Most obscene civ/uu/ub combos

I would love to do this for real, in game. Would it be possible to make a mod that lets the player combine civs like this? I'm guessing probably not, but at least we can dream.

Anyway, here's what I would make:

Great expanse
Caroleans
Polders

No real goal, just a combination of some of my favorite uniques. I'd probably add polders to any civ if I could.

Ingenuity
Coffee House
Longbowman

The benefit of the Coffee House stacked on top of the already insane Great Scientist spam rate. The best defensive UU in the game to go with it and you got a defensive science powerhouse.

How is Longbowman a defensive unit ? Best defensive unit in the game is probably the H'wacha, but I think I'd prefer Chu-ko-Nus over Longbowmen on defense. You're mostly shooting at big carpets of units coming towards your cities, you don't realy need the extra range when defending.

How is Longbowman a defensive unit ? Best defensive unit in the game is probably the H'wacha, but I think I'd prefer Chu-ko-Nus over Longbowmen on defense. You're mostly shooting at big carpets of units coming towards your cities, you don't realy need the extra range when defending.

Question of preference, I guess. When you got big borders, Longbowmen can soften up carpets of enemies earlier. Their upgrade into Range 2 Gatling Guns also helps. But the Chu-Ko-Nu would also be a wonderful unit here, that's a truth.

I would love to do this for real, in game. Would it be possible to make a mod that lets the player combine civs like this? I'm guessing probably not, but at least we can dream.

Some sort of 'Draft Mode' mod, simular to ability draft in DOTA2.

Set up a game as normal, pick the Civ you want to play and then pick the Civs you want the AI to play (or set to random).
Put the UA/UU/UBs of the selected Civs into a pool, add in UA/UU/UBs from 2 more Civs that weren't selected as playable for some more variance (Maybe as an alternative add in the City State abilities as options to be picked?).
Each 'Player' then takes turns to pick one thing from the pool (with a limit of only one UA per player). Have pick order decided by random or tie it to the difficulty setting (for example, on Easy the human player goes first, on Deity human player goes last, for the other settings the human comes somewhere in the middle.)

That is basically what I suggested, only my suggestion was that you pick a UU/UA/UB at the start of each era, not at the beginning of the game.

Serenissima.

Hanse.

MoV.

That'd be pretty cool - a very buffed Venice that really becomes a production beast thanks to Hanse.

Or maybe...

Babylon Ingenuity
Keshik
Pyramid

You'd get to your Keshik in no time thanks to the combined power of Pyramid and Babylon. Keshik is so powerful you'd stomp everyone without any major problems.

But wouldn't having the MoV nullify the benefits of the Hanse? Puppeting the CS would eliminate the CS so that Hanse would have one less bit of input. I know that when I play as Germany and see Austria or Venice, eventually, I need to wipe them out.

But wouldn't having the MoV nullify the benefits of the Hanse? Puppeting the CS would eliminate the CS so that Hanse would have one less bit of input. I know that when I play as Germany and see Austria or Venice, eventually, I need to wipe them out.

Don't forget that the MoV is also a buffed up Great Merchant. He generates double gold on his missions. Thinking along those lines, the ultimate diplomonster would probably be...

Greece's Helenic League
Merchant of Venice
Hanse

Also, a combination that would probably be pretty weak, but has novelty value (and could be powerful in a colonization-themed expansion/mod). The ultimate explorer:

Indonesia's Spice Islanders
Conquistador
...dunno, Pathfinder?

And finally, the ultimate land-grabber:

Shoshone Great Expanse
Krepost
Khan (for the citadels)

Top Bottom