Squadron starting XP in FF (and MoO2)

clearbeard

King
I've been playing around with Final Frontier some lately, and came across a minor issue I can't figure out: how to get squadron units to gain XP from buildings. So I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, and figured out where the issue comes from.

1. It seems like changing <iExperience> under the building should do it for all units (cf West Point from vanilla), squadrons included, but it doesn't.

2. Adding "<DomainType>DOMAIN_AIR" experience to the existing DOMAIN_LAND line (cf Airports) should do it, but it doesn't.

3. Adding "<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_SQUADRON" in the appropriate spot should also do it (cf Spanish Citadels for Siege units), but it doesn't.

Having exhausted the usual suspects, has anyone investigated this for fighter and bomber units in MOO2Civ? Any other suggestions on where to look to let air units gain XP like they are supposed to?

Sorry for not replying - I was kind of waiting for someone to step in: fighters and bombers in MOO2Civ gain XP through combat, I reckon. They can however get promotions/upgrades via techs, not buildings. (You only need the Squadron Factory building as a necessary build prereq.)

I've been playing around with Final Frontier some lately, and came across a minor issue I can't figure out: how to get squadron units to gain XP from buildings. So I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, and figured out where the issue comes from.

1. It seems like changing <iExperience> under the building should do it for all units (cf West Point from vanilla), squadrons included, but it doesn't.

Having exhausted the usual suspects, has anyone investigated this for fighter and bomber units in MOO2Civ? Any other suggestions on where to look to let air units gain XP like they are supposed to?

This method works for me.

I added West Point into my own FF modmod and it does add 4 XP to each squadron built in the system where I built West Point (renamed to the more generic War College). If you are playing as the Brotherhood, squadrons come out of that system with 8 XP (4 for Brotherhood trait, which is done in python, and 4 for the War College's iExperience tag).

Top Bottom