Fixed AI mod?

Shadovv01f

Chieftain
Hey there. I looked for a specific mod on steam but it was hard to search for it. I hope someone might know a mod like the one I describe.

Im on the lookout for a mod that will not necessarily make AI smarter or play the game well but instead keep a relation in game better. I am always sad to see a civ I have always been friends with for the whole game just backstab me. Of coarse they often do this for somewhat good reasons but other times they just seem to hate me for no reason after making a defensive pact.

What i'm looking for will allow civs to develop relations between each other and form distinct alliances similar to the ones before WW1 broke out. If this exists please let me know! Thanks

Unless you try to warmonger, you can always form "alliances" if you play your cards right with the AI.

The AI also never hates you for "no reason." That reason could even be as straightforward as "they covet your land" but if you've been on good terms before that alone isn't going to make them backstab you.

Unless they're Attila or Dido, that is.

I don't think anyone would disagree that the AI and its clarity could/should be improved, but I don't know if there's a mod for it and you can pretty much mostly control the AI as is.

The AI is not hating you for no reason. If it is really perplexing, please be encouraged to describe what is going on or to post saves.

Of course they often do this for somewhat good reasons but other times they just seem to hate me for no reason after making a defensive pact.

When I first started playing, I was sure this was true, and the lead designer has even written about it:

In Civ 5, you might have been lifelong allies with a leader, but once you enter the late-game he has no qualms backstabbing you in order to win. With this being the case, what's the point of investing in relationships at all? ... The computer opponents in Civ 5 were completely enslaved to their gameplay situation, and as a result they appeared random and very little of their personalities shone through. They were all crazy, and in the exact same way.

The above was written before GnK, and certainly I have gotten much more familiar with the AIs, but in any case, it does seem to me that the backstabs happen less often, and most times I can see them coming. The two suggestions I have for you are (1) build a few more units, and (2) expect a DoW anytime an AI goes from Hostile to Friendly.

What i'm looking for will allow civs to develop relations between each other and form distinct alliances similar to the ones before WW1 broke out. If this exists please let me know!

After Ideologies, absent my bribing “friends” to attack each other, I see these kind of distinct alliances forming most games. I would like to see good relations having a stronger influence on ideology choice, but the three factions firm up pretty quickly in my experience.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

Top Bottom