Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.1

Mr. Do

Emperor
Moderator Action: Newer version available
Download for updated 2.5 version can be found here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/warhammer-fantasy-mod-2-5.197452/

At long last I am proud to announce the release of the Warhammer Fantasy Mod version 2.1!

You may download it here:
http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/modpack/WH2.11.exe

http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/modpack/WH2.20.rar

EDIT: If you didn't install 2.19 you need this one too:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/WH2.20resources.zip
Unzip to C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III

And look: added advisors! These are optional, of course...
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Update2gen_adv.zip

Released: 08Sep05
Requirments: Latest versions of Civ 3: Conquests and WH Mod up to 2.02
Disk space: Up to 200MB free

In the darkest forests across the land, evil creatures stir, amassing into great hordes, ready to strike out against the so-called civilized nations. Meanwhile, the underempire of the Skaven begins to surface, with more and more incursions against any and all that they encounter. The Ogres' wanderlust burns and they too travel out across the world, leaving a path of destruction in their wake- for the highest bidder. Huge armies of skeletal warriors, supported by all manner of constructs and beasts rise from their not-so-eternal slumber and ready themselves for war. And in the East, the forges and factories of the renegade Dwarfs churn out tonnes of pollution as they drive their thousands of slaves to create horrific weapons of war.

But all is not lost: the Elves of Athel Loren rally around the Oak of Ages for the great hunt against the Beasts of Chaos, with aid from their spirit allies, while their neighbours in Bretonnia follow these efforts and ready themselves for massed battles. The greatest Elven sorcerors of the White Tower see these dire protents and prepare for a great war. Even the Dwarfs in their mountain holds do their share, with the rangers on hand to protect the innocent. The Amazonian Sisterhood too gather their warriors to aid the battle, but their ways are mysterious and they will act only as their Serpent Priestesses command.

It will be a time of great suffering, but only for the weak! It is time to choose a side...

For the uninitiated, to play this mod you will need the latest patched version of Civ 3: Conquests, and the previous versions of the WH Mod from 2.0 onwards, 2.02:

WH Mod 2.0

2.02 Patch

So, if you've got them you can install the mod! Be careful to install it in the right place, so when the installer window comes up don't just click okay, actually click the "find directory" button and select your main Civ 3 folder. If you get this bit wrong don't come reporting bugs to me, or I will laugh at you ;)

Anyway, here's what to expect in the patch:
-New resources: Beastmen and Ogres
-New Civilization: Chaos Dwarves
-New and modified techs
-Well over a hundred new and updated units, including lines for the Undead, Beastmen, Ogres, Dwarfs, Elves and Orcs
-The Skaven make their debut as Barbarians, and you will not be disappointed with how they work (Or your money back)!
-New Wonders and Improvements
-a tweaked version for more balanced (But not necessarily better) gameplay
-and too much to list here!

NB this mod is not 100% playtested, so please report any bugs. Hopefully I'll be able to release a simple patch if necessary to fix any minor problems. I've also made a lot of changes, so if some things are different don't start writing that confused message so quickly. For example you might think, "Why do the Norse have access to Marauder Horsemen now?" But that's intentional ;)

Many thanks to the following people:
embryodead - I just wish I could have gotten some more advice from you about the mod in the last year. I hope this expansion lives up to the high standards you've set.
aaglo - you've got to have provided well over half the new unit graphics for this update, this mod would be a shadow of itself without your many contributions, and not only with graphics!
mrtn - for lots of general support and ideas, and continuing the updates!
And also to these guys who contributed in one way or another:
Tyrion
drzoidberg
Scytale
LizardmenRule!
CyberChrist
Frostryboy
fe3333au
Disenfrancised
yoda power
Hikaro Takayama

I've probably forgot a few, but thanks to all who have contributed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Supa said:
A little background info for the few that haven't followed the WIP thread ? ;)
What it is, an upgrade or a full mod ? What's new ?

I could have put together a full blurb on it, but I decided not to make everyone wait yet another hour. I hope my edits satisfy you :p

It does not install. :(

I am installing it here:
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III

Then it says it cannot be installed becuase:
Conquests\Net Art\flics\RamsesA2.flc: This file contains invalid data. (error 21F)

Shame, I have the same problem as Emperor Martyn... (except that error is 21FC).

@Mr.Do, did you try to execute that file before you uploaded it (the error might have happened during the uploading...)?

I'm always honoured to be on a credit list:hatsoff:. But did I do anything to help this release? I don't recall helping you in any way :crazyeye:

Damnit, I should have known this would happen. I couldn't try running the file myself, I had to go to a local internet cafe and pay to upload it there in the first place. I'll upload a small update for it, let me know if it fixes the problem :(

K, try using the update I've put in the first place.

Also you helped in your own special way yoda, I did look through the discussion thread and didn't see much contribution from you, but you helped in your own "special" way :p

@mr.do,
the problem isn't in the biq-file. It's in the exe-file. It won't install the update. which is quite a big problem (for me). Or did anyone else download the file succesfully?

Ok, now I'm downloading the exe again to see if there was just some other hickup included while downloading.

I won't get another chance to attempt to upload this until Tuesday now. Sorry.

I think I'd have had more luck trying to make this program with a stick of clay and a crowbar. Anything better than a goddamn computer.

Well in that case I will be delighted to keep helping in my own special way:D

Well, doesn't that mean that you'd have some extra time to add the templeship (and possibly the new macaw galley too ;) :p )

And don't be sad about it. To err is human - especially when computers are involved ;) .

I don't think I will have time to add the Templeship. I might, might not. It's not a major issue though...

You're bugging the hell out of me? How about we bug the hell out of each other: make a "proper" Dark Elf assassin so I can make their current assassian into a "Hasharin" or something for Araby (It mentions the land of the assassins in their civilopedia for crimmeney's sake!), which will then annoy me as I'll have to go and add stealth attacks for it to everything...

Ah, too bad that there seems to be a spanner in the works... :(

The first post mentions patch 2.01, but that was supplanted by 2.02, so only 2.0 and 2.02 should be needed. Also, the link to the 2.02 patch is called 2.01. :crazyeye:

Looking forward to take this through the Mrtn Bug Finder, expect a bunch of small bugs found. ;)

Wootage - looking forward to having a go at this. Cheers Mr Do and all those involved.

Top Bottom