A few newbie questions...

Weakling

Chieftain
Hi,

I have got a few questions from a newbie - played AC a bit a few years back, but seem to have forgotten everything!

First off, what does "units a way from territory" refer to - supported units not in the city where they are from, or just within the faction's territory? I am playing Morgan, and got a drone from "unit away from territory" although all my military units are in cities, though maybe not the cities they hail from. Do units need to be stationed in the city that supports them?

Second, apparently a farm increases nutrients by one, but I built a farm on rainy terrain (along with a solar collector) and I think it hasn't changed the nutrient output :S might I be overlooking something?

Thanks so far, I think I will later on use this thread for more stupid questions!

Ok, I think I got the first one! The one drone is actually from "Unmodified" (ie, the difficulty I think) , so not from units away from territory after all. The fact that I now notice the drone that I didn't before is because I can no longer use my military units as police due to lower police rating.

The reason that the farm isn't increasing nutrients is probably because you haven't yet discovered Gene Splicing. Prior to discovering that tech, most tiles can't give more than 2 nuts. After its discovery the restriction is lifted and terraforming yields the expected amount. I can think of two exceptions to this rule: There are no nutrient restrictions on tiles that contain a nutrient resource and a combination of a farm plus a condenser also allows you to bypass the restriction. Similar considerations also hold for minerals (need Ecological Engineering to lift the limit) and energy (need Environmental Economics to lift the limit).

These are good questions. Please feel free to post more!

Top Bottom