crush them under our troops when they have no army left.

Let us wait! It is the best way.

What our knife-holding....countryman is basically saying is that Japan is too weak to defeat France unless we bleed France dry at the cost of Japanese civilians. I for one don't want French troops in or close to our borders.

I see very few who don't want war, and even fewer who want peace enough to stand up for it. And still I see no reasin why we will be attacked. The government has let France be. They have no reason to attack us, and we have no information indicateing that they will. All we have are the cries of those who wished to claim El Dorado, and the fears of those who presume our army cannot hold off a French attack. Nothing of Substance

Note: I've been calling for a war with France before they even claimed El Dorado. This knife-holding countryman is one of those who subscribe to the theory that Japan shouldn't build a force capable of anything more than defense.

Do I hear the sound of somebody who lacks faith that we can win an honourable fight? If we are attacked we can stop the attackers on the 'Border Defences' which I am certain the government will build, since to do so would be a dereliction of their duty. But I have yet to see any reason why we cannot hold these defences if we are attacked. Everybody seems to presume our Defenders will be routed in an instant if a war breaks out.

Because an invasion is marked with the crossing of borders. The question is whether we want war on our soil and our people dying just because politicians are selling out the country and trying to appease the ones who have already insulted our honor and will gladly invade us since the Isolationists believed that a Self-Defense Force is all our honorable warriors are capable of. The Isolationists and pro-Appeasement people want nothing more than to wait until France kills our people first before screaming COUNTERATTACK.

What our knife-holding....countryman is basically saying is that Japan is too weak to defeat France unless we bleed France dry at the cost of Japanese civilians. I for one don't want French troops in or close to our borders.

I support a large military - I support an army that could potentially invade another, if pressed. I am not trying to be a pacifist, no-army coward here. I am trying to say what is best for our country.

Because an invasion is marked with the crossing of borders. The question is whether we want war on our soil and our people dying just because politicians are selling out the country and trying to appease the ones who have already insulted our honor and will gladly invade us since the Isolationists believed that a Self-Defense Force is all our honorable warriors are capable of. The Isolationists and pro-Appeasement people want nothing more than to wait until France kills our people first before screaming COUNTERATTACK.

They would not reach our civilians. They would be stopped cold at our borders.

I support a large military - I support an army that could potentially invade another, if pressed. I am not trying to be a pacifist, no-army coward here. I am trying to say what is best for our country.

They would not reach our civilians. They would be stopped cold at our borders.

I support having an army that will invade. I say, strike when we're ready. We shouldn't have to wait until the French are ready to do anything.

Note: I've been calling for a war with France before they even claimed El Dorado. This knife-holding countryman is one of those who subscribe to the theory that Japan shouldn't build a force capable of anything more than defense.

I never said our army should be incapable of attacking, I said our army has no need to be attacking. The fact that you called for war before there was any reason for war merely lessens my opinion of the Idea.

An Invasion is marked by the attempted crossing of our borders.

What insult to our honour? I know of no insult given to our honour. If you could produce evidence of such an insult, a war might be justified, but there has been no such insult. I do not speak of appeasement, merely of opening diplomatic relations. There is no appeasement in talking to them. I do not want to 'scream counterattack' but rather to not have to fight a war at all. Nobody has provided me a reason peaceful coexistence is not an option.

I personally disagree with the Name of the Army. It is an army and it should be described as an army. What the army should not be is employed without reason or morals. We have no reason to fight them, and they have no reason to fight us. Yet you would have our people die regardless.

DT
Demanding Reasons :rolleyes:

People of Japan
I make a call upon you all to search for enlightenment. We shall think about this and make our conclusions. These are mine:

Fellow immortal Sonereal deserves no more its immortality, for he has gone through highly dishonourable ways to try to defeat rival parties. He has recurred to directly threatening the Japanese people through his speeches in which he gives you two options: vote him or probably die. Furthermore, the despicable propaganda can easily be connected to Sonereal's speeches, thus meaning he has tried to collect supports through the creation of an aura of treason around fellow immortals. That cannot be accepted. His most despicable action, though, was to invent a threat from France and an aggression that never happened.

Because, dear people of Japan, all that France did is settle the most perfect spot to settle. True, it was our intention to settle there, but as it was perfect, it is logical and understandable that other countries wanted to settle there too. And the fact that France was the nearest country, makes obvious that it became French. That territory was never Japanese, and so we had no right upon it to now say that the French settlement is an aggression.

Nevertheless, now that France has ElDorado and lots of resources, it is of paramount importance to grow our Army (No Self-Defence Force, it's the Japanese Army, people, no matter what others may say) in order to be able to defend Japan and eventually attack nations that threaten our vital space. For the first purpose, a range of up to four tiles beyond our borders towards France would be watched by this grown Army. The Army would first wipe out barbarian encampments to acquire some experience first, and to befriend City-States that won't fell to any potential aggressor. For the second purpose, the growth of the army shall be enough.

Finally, I would like to remember that we have a settler to send somewhere, and while it hasn't founded a city yet it will be only a reminder of this, the conflict among the immortals for a settler that couldn't settle where we wanted to, and thus it should settle as soon as it is possible in a coastal location, With access to resources or at least to hills and production.

On other terms, we will research Iron Working to improve this military to further ensure that our country remains safe.
Don't let others tell you that the Isolationists let our country weaken, for they weren't there to propose other plans when they were required to. Don't let others tell that ours is an inferior nation, for WE are the nation of Swords, the nation of Honour. We are not a nation of bows and luck, that should be remembered, and we shall rise to stand there and become the reference for this World heading nowhere!!!

JoanK

Fellow immortal Sonereal deserves no more its immortality, for he has gone through highly dishonourable ways to try to defeat rival parties. He has recurred to directly threatening the Japanese people through his speeches in which he gives you two options: vote him or probably die.

JoanK, a member of the failed Isolationist Party and current government, is trying his best to distill the message to its basic molecules while ignoring the emergent property of the argument as a whole. I'm not saying vote me or probably die. I'm saying don't vote for people who are appeasing France and not putting Japan's best interests forward.

Furthermore, the despicable propaganda can easily be connected to Sonereal's speeches, thus meaning he has tried to collect supports through the creation of an aura of treason around fellow immortals. That cannot be accepted. His most despicable action, though, was to invent a threat from France and an aggression that never happened.

You are not my fellow Immortals because my "fellows" are made up of people with the diplomatic, economic, and military skill to lead Japan to greatness. My "fellows" are dishonorable, high and mighty Daimyos who easily forget that the needs of the many outweigh the morality of a few Immortals. As such, I request you retract your baseless accusations.

Because, dear people of Japan, all that France did is settle the most perfect spot to settle. True, it was our intention to settle there, but as it was perfect, it is logical and understandable that other countries wanted to settle there too. And the fact that France was the nearest country, makes obvious that it became French. That territory was never Japanese, and so we had no right upon it to now say that the French settlement is an aggression.

The Isolationist is at it again. The Isolationist is trying, once again, to argue against giving the people of Japan the tools they need to defend themselves until the enemy is marching onto us at the ready. The Isolationist says "oh, this is only about land". They don't care about the people of Japan as much as they care for the vote. After all, it's easier to argue for "no war" then it is to "war" because no one wants to see their sons, who volunteer for the military mind you, to march to war.

However, I can argue to security. I argue that France, a known militaristic power who has looked down at Japan and her military for years, is a threat and to let them attack so we can COUNTER and respond to them is irresponsible and cowardly.

Nevertheless, now that France has ElDorado and lots of resources, it is of paramount importance to grow our Army (No Self-Defence Force, it's the Japanese Army, people, no matter what others may say) in order to be able to defend Japan and eventually attack nations that threaten our vital space.

It is called the Japanese Self-Defense Force because the Isolationists are spineless until the opposition threatens to throw them out of office.

For the first purpose, a range of up to four tiles beyond our borders towards France would be watched by this grown Army. The Army would first wipe out barbarian encampments to acquire some experience first, and to befriend City-States that won't fell to any potential aggressor. For the second purpose, the growth of the army shall be enough.

We agree with the barbarian encampments and we agree to the idea of befriending city-states in the name of opening trade. HOWEVER, Isolationist, what happened to being isolated? Now you're trying to open up? Way to waffle, Isolationist. First, under pressure, you're forced to do a 180 on the JSDF policy and now you're doing a 180 on foreign policy. What's next?

As for the first part, we must prevent any French settlers from settling within the untamed regions. This is a requirement. Because of the Isolationist government's poor planning, when the French took El Dorado, we lacked a back up plan and wasted bureaucratic time.

Finally, I would like to remember that we have a settler to send somewhere, and while it hasn't founded a city yet it will be only a reminder of this, the conflict among the immortals for a settler that couldn't settle where we wanted to, and thus it should settle as soon as it is possible in a coastal location, With access to resources or at least to hills and production.

Agreed.

On other terms, we will research Iron Working to improve this military to further ensure that our country remains safe.

Agreed.

Don't let others tell you that the Isolationists let our country weaken, for they weren't there to propose other plans when they were required to.

Your leaders were too busy to install anti-democratic laws. The Isolationists, knowing they were going to fail on the foreign policy front, tried to distract the people with even more egregious laws. It is the duty of the ELECTED GOVERNMENT and its ministers to come up with a plan. If it was up to all the people, then why bother with a government when we can use direct democracy? The Isolationists were elected to administer and they failed and now they're trying to spread the blame because they know they did.

Don't let others tell that ours is an inferior nation, for WE are the nation of Swords, the nation of Honour. We are not a nation of bows and luck, that should be remembered, and we shall rise to stand there and become the reference for this World heading nowhere!!!

Then why does the Isolationists and Appeasement crowd insist on acting like we're inferior? Why do they insist in waiting until France reigns doom on our borders before finally doing something about it? Why are they waiting for the fight to come to our borders when we can prevent the fight anyway?

We have grand plans for Japan. Plans that will turn Japan into the military, economic, political, and cultural center of the entire continent. Why? Because we believe that Japan is the nation of opportunity and honor. When we see the French thumb their noses at us, we're not going to wait until they punch us in the nose. We're going to punch them first. We're not Isolationists and we're not going to pretend that we don't need a military until the opposition screams that will lack a military.

And we're not going to wait until the French come to our borders to use what the Isolationists created. The so-called Japanese Self-Defense Forces.

People of Japan. Let's get our house in order. Vote for the Coalition for Japanese Security and Prosperity this election. The stakes are too high to let mere Appeasement rule our foreign policy. Especially if the Isolationists and Appeasement crowd will Sacrifice Six to Become a God to you remaining Four because they think that, by using the corpses of four innocent dead Japanese as tools, they can whip up the remaining Four into an anti-French frenzy because they KNOW the war is coming one way or the other. Their entire plan hinges on France invading and why not? They already admitted that they're going to build up the military because they know France is aiming for us. The reason they're not attacking is because they're trying to delay the war as long as possible while they fill their treasuries with French goods, wear French clothes, and sleep with French whores. And when the war comes? They're going to use the blood of the innocent sacrificed to their French masters to whip the survivors up into a frenzy.

And as long as they're shouting COUNTERATTACK, they think Japan will love them.

Don't be tools to those willing to sacrifice Japanese for Appeasement.

Share in the spoils we will gain. Share in the prosperity we will gain. Share in the security Japan will share once the French Question is settled.

I would like the people of Japan to note that I have traveled far and wide, before settling here in the superior country of Japanese. I have seen these French, as well as many other nations. The French are a threat. Their entire purpose to life is to get drunk, do things to women, and conquer others while drunk, and conquer their women afterwards. Should we let them stick around is to resign to our fate as cowards and allow them to wipe us out.

Also DT, does a SELF DEFENSE FORCE sound like it is capable of counter attacking?

If we are going to keep a strong army around, and let it drain our coffers of money needed elsewhere, just to wait until France is completely ready to attack us, why not attack them first while they are NOT ready? If both of us are ready for war, that just means that many more people will die in the war. If only one of us is ready for war when war is declared, that nation will undoubtedly lose less men. Our plan is to make us that nation that loses less men.

JDP and Mercantilist

But you do endorse the the message behind the current title, correct? Which is to be nothing more than a defensive force?

I never said our army should be incapable of attacking, I said our army has no need to be attacking... What the army should not be is employed without reason or morals. We have no reason to fight them, and they have no reason to fight us.

I say that the army has no reason to attack France. In time there may be reason to attack other nations, and if a good reason is presented I shall support such an attack. You have presented no such reason for an attack on France.

DT

JoanK, a member of the failed Isolationist Party and current government, is trying his best to distill the message to its basic molecules while ignoring the emergent property of the argument as a whole. I'm not saying vote me or probably die. I'm saying don't vote for people who are appeasing France and not putting Japan's best interests forward.
We all do what we think is best for Japan. The ISO hasn't failed yet. And I did what you too did to the pacifists arguments. If you are still claiming that the rest are willing to Sacrifice six to become gods to four, I'll keep on saying that your options are to vote you or die.

You are not my fellow Immortals because my "fellows" are made up of people with the diplomatic, economic, and military skill to lead Japan to greatness. My "fellows" are dishonorable, high and mighty Daimyos who easily forget that the needs of the many outweigh the morality of a few Immortals. As such, I request you retract your baseless accusations.
We are all fellow immortals because we are immortals, despite some not deserving to be.

The Isolationist is at it again. The Isolationist is trying, once again, to argue against giving the people of Japan the tools they need to defend themselves until the enemy is marching onto us at the ready. The Isolationist says "oh, this is only about land". They don't care about the people of Japan as much as they care for the vote. After all, it's easier to argue for "no war" then it is to "war" because no one wants to see their sons, who volunteer for the military mind you, to march to war.

However, I can argue to security. I argue that France, a known militaristic power who has looked down at Japan and her military for years, is a threat and to let them attack so we can COUNTER and respond to them is irresponsible and cowardly.
How did you learn of French warmongerism? How can you know that the French will attack us? How can you tell that they won't attack the Iroquois first instead? It looks like we are all going to grow the Japanese Army, so that growth could scare potential invaders like these French you fear so much.

We agree with the barbarian encampments and we agree to the idea of befriending city-states in the name of opening trade. HOWEVER, Isolationist, what happened to being isolated? Now you're trying to open up? Way to waffle, Isolationist. First, under pressure, you're forced to do a 180 on the JSDF policy and now you're doing a 180 on foreign policy. What's next?
We are against cultural poisoning from other nations. That's why we want to Isolate ourselves. It's a policy known as Sakoku, and trade was just not explicit. But trade won't affect our culture if it is carried in the pseudo Japanese city of Copenhagen, because resources don't carry culture with them. We won't ally any cultural City-State.

As for the first part, we must prevent any French settlers from settling within the untamed regions. This is a requirement. Because of the Isolationist government's poor planning, when the French took El Dorado, we lacked a back up plan and wasted bureaucratic time.
That's true, we failed in giving a plan B to our settler, and French developments should be watched closely.

Your leaders were too busy to install anti-democratic laws. The Isolationists, knowing they were going to fail on the foreign policy front, tried to distract the people with even more egregious laws. It is the duty of the ELECTED GOVERNMENT and its ministers to come up with a plan. If it was up to all the people, then why bother with a government when we can use direct democracy? The Isolationists were elected to administer and they failed and now they're trying to spread the blame because they know they did.
Our government tried to create a consensus for we were at the beginning of history, and union was then more necessary than ever, so plans were announced so that there could be some feedback. The way that the elected government chose to rule the country was by implying the others in it. If you refused, you can't now blame the government.

Then why does the Isolationists and Appeasement crowd insist on acting like we're inferior? Why do they insist in waiting until France reigns doom on our borders before finally doing something about it? Why are they waiting for the fight to come to our borders when we can prevent the fight anyway?

We have grand plans for Japan. Plans that will turn Japan into the military, economic, political, and cultural center of the entire continent. Why? Because we believe that Japan is the nation of opportunity and honor. When we see the French thumb their noses at us, we're not going to wait until they punch us in the nose. We're going to punch them first. We're not Isolationists and we're not going to pretend that we don't need a military until the opposition screams that will lack a military.
It is dishonourable for a superior nation to attack an inferior nation without notice. it is even more when there is no real reason to do it. First we shall warn the French to stay away. If they refuse to listen, then war will be considered as an option. Not before.

And, as I said, we'd put the army to watch a wide zone before our borders, in order to impede them to reach our borders. If you once again refuse to listen to this proposition that implies a defensive stance with NO civilian losses, you will lose the little respect I still had for your person.

People of Japan. Let's get our house in order. Vote for the Coalition for Japanese Security and Prosperity this election. The stakes are too high to let mere Appeasement rule our foreign policy. Especially if the Isolationists and Appeasement crowd will Sacrifice Six to Become a God to you remaining Four because they think that, by using the corpses of four innocent dead Japanese as tools, they can whip up the remaining Four into an anti-French frenzy because they KNOW the war is coming one way or the other. Their entire plan hinges on France invading and why not? They already admitted that they're going to build up the military because they know France is aiming for us. The reason they're not attacking is because they're trying to delay the war as long as possible while they fill their treasuries with French goods, wear French clothes, and sleep with French whores. And when the war comes? They're going to use the blood of the innocent sacrificed to their French masters to whip the survivors up into a frenzy.

And as long as they're shouting COUNTERATTACK, they think Japan will love them.

Don't be tools to those willing to sacrifice Japanese for Appeasement.

Share in the spoils we will gain. Share in the prosperity we will gain. Share in the security Japan will share once the French Question is settled.
I already said why there will be no sacrifice of six. If you are once again insisting on this, I must recognise that you are skilled to mask the very same concepts behind many appearances, as it's more or less everything you have said up to now.

Well I'm jumping back in because of this.

I don't see you providing any alternatives, any other plans besides attack the French while they're unprepared.

You want to soil Japan's honor by attacking a peaceful nation. Arya wasn't born in this great Japan, she traveled the world, so her word shouldn't be regarded with as much respect as a true Japanese citizen.

It's not about me sacrificing Japanese, as I would not do so, I will simply just not send Japanese sons and fathers and brothers to die in a war that we started with no just cause.

Just because we preach of the threat the French pose, doesn't mean the people actually know. They would have to trust their government to take our words for it.

Our Japanese soldiers signed up in our great military to defend their homes, not to go pillaging others. The French are not inherently evil, and you will have the Japanese become monsters to prevent a future war. A future war that for all we know will not exist.

Going on the defensive is not a bad thing. With our armies stalling, we can evacuate regions, bolster manpower, and exterminate the French threat. The Frenchies will be slowed down by our strong cultural presence, allowing our units to outrun them. If we outrun them, we can kill them at will. Our archers will never be touched!

We can flank them with our units, wait for them to be in a terrible position, we can set soldiers in strategic locations.

If we wait for the French to start the war, not only will we have the defensive advantage, we'll have the moral advantage.

Your slogan "Sacrifice 6 to become a God to 4" is flawed. Because those 6 casualties are speculation. you do not know how many civilian casualties we would suffer, we would be able to evacuate regions.

You say we will sacrifice Japanese people, but you don't know for a fact many will die.

I however, can say with absolute certainty, if we start the war, we will lose many good Japanese.

Allow the French to attack us, weaken them in the neutral regions, defend hills, forests and rivers, block mountain passes and by the time they get close to population centers, we can simply finish them with our town's bombard.

The French only pose a threat if we attack them. We need better technology, and archers. If we have archers, we will negate any early attack!

It must be remembered that the other coalition had plenty of time to consult our plans and did not bring up the point that there was no back up plan for the settler.

You can't blame a mistake on one person, unless you had a plan to fix it. No one did. So everyone needs to just be quiet about that.

Not saying blame them, just not totally us :p

We all do what we think is best for Japan. The ISO hasn't failed yet. And I did what you too did to the pacifists arguments. If you are still claiming that the rest are willing to Sacrifice six to become gods to four, I'll keep on saying that your options are to vote you or die.

The Isolationists, despite their current failures, still don't think they've failed yet but because they know they will fail, added "yet" to the end of the line. The difference between my statement and yours is that a vote for the Appeasement Government is a vote to losing two children. One will be the child who is killed for no reason other than they were on the border that the government allowed the French to cross while the other child will die in the COUNTERATTACK.

How did you learn of French warmongerism? How can you know that the French will attack us? How can you tell that they won't attack the Iroquois first instead? It looks like we are all going to grow the Japanese Army, so that growth could scare potential invaders like these French you fear so much.

French expansion towards us and the creation of supply lines, coupled with our profiles on French leaders, has led us to come to the conclusion that Lyons is an extension of the French logistic train for the sole purpose of narrowing the neutral zone and providing a jumping point into the rest of the continent.

We are against cultural poisoning from other nations. That's why we want to Isolate ourselves. It's a policy known as Sakoku, and trade was just not explicit. But trade won't affect our culture if it is carried in the pseudo Japanese city of Copenhagen, because resources don't carry culture with them. We won't ally any cultural City-State.

We will ally a cultural city-state. Japanese culture will overwhelm any culture that we come into contact with and the idea of not spreading our culture far and wide is another point against the running tally of failure, neglect, appeasement, and borderline treason of the Isolationist government.

That's true, we failed in giving a plan B to our settler, and French developments should be watched closely.

Agreed.

Our government tried to create a consensus for we were at the beginning of history, and union was then more necessary than ever, so plans were announced so that there could be some feedback. The way that the elected government chose to rule the country was by implying the others in it. If you refused, you can't now blame the government.

The government clearly tried to use the myth of consensus in order to spread the blame for any failures incurred against it but to reap the glory should things go according to plan. Elected governments are elected to lead. They're not elected to run elections of what should be done. So yes, I can very much blame in on our spineless government.

It is dishonourable for a superior nation to attack an inferior nation without notice. it is even more when there is no real reason to do it. First we shall warn the French to stay away. If they refuse to listen, then war will be considered as an option. Not before.

It is dishonorable to allow the blood of the innocent Japanese to be spilled on our soil when we could prevent it. The French are without honor but we have honor. Because of this, they thumb their noses at us. They plan war on us. They laugh at us and prevent our settlers from peacefully settling a region set aside for them. The government failed to compensate the settlers for their wasted time (which our coalition will and then some).

And, as I said, we'd put the army to watch a wide zone before our borders, in order to impede them to reach our borders. If you once again refuse to listen to this proposition that implies a defensive stance with NO civilian losses, you will lose the little respect I still had for your person.

I am not going to listen to a coward and a liar who believes that a border conflict will not result in dead Japanese farmers and miners caught in the crossfire. The safest war is one carried far from our borders, not at our borders. The Isolationists continue to do Japan a great disservice with their lies and French pandering.

I already said why there will be no sacrifice of six. If you are once again insisting on this, I must recognise that you are skilled to mask the very same concepts behind many appearances, as it's more or less everything you have said up to now.

And I already pointed out that it is a lie to believe that a war fought on our border will not result in casualties. Instead of keeping the war contained just within French borders, the war will exist everywhere between our porous (because of the Isolationists SELF-Defense Force) borders and the borders of France. This will be highly damaging to trade which the Isolationists stupidly believes should only be carried out in one city, which highly limits trade and is the reason why the Isolationists fail on both the domestic and international front.

I don't see you providing any alternatives, any other plans besides attack them while they're unprepared.

We will not arrogantly start laying out detailed war plans in public. Only those within our administration will be privied to the war plans. Unlike the Isolationists, we do not believe in the ideas of direct democracy because we see it as a way of spreading the blame but reaping the glory which is highly dishonorable. Furthermore, there are those with ties to the French here and to present a plan in public would be disastrous.

You want to soil Japan's honor by attacking a peaceful nation. Arya wasn't born in this great Japan, she traveled the world, so her word shouldn't be regarded with as much respect as a true Japanese citizen.

France is not peaceful. Their intentions for Japan borders on tainting of our honor at best, destruction of our culture at worst.

It's not about me sacrificing Japanese, as I would not do so, I will simply just not send Japanese sons and fathers and brothers to die in a war that we started with no just cause.

The just cause is that we are protecting Japan's daughters, mothers, and sisters.

Just because we preach of the threat the French pose, doesn't mean the people actually know. They would have to trust their government to take our words for it.

Then how can they trust the Isolationists who in the past have intentionally left Japan weak, allowed France to besmirch our honor, has enacted ruinous trade policy which is crushing the average peasant, and increased the barriers to entry in the market by forcing trade to be carried out by a puppet state? While the Copenhagen get rich, despite being a conquered people, our merchants remain either destitute or, for the few lucky ones who have ties with Copenhagen, rich on the backs of the worker.

Our Japanese soldiers signed up in our great military to defend their homes, not to go pillaging others. The French are not inherently evil, and you will have the Japanese become monsters to prevent a future war. A future war that for all we know will not exist.

Our Japanese soldiers signed up to join a military, not the Self-Defense force. They will be protecting their love ones by quelling the French Threat to the East.

Going on the defensive is not a bad thing. With our armies stalling, we can evacuate regions, bolster manpower, and exterminate the French threat. The Frenchies will be slowed down by our strong cultural presence, allowing our units to outrun them. If we outrun them, we can kill them at will. Our archers will never be touched!

Going onto the defensive is dishonorable! You ask a Japanese soldier would they rather be on the backs fighting for survival or taking the fight to the enemy and I'm sure they'll tell you they would rather take the fight to the enemy. We shouldn't use our armies for STALLING and we shouldn't have to EVACUATE regions that shouldn't have came under threat in the first place. Hit and run tactics? Dishonorable.

If we wait for the French to start the war, not only will we have the defensive advantage, we'll have the moral advantage.

Sacrifice Six to Become a God to Four.

Your slogan "Sacrifice 6 to become a God to 4" is flawed. Because those 6 casualties are speculation. you do not know how many civilian casualties we would suffer, we would be able to evacuate regions.

I do know that, under my plan, we wouldn't need to evacuate a single Japanese region. Not one. Why? Because I"m not a coward who waits to respond to what a foreigner does. I don't wait for him to swing just so I can dodge if I can punch him first.

You say we will sacrifice Japanese people, but you don't know for a fact many will die.

"Oh yes, we both know that Japanese will die but we don't know the exaaacccct number."

I however, can say with absolute certainty, if we start the war, we will lose many good Japanese.

I do believe our soldiers would rather fight winning a war against the monstrous France instead of waiting for the French are within rapier distance of their daughters and sisters.
Allow the French to attack us, weaken them in the neutral regions, defend hills, forests and rivers, block mountain passes and by the time they get close to population centers, we can simply finish them with our town's bombard.

BY THE TIME THEY GET CLOSE TO POPULATION CENTERS? That means the Appeasement crowd not only plans on letting the war hit the border region, they're prepared to let it get close to the cities, allowing untold destruction of the countryside infrastructure such as mines, farms, and more.

Under my plan, Japan will not need to evacuate a single region in the face of invasion. We will not be on the defensive. We will not be doing simple stalling operations. We will not have to wait until our cities are threatened to shout COUNTERATTACK.

It must be remembered that the other coalition had plenty of time to consult our plans and did not bring up the point that there was no back up plan for the settler.

You can't blame a mistake on one person, unless you had a plan to fix it. No one did. So everyone needs to just be quiet about that.

If the government was competent, it wouldn't need to ask people what to do. It was elected to lead, not to look dumb and ask "This looks good, right?"

The only reason the Isolationist government did that was so that it could spread the blame when things go wrong but reap the glory if things went right.

Top Bottom