World Congress Ban

No it don't stop them from drinking it but you can't sell it to people on open marked (that means you) so that is the reason why you not earn money:p

imo World congress needs tuning, right now it is this

everyone loves the fair, to much

random ban of a luxery ressource, f they not have it the ai auto say yes

when election come everyone elect themself (looks ridicelous)

what bother the heck out for me that there is always 2 cases and you can just throw in fair when you want to win the other case 100% as ai for some reason go full out yes on fair

"YEAH what world fair all in, what was the other option? unban unclear warheads? OK I DONT CARE" and yes I did this ingame and that fair become quite a colorfull event...

I rather wish they did have a "inside" and "outside" for more deep system , they gave benefits by joining it but needed to follow what everyone says. it ridicelous silly you need to listen to mr colombus because he found everyone first in a game of hide and seek but he is the weakest (yet can't kill him because he hide on the other side of the world) behind warmonger gandhi like a spoiled brat:mad:

there could be a option to go against the probhition atleast, it would make other hate you and refuse to trade that ressource.

My idea was that they should implement a black market system where you could sell at inflated prices the goods that were banned from trade. I do not know how to balance it and make it sensible but this would prevent banning from being an 'easy' solution to block a civ.

Maybe some aggregate demand based on past usage of the resource would continue to exist and create a demand for banned products ?

One example is drugs they are banned but widely used, black market could create a wastage in the income proportional to the use maybe ?

This is a civilization Game though, not an underground simulation game. Drugs are still sold but by criminal organizations which means they get all the money and the government gets nothing, well at least not the decent governments...

Anyway as long as you can't make deals with something other than the leaders of other civs you can't possibly sell your banned goods.

America and Europe still import a lot of drugs, but it's certainly not Obama or Angela Merkel that buy those.

I also really love the whole economics vs. ethics of banning things. While actively attempting to halt the ban for the greater good of my nation and my people, it never once crossed my mind that the rest of the world might be better off without alcohol. Very interesting, to see potential psychology behind bans.

This is one of the reasons I LOVE this game now...

This is a civilization Game though, not an underground simulation game. Drugs are still sold but by criminal organizations which means they get all the money and the government gets nothing, well at least not the decent governments...

Anyway as long as you can't make deals with something other than the leaders of other civs you can't possibly sell your banned goods.

America and Europe still import a lot of drugs, but it's certainly not Obama or Angela Merkel that buy those.

Yes this is why I proposed it to be some kind of penalty on the nations banning it.

Top Bottom