WoC Latest Version Download

The WoC 1.10 installer includes a lot of unneeded stuff. The two directories SDK\Debug and SDK\Release should be removed from it. Also PrivateMaps\Scenario & Maps Database\.svn is not needed (but relatively small compared to the others).

How is 1.20 coming along ?

Not sure if I should post here but the resources are impossible to decipher (The symbols seen for food production and coins). This may be related to the Vertical_Symbol.dds problem, if they haven't fixed it in BTS. Or maybe it is something else entirely.

This sounds like an awesome mod but i cant get it to load. In the mlf log it says im getting alot of invalid files i have installed the core 1.10 and 1.20, ive also tried them separately with the same result. Can anyone help would be very appreciated thanks in adavance

This sounds like an awesome mod but i cant get it to load. In the mlf log it says im getting alot of invalid files i have installed the core 1.10 and 1.20, ive also tried them separately with the same result. Can anyone help would be very appreciated thanks in adavance

Try deleting every thing and just install 1.20.

Merry Christmas to you all. Hope you are feeling better after your op rockinroger?
I've downloaded the core 1.2 and started loading up with all of the additional modules. Unfortunately it got as far as the museum ship before CtD'ing. So, uninstalled and reinstalled 1.2 and loaded that up as a stand alone game. So far so good. Got a CtD after 2000 years, not sure why have to reload and try again.
The Core by itself has no Modules and thus has very minimal changes from plain BtS.
(From post #2) Not very accurate, there are loads of changes to terrain including blue marble, most fights with barbarian units result in slaves which can be sacrificed for research points. My scouts, on Warlord level got either cash, maps, workers or settlers, not once did they give me a tech. The revolution mod is in there as is archer bombardment :wow: so far so good.:goodjob:
Also when i completed the Oracle WW i didn't get a free new tech, instead it completed the tech i was researching:sad: which only had one turn left before i completed the research, what a waste of the Oracle:mad:. However, i'm not complaining about this, just pointing out a changelog would have been nice before i tried out the things i did. Could you also list which modules will work with 1.2 with no problems, this would help all players.
I really want to try everything out on this Mod but i get frustrated with CtD's and failures to load so i give up and stop playing for a few weeks/months until i feel ready to try again.
We will have an "Front End Program" with v2.00 that runs before BtS and allows a player to choose Modules without actually interacting with folders/files, but using a graphical interface that also has the ability to save a configuration (needed for MP games).
(From post #1) How close are you to making this a reality?

I've started another game and encountered an unusual problem. I fortified a wounded axeman outside of the Albanian capital, Albanians had 2 archers and 2 warriors. I ended the turn and whilst the map was centered south east of the axemen the Albanians attacked. The attacking warrior was defeated which gave me a slave unit which appeared in the Albanian capital causing me to temporarily capture the city, rename it as Warwick, and then lose it again immediately as there were still 3 Albanian combat units present. I've attached a JPEG screenshot of this which shows some of this in the combat messages. (Incidently the messages are a little to far to the left to see them when they first appear.) Going to reload and see if the same thing happens again. Will update you with results as and when.

Have found that when Saltpetre is showing on the map its 90 degrees out of whack, ie it is standing vertically instead of horizontally.

I get version 1.10 on the given link. Where do I find 1.20? Can you give me the link here again.

Merry Christmas to you all. Hope you are feeling better after your op rockinroger?
I've downloaded the core 1.2 and started loading up with all of the additional modules. Unfortunately it got as far as the museum ship before CtD'ing. So, uninstalled and reinstalled 1.2 and loaded that up as a stand alone game. So far so good. Got a CtD after 2000 years, not sure why have to reload and try again.
(From post #2) Not very accurate, there are loads of changes to terrain including blue marble, most fights with barbarian units result in slaves which can be sacrificed for research points. My scouts, on Warlord level got either cash, maps, workers or settlers, not once did they give me a tech. The revolution mod is in there as is archer bombardment :wow: so far so good.:goodjob:
Also when i completed the Oracle WW i didn't get a free new tech, instead it completed the tech i was researching:sad: which only had one turn left before i completed the research, what a waste of the Oracle:mad:. However, i'm not complaining about this, just pointing out a changelog would have been nice before i tried out the things i did. Could you also list which modules will work with 1.2 with no problems, this would help all players.
I really want to try everything out on this Mod but i get frustrated with CtD's and failures to load so i give up and stop playing for a few weeks/months until i feel ready to try again..

Okay. So I downloaded the full mod pack, not knowing what it was, and inadvertently installed all of your mods. That's cool. I'd love to use them. I think.

I only say "I think", because, to be honest, I'm not a programmer of any sort, I can't look at the xml for each mod and say "Oh, so that's what it does."

You've done a lot of great work, I think, and I'd like to use what you've done, I think, but I need some explanations about what each and every module that comes in your "full mod pack" does.

I'm willing to help you guys out with putting the stuff up on your wiki, if you can just shoot me some explanations.

Thanks so much! :)

What's the maximum number of Civs this mod allows to be in a game at once together? Also, why do we need the WoC core just to download one or 2 civs that you have provided modular, if you know how to make all the XML tags/directories needed? What's so important about the using both the core and the extra content (like new civs) together?

What's the maximum number of Civs this mod allows to be in a game at once together?

You can have 36 civs in game at one time.

Also, why do we need the WoC core just to download one or 2 civs that you have provided modular, if you know how to make all the XML tags/directories needed? What's so important about the using both the core and the extra content (like new civs) together?

Because the xml is not the standard modular xml, it is an xml which is even more modular and only understood by the WoC dll, hence you need to use the core for the civs (or any other WoC module) to work.

Top Bottom