After years of playing, what new things have you found in Civ 4?

OT; Didn't you just realize that settlers can't cross your borders fm a previous thread? That's something isn't it :mischief:.
Oh, that's right. I did. I stand corrected. I did learn something.
Holy cows, talk about persistency. I don't think the average couple is that resilient in modern standards, since people are more egocentric and egotistical.
I'm female, silly, and I'm 43 years old. I've been living with myself for 43 years. That's how I know so much about women, not by living with one for 43 years. :lol:

I only recently discovered that an airport in a city allows any number of units to be airlifted in (limited to the number of airports in your other cities since each airport can only send one unit per turn).

They can?!! Holy Para-drop Batman! time to have some fun. My thx, as I didn't know this.
(wow <shakes head> just wow, time for a V8 smack).

I only recently discovered that an airport in a city allows any number of units to be airlifted in (limited to the number of airports in your other cities since each airport can only send one unit per turn).

Wow, I did not know that. That knowledge will come in handy, thanks!

I've discovered that a city with an Airport can receive multiple airlifts per turn. Not sure how many airlifts is the limit. Maybe it's unlimited. However, it doesn't seem to have been documented in Civilopedia which only states that a city with an Airport can airlift an unit per turn and support +4 additional air units.

That scouts can't attack cities. I had one next to an undefended city, but it wouldn't let me take it.

That the maximum number of hammers a GE can give is proportional to the size of the city he/she is in, not the population of the empire.

Just yesterday, I learned there's a way to make all of your cities build the same thing. However, I don't know the actual command; I was punch-drunk and misclicked and suddenly all 30 of my cities were producing explorers. That was annoying. :blush:
You must have Ctrl-clicked one of your cities, it allows you to select all cities from the same continent at once. Very practical for military waypoints, very situational for building stuff.

Waypoints? Are they something that you can do in Age of Empires - define a point where newly produced units automatically move? If so, that would be one of the most useful technical features to learn. It would certainly save hell of a lot time and keeps the focus on the big picture.

Waypoints? Are they something that you can do in Age of Empires - define a point where newly produced units automatically move? If so, that would be one of the most useful technical features to learn. It would certainly save hell of a lot time and keeps the focus on the big picture.
Indeed thats what it is.
Just select a city on the map by clicking its city bar (don't go into the city screen!), and then shift click on the tile of your choice to set the cities waypoint, it will appear as a yellow circle.
As has already been mentioned this can also be done for multiple cities, which can be selected by continent, by all (alt click or cntrl click do these but I never remember which way round), or by shift clicking multiple city bars.

How do you shut it off? ;)

How do you shut it off? ;)

Just a guess, but do the same thing you did to turn it on and select the city square itself as the 'waypoint'. Probably a better way though. This would have to be done one city at a time.

Just a guess, but do the same thing you did to turn it on and select the city square itself as the 'waypoint'. Probably a better way though. This would have to be done one city at a time.
This, except it doesn't need to be done for every city. Just set the rally to one of the selected cities and they all vanish.

Yeah, anything that can save a few seconds when playing MP will be appreciated by myself and those I play with.
You have to make up for those seconds lost because of the broken group selection issues.

I just found out that you can't build the United Nations if Diplo victory is off. This was annoying because I created a game specifically to play with UN resolutions but without having the game end due to someone being elected as the "winner", so I turned Diplo off. I beelined to Mass Media and then found out I couldn't even build the UN! Lame.

I wonder, if I went into WorldBuilder and added the UN to one of my cities, would I be able to have elections? Or do the elections not work at all if Diplo is off? I feel like you should still be able to vote on things like nuclear proliferation and certain civics and stuff even if Diplo is off...

Yes, it's a bummer that they decided that turning off diplo victory also eliminated the AP and UN. It also would have been nice if you could turn off the AP without turning off the UN (and vice-versa).

Top Bottom