Spain ICS

Plasmawolf55

Chieftain
I lost this mp game due to friendliness and lack of science until late-game, but, this is my first attempt at an ICS. From what you can see, what should I improve? I know that this won't work in Brave New World, but my friends don't have it, so I can still do this.

Replay

Link to video.

Screenshots

Endgame demographics
Spoiler :

Turn 101
Spoiler :

Turn 150

Turn 277

I think only Mayans are viable at ICS anymore due to the science penalty per city. Did you get any natural wonders? If not then Spain was a quite bad choice.

In my view, ICS is not an efficient winning strategy in G&K. You can win playing ICS, but it will be despite ICS, not because of ICS. Among the problems, as you have seen, is lagging science because of slow (or nonexistent) population growth and too many hammers sunk into extra libraries, universities, etc. That said, it can be interesting.

The worst is when you load up Spain and plan to ICS, but then the only natural wonder you can find is Lake Victoria. Well I guess that isn't an issue in G&Ks but still :gripe:

wow. That's pretty cool. Never tried that much.

It seems your workers kinda lagged though. was there a reason you weren't making city connections and improvements? I'd think the city connections would have paid for themselves with a tight grid like that, probably made money in the long run. I understand minimizing growth for the unhappiness, but a high production tiles probably would have been worth it. I see +400 gold in the end so you probably had plenty of room to work on buildings and troops.

I never expected you to reply to my thread, Silverman6083. I love Arab Conquest. :crazyeye:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Wow thank you so much! I'm actually working on an update and homework as I type :crazyeye: I didn't even realize you wrote this so :wavey:

Top Bottom