after big windows 10 upodate no steam

jozef57

Warlord
after i installed the big wind 10 update, steam can not be launched, after the download server problems yesterday, now this. it is super anoying. sadness about the day civ went to steam pfff

after some tweching steam works now. but cannot open it as administrator wihich is absolutely nececary to overcome all the bug and problems in my civ 5 with all addons. need every time to check game cash 5 time as admin to stop it from freezing en crashing. this is realy :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) again. someone any idear?

I have a similar problem. The game works fine unless I try and load a saved game. It then crashes with a runtime error. Tried everything without success. It is definitely a Win 10 issue as, when I go back to my old win 7 pc, I can load games just fine.

No help from Steam support. Kind of kills my interest in playing civ 5. Was going to pre-order civ 6 but not going to do so now. If they are having troubles with Win 10 with Civ 5 what is going to happen with the new engine in civ 6?

i recently got a new game computer huge video card i can play gta 5 and other big games and i can play civ 5 withouth problems..

However i currently face problems with civ 5 i dont know what. I thinx it has to do wth windows 10 update..

I can play civ 5 but its much slower the normal it olso lacks a lot it suddenly freese for a few seconds every 5 minutes dont kow what going on there..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I too am running Win10-updated. I seem to be able to run a Mod game with the Editor Mod ONLY. As soon as I add another mod my game freezes on start. setups with multiple Mods used to work. I have already uninstalled the game in Windows and reinstalled via steam- I also took the prior steps of removing all of my subscriptions and deleted all mod maps etc from my files prior to doing so. I figured a clean new install would help- but nah.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I too am running Win10-updated. I seem to be able to run a Mod game with the Editor Mod ONLY. As soon as I add another mod my game freezes on start. setups with multiple Mods used to work. I have already uninstalled the game in Windows and reinstalled via steam- I also took the prior steps of removing all of my subscriptions and deleted all mod maps etc from my files prior to doing so. I figured a clean new install would help- but nah.

Did you noticed lags? So someties the game will load a few seconds and sound stops. bassicly stoping for a second

By the way i recently played civ 5 for 2 hours withouth crash i run steam as adminstrator and run civ 5 as adminstrator and on windows 8 combability. No crashes but still lags and few seconds the game stops and then i can continue.. Thats still there but hey no more crashes

Did you noticed lags? So someties the game will load a few seconds and sound stops. bassicly stoping for a second

By the way i recently played civ 5 for 2 hours withouth crash i run steam as adminstrator and run civ 5 as adminstrator and on windows 8 combability. No crashes but still lags and few seconds the game stops and then i can continue.. Thats still there but hey no more crashes

I wish it were a lag. It just freezes to the point I have to reboot the laptop. Even the task manager seems frozen (unresponsive). But you did give me an idea to try a different mode....:goodjob: Also- I AM able to play normally with the editor mod working just fine. I just can't run any other Mod or any second Mod with it. Weird.

I wish it were a lag. It just freezes to the point I have to reboot the laptop. Even the task manager seems frozen (unresponsive). But you did give me an idea to try a different mode....:goodjob: Also- I AM able to play normally with the editor mod working just fine. I just can't run any other Mod or any second Mod with it. Weird.

Thats exactly the same problem i have you have to use the windows key to return to windows and restart the computer because task manager doesnt work.

.. I will try to play civ 5 today for a few hours.. TO see if it fixed the problem because i've had situations where i thought i had the solution but only to see civ 5 crash again..

Could you tell me if it worked for you?

My laptop autoupdated Windows 10, and now STeam runs, but Civ 5 won't launch.

Choosing Direct X 9, 10/11, or Wi9ndows 8 all go nowhere. Nothing happens. Anyone else face this problem?

I'm having a problem with Win 10. My game worked for months with Win 10 then started crashing. Not good! I'm still trying to fix the problem. I reinstalled Steam and CIV V with Both upgrades (G&K's and BNW) The game will play for a while then crash. Have tried compatibility settings including Win XP ser. pk. 3 Compatibility mode. No joy yet.

Top Bottom