Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

I think the only difference with Complete (I've installed a "backup" game of civ ;)) folder structure is that instead of:
..\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III

It's

\Fireaxis Games\Civilization III Complete

If you're getting an error with a herdstone then you've just put the scenario in the wrong folder. As other people have said, this mod works with Complete.

Remember that the RAR file has to be unpacked directly into Conquests/Scenarios folder, not to its own folder, "WH2" folder or anything like it. This is the most common mistake people make that stops the mod from working.

If you're getting an error with a herdstone then you've just put the scenario in the wrong folder. As other people have said, this mod works with Complete.

Remember that the RAR file has to be unpacked directly into Conquests/Scenarios folder, not to its own folder, "WH2" folder or anything like it. This is the most common mistake people make that stops the mod from working.

That did it (I think, at least it starts now). So indeed I did screw up while installing it.
Thank you! :goodjob:

Not to be smug or anything, but you'd think that
Extract it to your Conquests\Scenarios folder. For most people, this is located in
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios
Note that some rar-extractors want to add the filename (i e WH2.5) to the extract path, so you may have to remove "WH2.5" from the path name to get it right.
from the first post in this thread would help. Thanks to embryodead for reitterating. :)

Maybe I should include something about Complete in the instructions, though? :hmm:

Setup: small map, pangea, 60% water, cool, wet, 4billion), sedentary barbs
AI: Naggaroth, Skaven, BoC, HoC, Bretonnia, Cathay, Tilea
Player: Reikland

- victory point scoring, domination, quest victory.

I`ve started defensivly, building 10 cities plus capturing Morhaut from Hoc (they started it!), and having 5 defensive, 3 ofensive and 2 artillery units in them at all times. I even named the regiments (i.e. Mordheim Reiksguard 3rd Rgt., or Wizard Lord of Altdorf)

In the middle of my kingdom I started massing up Reiksguard Knights (Sir Otto, Sir Karl, Sir And-so-on).

I concentrated all my reaserch to reaching gunpowder (skipping gryphons, dragons and whatnot).. And then since Handgunners took me only 1 or 2 turns to build, I pulled all those 110 units, joined them up with 15 knights and marched on Skavenblight (whose assassins have been pestering Nuln all game!). I had a sweet screenie but aparently if you press Print Screen, then turn of your computer and go to sleep, it won`t remember it in the morning :cry:

Anyway, it went clean, no bugs to report, I`m proud of you guys :D

Yeah, those assassins are great aren't they? :D

I just finished a game with the Skaven. For the first time (for me) all factions but one were eliminated. The Orcs and i fought a brief war before i won a culture victory. I managed to control my continent pretty early on, destroying the estalians in a short sharp war, then the chaos dwarfs in two conflicts.

the hordes of chaos were on an island in the middle of the map, which i invaded with assassins from my warrens, then waited for a chaos unit to "run" into me and be forced to declare war :D. the invasion went smoothly.

i found the high elves and the dwarves living peacefully :)hmm:) on an island to the south, and brutally destroyed them :evil:

all in all i think the skaven are a great faction, the traits work well for me, and a lot of the units are fast

I got used to Reiklands traits, its hard for me to start again (plus I can never have enough games with CamJH`s Empire Swordsman in them :goodjob:). Havent had a decent game with Skaven or BoC yet, I always quit (the really interesting units are a long way from the start ;))

I think I`ll try the Beasties next.

Im trying the Beasts now, and i got a GREAT start.

i destroyed both Ind and Kislev before they had a second city and had HUGE tracts of land to expand into. by turn 119 i had 35% of land mass and 47% of population. cathay held the northern end and are now destroyed, and i wiped out the chaos dwarfs on an island, as well as having two nippon cities defect :D

I just finished my Beastie boyz game. Won by domination, but VP and Quest victories were close too. I smashed trough everyone like a smelly, furry, horny :)lol: :crazyeye:) tide, kicked and abused and won.

And again I haven`t seen all the cool stuff! So I kept playing till there was only one Nipponese city on the pangea, and 2 small islands, one with 2 Nipponese and the other with 2 Norscan cities.

The pangea survivor (by my whim, I had dozens of units around it) was packed tight waiting for the Tzeetch daemons to bomb the hell out of it (for fun - there was only 1 unit in there :mischief:)

The Nippon island got a visit from the Keeper of Secrets who brutally burned the 2 cities to the ground singlehandedly. Well.. it used all six of its limbs but
you get the point.

As for the Norscan Island? Oh that was sweet. I landed a trio fantasticus of a Chaos Troll, a Minotaur and my very first Shaggy and... havoc! :D The Troll and the Minotaur ganged on 1 city, while Shaggy stormed 2 Jotuns on the island`s grasslands..

I got used to Reiklands traits, its hard for me to start again (plus I can never have enough games with CamJH`s Empire Swordsman in them :goodjob:). Havent had a decent game with Skaven or BoC yet, I always quit (the really interesting units are a long way from the start ;))

I think I`ll try the Beasties next.
Stormy,
I think you enjoy my measly contributions more than anyone else on these forums. I can always count on you for support. :)

I was playing a game as beasties last week before my new wife and I took off for our honeymoon. I'll pick it up again when we get back. I had already gotten rid of two of my opponents and was getting ready to launch an assault on the dwarfs (last remaining contender for MY island). Then it's search-and-destroy time.

Still making my way through all of the different civs. I've been playing a lot of the evil civs as of late... not quite sure what that says about my character as a person. :)

... I've been playing a lot of the evil civs as of late... not quite sure what that says about my character as a person. :)
That you're a nice guy, probably. :)
Both my girlfriend and I prefer the evil civs, and we're nice people. :mischief:

BTW, cute story of the week: My friend was playing Ironclaw Orcs with his seven year old son, and they started discussing why the orcs are so mean and angry. Then the son said that "They probably have ADHD". :D

Still making my way through all of the different civs. I've been playing a lot of the evil civs as of late... not quite sure what that says about my character as a person. :)

Don't worry, everyone prefer the evil civs. I blame the lack of evil in all the historical mods.

Top Bottom