Goody huts

qqqbbb

Prince
How do I enable goody huts that spawn barbarians? Adding GOODY_BARBARIANS_WEAK and GOODY_BARBARIANS_STRONG to CIV5HandicapInfos.xml does not work. Is it hardcoded?

My own concoction for various unit-related things. Here's the specific code that might help you (insert a line for each difficulty level that you want to affect).

Code:
INSERT INTO HandicapInfo_Goodies
		(HandicapType,			GoodyType)
VALUES	('HANDICAP_PRINCE',		'GOODY_BARBARIANS_WEAK');

Make sure you're editing the correct XML file for the version of the game you are playing

Vanilla: ...\Assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5HandicapInfos.xml
G&K: ...\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5HandicapInfos.xml
BNW: ...\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5HandicapInfos.xml

(Which is one of the reasons it's better to make changes like this via a mod ;) )

I edited correct XML files but I tested it by placing goody huts with IGE and they seem to not spawn barbarians. Regular goody huts work as expected.

Is code that places barbarians when your unit enters a goody hut hardcoded ?

Do you mean placing goody huts or barbarian camps with IGE?

Goody Huts are improvements, doesn't matter how you place them (map script, IGE or FireTuner) they will behave the same. (The same is not true for Barb Camps though.)

There are however some conditions you may not be meeting using IGE vs map script placed goody huts

No Barbs if you don't have a capital. If you only have a capital, no barbs unless the goody hut is more than 7 tiles away

Goody Huts are improvements, doesn't matter how you place them (map script, IGE or FireTuner) they will behave the same. (The same is not true for Barb Camps though.)

There are however some conditions you may not be meeting using IGE vs map script placed goody huts

No Barbs if you don't have a capital. If you only have a capital, no barbs unless the goody hut is more than 7 tiles away

Well that also explains why it didn't work when I experimented with it for my Barbarian Spawn Increase mod.

Top Bottom