Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i have a problem with RoM and AnD installed. i dont know wich causes the problem so i will post it here. when i want to load the mod i get a xml error message

Tag:GAMEOPTION_NO_INQUISITIONS in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is:
xml\units/CIV4UnitInfo.xml

i can click on OK and the game starts normaly in the main menue. but wehen i try to start playing it crashes to desktop. has anyone an idea how to fix this?
here are some additional infos:
BtS, RoM, and AnD are the latest versions, i also installed the latest patch for AnD.

hi, i have a problem with RoM and AnD installed. i dont know wich causes the problem so i will post it here. when i want to load the mod i get a xml error message

i can click on OK and the game starts normaly in the main menue. but wehen i try to start playing it crashes to desktop. has anyone an idea how to fix this?
here are some additional infos:
BtS, RoM, and AnD are the latest versions, i also installed the latest patch for AnD.

First off, are you ABSOLUTELY sure you installed RoM 2.92?

i feel realy stupid right now, when downloading RoM i had about 10 tabs opened so i must have clicked on the wrong link. thanks for your help.

Is there a non-installer version of this? Every time I try to install it, it tells me I have the wrong location (I don't), and then at the end, it says woc_installer.jar could not be found (It's there). I've tried it in the game's directory, which for me is D:\Games\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind. I've also tried adding RoM to the appropriate location in my documents, which also didn't work. I can run RoM fine, so why can't I install this?

Is there a non-installer version of this? Every time I try to install it, it tells me I have the wrong location (I don't), and then at the end, it says woc_installer.jar could not be found (It's there).

That pretty much means you are installing it to the wrong location.

That pretty much means you are installing it to the wrong location.

I re-downloaded the installer, and it worked fine this time. No idea what the difference was, but I'm not complaining. Even just looking at some of the new stuff in the pedia is making me drool @_@

Hey I just switched to win 7 and i'm working my mods fine.
However RoM isn't working, whenever i try loading the mod cIV crashes, i coppied the error message i hope it will help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.0.3.1
Application Timestamp: 46ba12f3
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c4b90fe
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00080f10
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: 25d8
Additional Information 4: 25d83739a316c924703011c973ade79e

I'm having a problem with AND. I've downloaded and played RoM fine but AND has a problem. Whenever the game is loading and reaches the Init XML (uncached) screen an error message pops up saying "GAMEOPTION_NO_INQUISITIONS in info class was incorrect current xml file is xml\units/Civ4unitinfos.xml" I've uninstalled and reinstalled RoM and AND 3 times and still get the message. I have no idea what to do, any help would be great. Thanks

I'm having a problem with AND. I've downloaded and played RoM fine but AND has a problem. Whenever the game is loading and reaches the Init XML (uncached) screen an error message pops up saying "GAMEOPTION_NO_INQUISITIONS in info class was incorrect current xml file is xml\units/Civ4unitinfos.xml" I've uninstalled and reinstalled RoM and AND 3 times and still get the message. I have no idea what to do, any help would be great. Thanks

Install over a clean version of RoM 2.92 :).

Why do the civilizations that emerge from barbarian cities make horrible military decisions, and why do they always randomly declare war on someone. I say randomly because a civ declared war on me that wasn't even on my continent, and then proceeded to attack my city on a hill (longbowman with 2 city defense promotions) directly from the galleys with a total of 4 spearmen and a chariot. (none of which had amphibious promotions...) I just don't understand.

The other 2 civilizations that came into being almost immediately declared war on the closest person on their continent... Is it even possible for a barbarian city to turn into a civilization without being barbaric? I was kind of anticipating minor civilizations being an addition to the game that allowed for more variation in the "barbarian" behavior. For example a city that only builds one or two spearmen for defense, and then builds a fire pit, apiary, granary, monument, and a bunch of workers. Would it be possible to assign different AI strategies to each minor civilization so that when a leader organized it, it wouldn't always have X number of units led by general Y and immediately attack civ Z?

I was also screwing around with the thought of having to cities that were very close by turn into the same civilization. IE if Ghuzz and Navajo are close by, connected by roads, have plenty of workers, culture, buildings and defenders, would the English civilization rise up and have both those cities? (it didn't work)

Barbarian Civs come in 2 styles - Warlike and Peaceful. If left alone, in an isolated area, they will always become peaceful civilizations. If you threaten the barbarian cities, or get too strong, they start warlike, declaring war to help expand.

Well when I found the Native Americans I was pretty strong but all we did diplomacy wise was exchange contact with other civs for gold and some workers. Wouldn't the most logical thing be to attack the weakest and closest civ? If you're a small city-state and you feel threatened by a very large empire an entire continent away, why declare war on them and attack a well defended city with bad units? I would say the reverse should be the case, when threatened focus on building a larger empire, but if you're left alone, amass some units and go take someone weaker than you over.

The other 2 civilizations barely had time to let their relations sour before war was declared on them by the new civs. In that case I would understand the aggressiveness but they certainly weren't threatened or anything, both of those minor civs were more technologically advanced than the existing civs on the continent.

Your mods look great with many interesting features.

The problem I am having is that it keeps resetting my game settings to it's default.

In BTS I have music turned off and monitor set to 1280 x 1024.
When I load Rise of Mankind with A New Dawn The music plays and it is set to 1024 x (I forget).

So, I restet everything and restart. All is OK.

I then load BTS again and it's back to music on and 1024 x (I forget).

So I set it up again.

Now I load A New Dawn again and there's the music again and 1024 X (I forget) and all the rest of the default settings.

Is there a way to make it stop doing this?

AND 1.74.
ROM 2.92.

after I load AND 1.75 and click on Single Player,two options are grayed out:play now and Custom game...any ideas why?

Ok, I've read all the threads I can find about installation problems. I've downloaded the mod several times - at least six in the last couple of days. It just won't install. I either get the "woc_installer.jar could not be found" type error, or it gets most of the way through and tells me it has encountered a problem and must close. Does it matter where it installs from? Is there something simple I am missing? I've used a different mirror every time too. One of the times I got the "woc_installer.jar could not be found", for some reason I was actually able to play the mod, now I wish I hadn't deleted it to try to get a real install, perhaps it would have been fine. I guess I'll have to try ROM by itself next? I'm open to any ideas - oh yah, I have WinXP and played both ROM and AND before. BTS is updated to 3.19.

First off, are you ABSOLUTELY sure you installed RoM 2.92?

OS79... this post was a long time ago...but I'm DYING to know what
your answer is if the person really DID install ROM 2.92 and AND 1.75...

But there is a catch...I downloaded Strategyonly's Prehistoric era (which is now
my standalone mod) and it worked fine. But then I downloaded ROME 3.10
and that's when I'm having the same trouble as Entrophy...

When I forget to add "ROME" entry in the Control.xml...It doesn't even work...
but when I do,
and like eight more of those show up...

The worst part is, ROME is a skin modular (I think) so I can't even tell whether the
thing is working or not..

HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom