Dragonxander PR's Earth 37 civsmap

Balancing trials underway--I'll need to do the following:

* Test the map with these options deactivated: tech brokering, tech diffusion (civs somewhat too advanced for their time)

* As part of the pre-Columbian and post-Columbian resource distirbutions, I'll tone down these. The original 50 resources of each kind will have to be dropped for the pre-Columbian version (most likely gonna be 35-40).

* Will trim river systems--Earth maps usually are very river dense comapred to the game-generated maps. I'll have to remove some in order to reduce the commerce boost + trade routes connectivity from these.

Nice map bud. I would suggest making a version with only old world civs for a new world race. Maybe also move the whole continent of Australia down 1 plot so its only reachable by galleons? good work though!

Thank you for the suggestions! I just finished my school semester so soon work will resume on the map. Some variants I plan to publish:

* Random Resources (still have to clear enough forest so that food appears more balanced)

* Pre-Columbian resources (need some research for this)

* Modern Resources (need to trim a few resources, otherwise the map is too generous)

* I actually like that Old World start idea (twist: gonna make it more historically accurate by pre-placing the oldest civs: China, India, Egypt, Sumeria; all others start with units)

Should the exceptionally fertile Yangtse, Huang He (Yellow) rivers in China and parts of the Ganges in India (and perhaps some others, particularly the rivers of the San Joaquín Valley in California, 'Chernozem' soil on Ukraine and the Mekong river in SE Asia). The idea is to give a large boost in food to the area without it needing a significantly bigger amount of resources. I plan to do it on alternate tiles, not the entire thing. One consideration is that the unhealthiness of the floodplains would make the food bonus into a double edged sword--the unhealthiness will tone down the food boost.

Currently preparing the Pre-Columbian exchange resource variation of this map--never thought it would be this challenging to pack 36 of most resources throughout the planet (exceptions being seafood). Some places are awfully cramped with these, whereas others are left starved, particularly when it comes to food (Oceania would be the most starved location).

The Iroquois start would be awfully close to Toronto; unless you'd rather have the Iroquois starting at Toronto. When choosing extra starting locations I gave priority to provide an even spacing, while also ensuring the starting location weren't too hostile in terms of terrain (I'd like to use Angola, for instance, but it's sandwiched between jungle and desert).

Perhaps you could provide a list of alternative/additional starting locations that could be added to the map.

I think north american should have Usa aztecs and canada. Maybe you could replace one of the other civs with new zealand? Its pretty big on your map and could support a civ.

North America is far bigger than what'd be appropriate with those 3:

* Aztecs (México)

* Mayans (Guatemala)

* USA (Washington, DC)

* Sioux (South Dakota)

* Iroquois (upstate New York)

-------------

* California (no associated Civ)

* British Columbia (no associated Civ)

* Alberta (doesn't create crowding on the Great Lakes area, unlike Toronto, also lacks associated civ)

I made this map to allow for both historical play (preferably with hand tweaks until I try the homeland mod on it) or free to play (thus the abundant extra locations that don't correspond to the in-game civs).

Other extra locations:

* Tanzania

* West Australia (Perth)

* East Australia (Sydney)

* Central Asia (Astana, Kazakhstan)

* Eastern Siberia (Harbin, Manchuria)

* Caucasus (Baku, Azerbaijan--alternate start for Turks, as they conquered the Byzantines, who got the start at the Bosporus)

* Ireland (alternative start for Celts--their proper start would be in south-central France, 1 tile west of where Lyons is supposed to be)

* Jerusalem (alternative start for Sumerians--their proper start would be closer to Kuwait, whereas Babylon starts at south Iraq)

* Chile (Santiago)

* Argentina (Buenos Aires)

* Brazil (Brasilia)

* Venezuela (Caracas)

* Tibet (Lhasa)

Start ideas I've rejected:

* New Zealand: too isolated
* Angola: hostile environment (desert-jungle sandwich), but I could add it
* Alaska: hostile environment, not likely to add it
* Either West or Central Siberia (hostile environment)
* Indonesia (jungle choked islands would make it a hard start)
* Philippines (same as Indonesia)
* Central Africa (same as Angola)

Top Bottom