General Annoyances List

My biggest annoyance would most likely have to be starting in tundra for 3 days in a row (random settings for map although I tried various things such as temperature etc to change it but nothing would work). I'm not sure whether it's just bad luck that every game I try to play I get forced into tundra but it became so common I started taking screenshots of everytime it happened. I just gave up playing the game today because everytime I tried to re roll and get a non-tundra start it just never happened. If someone could explain to me how to avoid such starts it'd be greatly appreciated as it's been 3 days in a row on every game! Here's the screenshots from today: http://imgur.com/a/TK3aL

I just gave up playing the game today because everytime I tried to re roll and get a non-tundra start it just never happened.
Yes, that does seem like a lot of tundra starts -- but I see two mostly-all-forest starts (not counting the forest/tundra mixes) and a desert start. So I think you are okay?

1) some unique units don't permanently carry through their special promotions after upgrades.

2) i can't capture settlers or great people

3) i can't get unlimited XP from barbs

4) 2-range crossbows upgrade into 1-range gatling guns. their upgrade path is really annoying because they become irrelevant compared to artillery.

5) enemy great prophets and missionaries captured cannot be used for my religion and have to be deleted or turned into holy sites.

Yeah, there's mods for this but damn... it irks me.

My biggest annoyance would most likely have to be starting in tundra for 3 days in a row (random settings for map although I tried various things such as temperature etc to change it but nothing would work). I'm not sure whether it's just bad luck that every game I try to play I get forced into tundra but it became so common I started taking screenshots of everytime it happened. I just gave up playing the game today because everytime I tried to re roll and get a non-tundra start it just never happened. If someone could explain to me how to avoid such starts it'd be greatly appreciated as it's been 3 days in a row on every game! Here's the screenshots from today: http://imgur.com/a/TK3aL

Some of them aren't too bad. I recommend using HB map scripts

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KiFTUkF8zxbRdN_AmQ-jIwdUAjnriO2wYNGBuqphcCM/edit

Delete your cache. You should be doing this on a regular basis as the game like to "remember" things.

I have finally managed to get the Great Firewall. Prior to that I had to deal with 27 instances of the AI stealing/ attempting to steal technology. This is not really a rant- more a frustration.

on marathon speed games babarians tend to drive me crazy in first 500 turnsor more.. but i can niot complain,, i choose this... but a bit less so i can do soemthing else the yell f@#$% all the time and try to build a empire and build a wonder lol would be nice sometimes

Man I'm sick of the AI stealing Desert Folklore. No matter how many desert tiles they have, it's one of the first pantheons they pick, if not the first. It's so annoying because it ruins all desert starts since you basically cannot get that pantheon on hard difficulties, there's always ethiopia or whatever with one desert tile who takes this, thus ruining both player's religions for no reason.

Man I'm sick of the AI stealing Desert Folklore. No matter how many desert tiles they have, it's one of the first pantheons they pick, if not the first. It's so annoying because it ruins all desert starts since you basically cannot get that pantheon on hard difficulties, there's always ethiopia or whatever with one desert tile who takes this, thus ruining both player's religions for no reason.

And then they build Petra in the same city just to really add to the insult - bonus point - the only desert tile is a flood plain... I know they get a free trade route but it still irks me!

Top Bottom