Keep having to kick other players to resume the game

Kornephoros

Chieftain
Hi all, its my first time posting here, so I apologize if this has been answered before. I've seen similar threads, but none that fixed the issue I'm experiencing.

I consistently play multiplayer games of Civ 5 G&K / BNW with two other people; one of which I live with (and we're on the same internal network), the other of which is remote. We typically play a game over a week or two, so we save our progress for one night and come back to it.

Resuming a game consistently puts it into a weird state. Neither myself nor my roommate can move, and our remote friend can take his turn like normal. When he finishes his turn, nothing happens. In order to continue the game, I must kick the remote player from the game. After that, my roommate and I can take our turns as normal, and we then have to complete this turn before our friend can be invited back to the game.

This results in our friend losing a turn, as the AI takes it for him before he's reinvited, and the AI usually screwing up whatever plot he had.

Once he is finally in again, we usually have resyncs at the end of turn for 1 or 2 turns.

Has anyone else experienced this? My remote friend thinks that it might have something to do with the fact that my roommate and I are on the same network, however, I can't think of a way to really test this, and if that is the case, I don't know how to fix it.

Thank you in advance!

this might be the "timer freeze bug" it's never a good idea to play with a timer and no pitboss

the way u fix it is by one player leaving and rejoining but the ai wil screw that over if u don't have pitbossso why would u not play with pitboss ?

Playing with Pitboss enabled is an option, but its definitely not a fix. Its a workaround.

We don't play with a Turn Timer, so perhaps this is a different issue than what you mentioned.

Top Bottom