getting/keeping the AI's at war

IronJeff

War Dog
Maybe this is too simple of a question, but how do you get the AI's to war amongst themselves? Particularly before you have the diplomatic ability to form alliances.

I need to learn how to better finesse this aspect of the game.

I don't know of any way to get them to go to war without the ability to make alliances. You can maybe try to keep a weak civ going by gifting them things.

I am thinking of maybe a lux to help with WW and save them money. Gold gifts.

The one thing that may lead to a war is to have captured a town and gift it to some civ that has an aggressive stance or been at war with the prior owner.

vmxa said:
I don't know of any way to get them to go to war without the ability to make alliances. You can maybe try to keep a weak civ going by gifting them things.

I am thinking of maybe a lux to help with WW and save them money. Gold gifts.

The one thing that may lead to a war is to have captured a town and gift it to some civ that has an aggressive stance or been at war with the prior owner.

This has bit me in the @$$ before. I was gifting horses to the Iroquois to help in their fight against the Aztecs. They were eliminated by them and then my trading rep was busted.

Yes if you give them and per turn stuff you best be sure they are not going up in flames. I would mainly give cash, towns and techs. No resources or lux if they were looking bad.

Giving them a resource for 1 gpt would eliminate that risk? If they can pay 1 gpt.

Top Bottom