SGOTM2 Germany - Team scout

You could play to RBCiv Rules to get a bonus in SGOTM1.

It has now been decided that for future SGOTM's that there will be an award for best Jason score, an award for lowest Jason score and and award for victory in the fewest turns (relative to best Jason date) for a "sponsored" variant.

Therefore RBCiv rules no longer apply at least to this game. (They may become woven in to a variant at some point in the future).

GOTM rules apply, and ship chaining is permitted.

Thanks Mistfit - got it now. I feel better knowing we can have some Cavalry on hand. As Gengis can attest... I'm "rather" fond of fast units. :D

Well, there we all were thinking ship chaining was verboten...

Let's have an expert run-through as to how to use ship chaining to its full effect, I doubt that my idea of having 2 fleets for double movement (or 3 for treble with fast units) is the be all and end all of ship chaining...

Ship chaining lets you take a group of troops(provided they start in a city & end in a city on another continent) get on a ship, jump ships a few dozen times, travel the entire ocean, unload in a city with movement left, and enter battle all that same turn. Provided you have enough ships in the right places of course.

Just got back in, will check out the save momentarily & post pre-turn thoughts after dinner.

[edit- And I tend to agree with the group concensous. If I take the time to set up & guard 8 galleons/transports, that I sure as hell deserve to be able to move troops faster.:lol: ]

I thought moves between ships cost one movement point?

[offtopic] Oh, by the way, no one in this thread is allowed to mention:

1) Soccer

2) Swiss referees

3) Portugal...

[pissed] :gripe: :thumbdown

They do........... if you move the troops.

However, if both Galleons are in the same square, you can wake the transported & the load them into the other galleon(with full movement), then proceed to your next ship that's set up. Rinse & repeat until you hit the other side.

Ah! So that's the trick...

Very much disallowed.

Like that perfectly legitimate goal.

Well after looking at the save for like 2 hours(a whole lot has changed), I'm ready to start.

I think we're pretty well set as far as our military goes(actually I think we have far more then we need, but I'll compromise and not disband anything or build more then artillary). Keep in mind, fighting a defensive war with railroads down is one of the easiest things to do in this game(especially in the age of cavalry).

I'm going to put "operation worker merge" on hold for a bit while we finish up those railroads & rearange our terrain for hospital use.

Anyone care if I do something drastic, we've got some far off pointless towns that aren't serving any purpose(like 8-10). They're putting us even further over our OCN, we're having to defend them when those same units could be better served elsewhere , they're extending our already vast borders, and between the troops guarding them and improvements in them they're costing for gold then they're making.
We're not going for domination, so any town that is costing us money & not strengthening our position in some way has got to go.

Any objections, thoughts or ideas?

@Gengis: Don't disband anything on those tundra islands. I strongly suspect those are there for a reason, and I suspect that reason is oil. (We actually don't have a lot of desert...)

As far as the other towns go... I'd like to know which ones you are talking about. I remember settling one outside the second ring that claims some Ivory. I wouldn't let that go... There's one up north that claims an incense. I wouldn't let that one go either. It seems like there's another that NP rushed a cultural improvement in to claim some coal....

If we keep the tundra islands, and keep the towns that claim a lux or resource, how many towns are we talking about? If they're jungle towns, shouldn't we at least hang on to them until we know where the rubber is?

Is oil even that nessasary? Worst case senario, we don't have oil & have to trade for it? That money just goes into someone elses research. Is a chance at having oil worth throwing away 10+gpt from those cities from now till Refining? IMHO no, but I'll go with the group.

I'm not going to abandon any city that has a luxury, but thats few cities and far more are just there for no reason.

Hang on to Jungle towns?? You do remember what our start was like? Half our towns were jungle towns. Due to the resources being placed in the very begining of the game, any jungle(with rubber) that has alreadt been chopped down when we get Rep Parts will still contain rubber. It's just we won't have a chance to catch rubber respawning in non-jungle tiles. I don't think rubber will even remotly be a problem.

I would only do that if it meant the survival of England, and only after we discover Refining. I am convinced that one of those two islands will have oil.... though knowing my luck, it will be under that crappy little Japanese town.

You know, it's a good thing this isn't Vanilla, or we might have to deal with Portugal, and perhaps the Dutch, with their Swiss Refer... er, um, I mean, Swiss Mercenaries...

Currently England is in control of 83 tiles so we may need to eventually intervene. I can't remember if she is currently at war with France or not. But the last I knew Joanie was trying to "Sock Her" around.

Nice avatar Scout :goodjob:

That's actually a really good idea mistfit.

So does that mean I can selectivly disband a city or two?

Top Bottom