Bugs/Error reports

Agent327

Observer
Please post all bugs/errors in this thread!

First off, on install problems:

Almost ALL interface issues are caused by improper installation in some way or another.

So, if you have an install problem, please check first if MOO2Civ is installed as should be and files are in their correct place.

Also, on missing interface:

I'd likely first check that the cache is cleared (hold down shift during startup) and that the custom assets folder doesn't contain any other files - especially the missing interface is something rather common with weird file interactions between mod folders and custom assets.
If that doesn't solve it a reinstall might be in order, though of course getting game logs would often be preferable in case there is some problem with your mod...

So, if you have a game log, please include it with your report.

Not sure if this is a bug, but I cannot see how to generate Espionage Points. I see two buildings that produce EP multipliers, but none that produce base points, so EPs stay at zero. The initial Capitol does not produce any either. Maybe there is something I have not gotten to yet?

Police Agency generates an Espionage %, as does the Intelligence Center, and as soon as you meet another race you can set Espionage rate. (This works basically just as in MOO: with zero intel and no Spies, no effective Espionage is taking place.) You can check your Esp. ratio with any race by holding the cursor over that race on the score listing on-screen.

When I tried out your mod a while ago, there was an error with the pedia where if I clicked on a certian unit (think it was a battleship) the game would just default to desktop. I don't know if it has been fixed.

Trajan7 reported something similar. I can't reproduce it on my end and I've asked on the original thread if more people are experiencing this. (As I haven't had any reports of this before.) According to Trajan7 it occurred with Patch4f.

Come to think of it, somebody mentioned that the base speed of Battleship II was lower than the Battleship speed - but I'm not sure how that could result in a Cvipedia bug. Anyway, I'll look into it for the next patch.

I have built both a Police Academy and Intelligence Center, but they merely increment base EP by 25% and 100%. I have no base EP rate from any system. The Capitol only produces happiness, gold, and culture, not espionage, so there is nothing to apply the multiplier to. Shouldn't it produce 4 EP? I do have contact with other civs, but no EP points to distribute. I am considering reinstalling the Mod again.

I have built both a Police Academy and Intelligence Center, but they merely increment base EP by 25% and 100%. I have no base EP rate from any system. The Capitol only produces happiness, gold, and culture, not espionage, so there is nothing to apply the multiplier to. Shouldn't it produce 4 EP?

Actually, I considered this, but just as in MOO you won't get any Espionage if your Esp. rate is zero; that's an important difference between how Espionage is generated in Civ and in MOO. You just need to increase the Esp. rate - no need to reinstall.

Besides a possible problem with the Custom Game options I've noticed the Gnolam flag doesn't show. Not certain how long this has been the case, actually...

2 (permanent) python erros:
1) There's a reference to a not existing building in the python files, BUILDING_MANUFACTURING_PLANT, in 1472 CvFinalFrontierEvents.
2) It seems, the trait TRAIT_BARBARIAN is missing.

This creates nearly every round a huge amount of python errors :(.

2 (permanent) python erros:
1) There's a reference to a not existing building in the python files, BUILDING_MANUFACTURING_PLANT, in 1472 CvFinalFrontierEvents.
2) It seems, the trait TRAIT_BARBARIAN is missing.

Yes, I know. Forgot about these with the latest patch (got sidetracked by Blue Marble and other complications...) - they're still on my To Do list.

This creates nearly every round a huge amount of python errors .

They're python exceptions, which should have no effect with python exceptions turned off. (Nevertheless, it's sloppy, I agree.)

Another thing is that the Gnolam flags don't appear in-game.

I'm currently checking the (Assimilation mod's) custom game options, which appear to have become messed up with Patch4i.

I'm currently trying to figure out when the Custom Game Options first start to appear screwy; in Patches 4e-f (when they were introduced), they seemed to work OK...

It seems Assimilation Custom Game options weren't functioning as should be already in patch 4f; not yet having succeeded in correcting the issue, here's the rundown:

- High to Low option actually loads Final Five
- Increasing Difficulty loads High to Low option
- Final Five loads Increasing Difficulty

As far as I can tell Flexible Difficulty works OK. As I hardly use these options, I hadn't noticed this until alerted and I'm trying to determine which patch the bug first pops up. Also, I'd welcome any additional user feedback on this issue and on the latest patch in general.

Good point. The Barbarian World option was removed as it had no effect; perhaps putting it back might just do the trick. (I tried renaming as a quickfix, but got an instant CTD trying to load the mod.)

Good point. The Barbarian World option was removed as it had no effect; perhaps putting it back might just do the trick. (I tried renaming as a quickfix, but got an instant CTD trying to load the mod.)

I thought of that yesterday, that maybe removing that options messed with they way the game reads the options. Try putting it back in where it was but change the barbarian world bVisible flag to 0.

I was playing yesterday Patch 4i

It happened to me that the propulsion technologies are giving extra movements to land units. That shouldn't happen, should it?

Actually, that should read space units. (As I learned from deanej, creator of Star Trek mod, all Final Frontier squares are tundra, i.e. land.) There's also a left-over reference to '+1 view across water' somewhere...

But well, the fact is that land units (armors and such) were actually getting the extra movements... They shouldn't, should they?

Ah yes... this goes back to an earlier discussion/consideration whether planetary defense forces should be immobile or not. For now they are treated as having limited space mobility (they start out with zero movement), and with each +1 space movement tech they gain movement, that is they can move off planet. (Alternatively, they should remain immobile and a Transport unit would need to be implemented, like in the Babylon 5 mod.)

Top Bottom