regalman's Map Factory

regalman

Reckless Dolphin
Map Factory

Back in Business

Map template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mxydfmhxeszpca/Map_dds_template.dds?dl=0

Requested Maps:
1. Kingdom of the Vandals
2. Free Folks
3. Estonia
4. Turkmenistan
5. United States (1849)

Rules:
1. Please provide a reference map(often times I won't use it, but I just need to know if there is a map for that civilization)
2. Due to time constraints, I may reject requests that do not capture my interest. I'm sorry but time is valuable too :p

This is the kind of quality I try to achieve by myself. :cringe: Apparently I need to add more flower decals to them.

Seriously though - this the kind of quality I've only seen jan produce. (Maybe a couple other people too, I don't know) Keep it up :thumbsup:

This is the kind of quality I try to achieve by myself. :cringe: Apparently I need to add more flower decals to them.

Seriously though - this the kind of quality I've only seen jan produce. (Maybe a couple other people too, I don't know) Keep it up :thumbsup:

ohhh maann, you compare me to JAN :D
dont forget sukritact

ohhh maann, you compare me to JAN :D
dont forget sukritact
Now hold on, I'll need to see how well you do with icons and leaderscenes first. ;)
I just hope JFD doesn't come after me for comparing someone to his #1 artist:
JFD is a very scary guy. I'd better watch my mouth. O.o
I think Pouakai and Harasar also make pretty good maps. But I never did, until now, realize how much flower decals add to the maps.

Pouakai does a pretty great job too; wait until you see the Maori :D And of course Leugi has long been a great map maker.

But yes; these are great, and very in-keeping with the strange BNW-style of randomly using flowers as decorations :p If only I had something to request!

Now hold on, I'll need to see how well you do with icons and leaderscenes first. ;)
I just hope JFD doesn't come after me for comparing someone to his #1 artist:

Of course, nothing can truly compare to Jan's work. He is the Holy Roman Emperor of art. But if AggressiveWimp happens to disappear from the forums.. you'll know why... :shifty:

Amazing, simply amazing. I really need to step it up with my maps.

Anyways, do you think you could explain how you make those flowers fit in there? Like which filters do you use and such, or do you draw them yourself?
I tried it with a couple of my maps but it always looks messy.

Great job! The map template you use must be simply stunning :p

Incredible art work! Comparable with the best on this forums.
Amazing!

If I may be the first request then... My azande Civilization have a 'map', but it is worse than if I let a dead raccoon 10 minutes alone with Paint.
Could you help me with that? :D

thanks!! I will absolutely do the map! would this be their map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Zandeland_location.png ?

Amazing, simply amazing. I really need to step it up with my maps.

Anyways, do you think you could explain how you make those flowers fit in there? Like which filters do you use and such, or do you draw them yourself?
I tried it with a couple of my maps but it always looks messy.

ahh the flowers are my favourite part. They instantly add so much to the map. For the Sikh and Safavid maps, they were made from scratch with a wacom tablet. For the Ashanti map, I found some suitable stock photos after searching "cacao beans clipart".

Flowers are very easy with a graphic tablet

here's how to do them(dont forget to create a new photoshop file):
1. make the central stem and the other branches with any colour you like
2. make some leafs( only one is necessary, just copy that and use free transform)
3. now add drop shadow to all these layers, and even inner glow/shadow if it makes them look better
4.now the flowers will be complicated. you can just google the ones you want to draw and mimic their colours and shape in photoshop, but then you will get used to drawing them and you wont need google anymore :)
5. dont forget drop shadow, and use some light textures on leafs/ flowers/ stem if it makes them look better.
6. if the deco you made doesnt work well with the map, try using the hue layer on them when over the map, but it should only be for them, not the map

hope that helps :)

Great job! The map template you use must be simply stunning :p
;)

Your maps are stunningly good! Would you perhaps be able to help me with an art update for my Siberian Khanate civ? Basis for the map is here:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Siberian_Khanate_map_English.svg

gotya!

@regalman: Could you do a map for Switzerland please? I'm making a Swiss civ in honor of becoming a citizen soon (ambitiously hoping to release on August 1st the national holiday), and a map is one thing I really need. If possible please use mountains like the Matterhorn for decoration and chocolate and cheese for embellishment... the only cities I really want on it are Zürich, Bern, Geneva, and Lugano, but add your favorite as well as long as it's not too close to any of those.
Thanks!:D

Top Bottom