Quick Questions and Answers

Is it possible to buy single tiles from another civ or city-state? Or can you only buy unoccupied tiles?

I can't seem to find any healing option, my B2 health is critical, but when is my turn there is no "fortify until healed" option.

Hit spacebar (do nothing). I just tested it out with a jet fighter (which has no fortify until healed option) and it worked fine.

Can you have different units on a carrier? I ask because last night I had my atomic bomb-loaded carrier running around the sea, and I built a normal bomber to add to the carrier but it would not load no matter what I did.

Hit spacebar (do nothing). I just tested it out with a jet fighter (which has no fortify until healed option) and it worked fine.
Is that a bug? It doesn't sound to me like it was intended...

Is it possible to buy single tiles from another civ or city-state? Or can you only buy unoccupied tiles?

Only unoccupied tiles.

Can you have different units on a carrier? I ask because last night I had my atomic bomb-loaded carrier running around the sea, and I built a normal bomber to add to the carrier but it would not load no matter what I did.

Only fighters can rebase to a carrier, not bomber planes.

Question,

Have you ever seen a city-state gift a naval unit?

This has been bugging me. What is babylon's UA, and UU/UB? I keep hearing talk about it, I didn't want to spend 10 bucks at the time for them.

Also, is there a place that actually lists all the traits/UBs/UUs that isn't as clunky as the Civilopedia?

This has been bugging me. What is babylon's UA, and UU/UB? I keep hearing talk about it, I didn't want to spend 10 bucks at the time for them.

Also, is there a place that actually lists all the traits/UBs/UUs that isn't as clunky as the Civilopedia?

There is a sticky in this forum that lists the features of Civ5. Information on units, buildings, and leader abilities is listed there.

Edit: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372188

Babylon gets a free Great Scientist when they discover Writing and they recieve Great Scientists at double the rate of normal civs. I can't remember their UU/UB at the top of my head.

There's a sticky somewhere with the stuff in it ("Info Center" I believe). If you're looking for something "less clunky", as you put it, I believe a wiki might be the answer. I think there's 2-3 Civilization wikis out there.

Is there any way to see a breakdown of your relationship with other nations? Civ 4 gave me (and everyone else...) a convenient breakdown of why I pissed off/appeased them.

I can't for the life of me find this in Civ 5...

Is there any way to see a breakdown of your relationship with other nations? Civ 4 gave me (and everyone else...) a convenient breakdown of why I pissed off/appeased them.

I can't for the life of me find this in Civ 5...

There are no visible +'s and -'s for diplomacy in Civ V.

I've honestly searched for the last hour trying to find this answer, figuring it'd be easy. No joy in Mudville.

Anyway, can someone please tell me how to load a map built in the World Builder into Civ 5?

I'm playing Greece and just built a Companion cavalry. I moved the unit out of the city and attempted to buy another. However, the companion cavalry is grayed out and says, "1 horses needed to buy this unit."
What? I have horses. In the city area. Being worked by a citizen.
What's up?

I'm playing Greece and just built a Companion cavalry. I moved the unit out of the city and attempted to buy another. However, the companion cavalry is grayed out and says, "1 horses needed to buy this unit."
What's up?

That is because your previously built Cavalry are using those horses. In order to build a greater quantity of Cavalry units, you will need to find and capture more horses. :)

What's up?

You can only build a certain amount of units that require a strategic resource.

That is because your previously built Cavalry are using those horses. In order to build a greater quantity of Cavalry units, you will need to find and capture more horses. :)

Thanks for answering.
So what's the limit? One horse unit per horses pastured on the map?

Thanks for answering.
So what's the limit? One horse unit per horses pastured on the map?

If you look at the horses on the map there should be 2-4 of them. You can see your total supply of hourse at the top of the screen and if you mouseover it, it shows how many you're currently using.

Top Bottom