Pony units

Harald B

Warlord
(I don't usually make threads about my pony mods, but with all the work that went into this particular one I feel like showing off a bit.)

Pony units

Talking pony leaders and huge amounts of pony icons and art are all nice and good, but one thing was sorely lacking: pony unit models. Until now! :D When I saw clanky4 had pony units in his CivIV mod, I knew I had to convert them, and he has even been so kind as to make more units specifically for me to convert for this mod.

Spoiler :

Pony versions are included for all base units except vehicles. Also, Changeling versions are included for 20 units.

I do have this terrible urge to find a mod with these models in and use it with my near-future mod, so I can have high-tech machines fighting ponies. X3

But I had to laugh at the fact that the Great Prophet pony is the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE! XD

Oh, this is brilliant, and I'm not an MLP fan either (I don't dislike it or anything, just haven't watched it). I might just have to include an MLP civilization as an AI opponent so I can include this :) Great work!

And I'm happy to see someone going this length to make replacements for the default units for a non-human civilization - I am considering doing something similar for the Koopa Troop (i.e. making human units Koopas).

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've now updated the mod to add the Caravan and make the archer arrows normal-sized. (Bit of a drag, that. If you import units from CivIV yourself and want to use Civ5 effects, be sure to save yourself some time by importing at the right size right away.)

(Bit of a drag, that. If you import units from CivIV yourself and want to use Civ5 effects, be sure to save yourself some time by importing at the right size right away.)

Yes, that's one of the problems with Skajaquada's WH40K models... he scales them up in-game so the effects end up HUGE. :(

Wow that's...pretty amazing. Question, though? Would it/could it be limited to just one pony civilization that has pony units? For example, if I wanted to be a human nation that coexisted with a pony nation, would that work?

Certainly. The mod I put up uses the cultural variation system, giving the pony units only to civs with _PONY as their ArtStyleSuffix.

Top Bottom