CIV players, please be aware of this awesome graphics pack!

Seraiel

If you want anything from I please ask in German
Many of you will know 'Blue Marble' already, but there's another graphics package out there, that imho even looks better:

Spoiler :

The mod to this is Vincentz's Infinite Project or shortly VIP.

However, you get the graphics only package here!

If the mod looks somehow strangely bright on your computer, this might be because you play with the grid enabled. If you don't like this feature, which is there to easier differentiate between the tiles, you can download a non-modified grid-version here.

Have fun :)

I downloaded both the terrain and the grid zips. The terrain zip contains Art and an ini. I presume that I can install the Art in Custom Assets and just ignore the ini. However, the grid zip is all dds files. Where do I install those?

I downloaded both the terrain and the grid zips. The terrain zip contains Art and an ini. I presume that I can install the Art in Custom Assets and just ignore the ini. However, the grid zip is all dds files. Where do I install those?

Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures

What are custom assets? I simply copied the folders in c:\civ4\beyond the sword\assets\...

Dont do that ;) You'll overwrite original files (though in this case, you are pretty lucky, as the original files are packed in the Assets.fpk files in vanilla civ.).

My recommendations is to either (if only playing vanilla) load it as a mod, or if playing a mod, place it in the mods folder (beyond the sword\mods\[mods name]\assets\... )

Btw. I'm gonna reupload files with the fixed Grid files, in the near future. Originally I was lazy doing the grid files, as I never play with them on ;)

What are custom assets? I simply copied the folders in c:\civ4\beyond the sword\assets\...

Thanks. I installed it in CustomAssets. I'll see if it works when I next open CIV.

CustomAssets is a folder in your Documents/BTS folder. When CIV (vanilla, BTS, whatever) opens, it looks in the CustomAssets folder. Anything that it finds there overrides whatever would have been installed otherwise. It mods the game in memory only, so the saves are not affected. You original files are not changed. Not all modifications will work but most that are changes to files in the game's Assets folder will work. Changes there conflict with most mods, so most mod ini files are set to not load CustomAssets. I use it to customize my game. For example, I have BUG installed there, Global Warming shut off, Manhattan Project set to be unbuildable, and one or two other minor changes… and now VIP Terrain installed (although not checked yet if it works there). Blue Marble worked fine, so I guess VIP Terrain will too. I hated Blue Marble and removed it. I hope I like VIP Terrain!

The two images in Spoilers isn't showing for me, nor on the link to the one without the grid.
The grid link image works.

The 2 images in the spoiler are attachements on Civfanatics, the one about the grid is hosted on Imgur, so it's probably a Civfanatics.com problem or one of your browser options or virus-scanner is in conflict with attachements.

If you do so, please keep the un-modified grid-water and also take it for the non-grid version :) . The water is very bright, and the nuance darker imho makes it better :) .

That's some sweet looking terrain! :eek:

@ vincentz:

Is it possible that you maybe make the Railroads darker, so that one can easier distinguish them from the terrain? They must not get too dark because then, one would think it's a road, but currently, they're really very hard to see.

Same with Corn on grassland. Don't know, either the Corn must be darker to stand out, or the Grassland should be slightly adjusted. No big deal actually because when searching resources, everybody will have turned the bubbles on anyhow, but I played several hours with your terrain, and these are the two things that occured to me.

Other than that, really amazing GFX-pack. Bye bye Blue Marble. Maybe even BAT should integrate it.

[EDIT]

Maybe making the railroads brighter would even work better, because then, dark are roads and bright are railoads, so very easy distiniguishable. Slightly unrealistic, but as long as they aren't red or in any other completely exotic color, who cares.

Other than that, really amazing GFX-pack. Bye bye Blue Marble. Maybe even BAT should integrate it.
Being tested as I write this. :p

Look for it soon as an alternate to Blue Marble. The BAT installer will allow the user to choose which terrain to install. :)

Will installing graphic pack mess with the game like "mods" do. In another words, will it prevent me from playing MP or PBEM with others?

Top Bottom