Game of Thrones

Hi everybody.

I have always the same problem with the mods of civ5.

I follow all and each steps and download the mods in the correct folder.....then when i mark, in this case the ezraingram mod and click in set game...never , never , nerver and ever i can choose the factions and leaders of Song of ice and fire, instead of these the game put the usual list of game´s leaders and neither let me choose the map of the mod. :confused::rolleyes:

Could anybody help me please?.

PD: Sorry about my english, i´m spaniard.

minus the fact the i do speak english, im having the same issue. I can get the map and scenario to load but it randomizes my leader from the normal choices. I see you asked if someone is running the old CIV5 there is a chance i am. how would i know and rectify the situation.

also this thread is why i joined the board and the reason im excited to play civ 5 again. so help appreciated

caniac78: The version number should be at the bottom of the main menu screen.

How to activate mods:
Spoiler How to activate mods :
If you have a version prior to patch .674, you go into the MODS menu to start a game. You can start a game with your prior selected mods by hitting SINGLE PLAYER, but if you want to change which mods are active, you hit BROWSE MODS to select the mods by checking the circles on the right (and from there you could also browse the online Mod server). You then hit BACK, and choose SINGLE PLAYER (from the Mods menu, not the Main Menu) to start a modded game.

After patch .674 they changed the Mod Browser to Steam. Now when you go into the MODS menu, it goes straight into the mod activation area. You check the circles on the right as necessary, then hit NEXT. Eventually you'll see a confirmation with all the activated mods listed, and you then hit SINGLE PLAYER to start a modded game. The BROWSE MODS Steam overlay never works for me; I have to manually go to the Steam Workshop website to Subscribe to mods. Eventually the mods will download and unzip themselves automatically (I usually have to go into the mod screen and come back).

caniac78: The version number should be at the bottom of the main menu screen.

How to activate mods:

After patch .674 they changed the Mod Browser to Steam. Now when you go into the MODS menu, it goes straight into the mod activation area. You check the circles on the right as necessary, then hit NEXT. Eventually you'll see a confirmation with all the activated mods listed, and you then hit SINGLE PLAYER to start a modded game. The BROWSE MODS Steam overlay never works for me; I have to manually go to the Steam Workshop website to Subscribe to mods. Eventually the mods will download and unzip themselves automatically (I usually have to go into the mod screen and come back).[/SPOILER]

ok so I have.705

when you say MODS menu. ehh what that? and mod activation area???

I dont see a mods menu. is this when im in steam and not when the game is launched? I know im really slow on the uptake here. but can you step by step tell me how to do this.

okI do have a MAC so most of that I progressed, until i came to the Front end. then the Main menu option wasnt under front end. it was under screens and nothing was in in the
man menu file

down vote
accepted
+400
The Mods button is disabled in the MainMenu.lua file. To re-enable this button you will need to navigate to the MainMenu.lua file, open it with a text editor (like TextWrangler) and comment out line 33.

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/UI/FrontEnd/MainMenu.lua

Assuming you use Steam

The line is:

Controls.ModsButton:SetHide( true );

To comment it out simply add two hyphens like this:

-- Controls.ModsButton:SetHide( true );

This should re-enable the Mods button on the Main Menu.

Some mods work and some do not, it seems rather hit or miss. If you have a xxxx.Civ5Mod file use something like Ez7z to expand the file which will create a folder that you can then put in your MODS folder which should be similar to this: (Depending on which version of Civil you have)

~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/ or ~/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/ depending on whether you have changed the setting to use the Library instead of Documents.

If your problem is that you have G+K, then there's apparently another file you need to edit. Read this post. If you have problems, post in the thread that I just linked, because this isn't the right place for this discussion. Good luck.

Hey guys!

First off, I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this. I've been playing the Civ series for a long time (since Civ II), and I love ASOIAF!

I finished the books a little over a week ago, and avoided downloading this mod until then to avoid any spoilers. After sifting through the whole thread, I finally got it running some last night. I was able to get the map and civs right, but the starting positions were all wrong. Other than that, it looks good though. I'm hoping to have time to work on fixing that tonight. (Any help would be appreciated!)

Anyway, I haven't put in enough time to see the whole map yet (only a few hours last night), but I was wondering how big it is. I have minimal modding experience, but I do have some, albeit with older CIV games. I think it would be cool to use the Lands of Ice and Fire map pack to make a really accurate map. I'd be happy to do this, but I'd need some tips for how to start modding in Civ V.

I also have some more suggestions for unit/tech/building/wonder updates, but I'll wait until I've played more on here to post any of that. If there's any other (non-graphical) modding work that needs to be done, I'm a quick learner at coding so I'd be happy to take on some tasks. Feel free to delegate! The best way to reach me is through email- there's a link in my profile on here.

Thanks again!

Hi everyone.
I'm new to the board here. I'm running Civ5 (not with G&K yet) here and tried quite a few mods already. I liked this one much, however it was not yet enough Game of Thrones for me. I basically adjusted the Map with all the cities and corrected some geographical stuff. Then I removed the Settlers. At that point the scenario still works.

Now as a next thing I want to add some dragons. I don't have any graphics yet, so referring to the ones from the BOMBER and STEALTH_BOMBER for now. So my approach is to just add another XML with the stuff for the dragons:

Spoiler :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ThEfT on 11/30/2012 3:22:35 PM -->
<GameData>
<Units>

<Row>
<Class>UNITCLASS_DRAGON</Class>
<Type>UNIT_DRAGON</Type>
<PrereqTech>TECH_SUMMER_TAX</PrereqTech>
<Special>SPECIALUNIT_STEALTH</Special>
<RangedCombat>50</RangedCombat>
<Cost>5000</Cost>
<Moves>2</Moves>
<Immobile>true</Immobile>
<Range>10</Range>
<CombatClass>UNITCOMBAT_BOMBER</CombatClass>
<Domain>DOMAIN_AIR</Domain>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ATTACK_AIR</DefaultUnitAI>
<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_UNITS_MODERN_STEALTHBOMBER_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_DRAGON</Help>
<MilitarySupport>true</MilitarySupport>
<MilitaryProduction>true</MilitaryProduction>
<IgnoreBuildingDefense>true</IgnoreBuildingDefense>
<Mechanized>true</Mechanized>
<AdvancedStartCost>70</AdvancedStartCost>
<AirUnitCap>1</AirUnitCap>
<RangedCombatLimit>100</RangedCombatLimit>
<CombatLimit>0</CombatLimit>
<XPValueAttack>3</XPValueAttack>
<XPValueDefense>1</XPValueDefense>
<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_STEALTH_BOMBER</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitFlagIconOffset>79</UnitFlagIconOffset>
<IconAtlas>UNIT_ATLAS_2</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>37</PortraitIndex>
<MoveRate>AIR_REBASE</MoveRate>
</Row>
<Row>
<Class>UNITCLASS_DRAGON_SM</Class>
<Type>UNIT_DRAGON_SM</Type>
<PrereqTech>TECH_FEUDALISM</PrereqTech>
<RangedCombat>10</RangedCombat>
<Cost>2000</Cost>
<Moves>2</Moves>
<Immobile>true</Immobile>
<Range>3</Range>
<Special>SPECIALUNIT_FIGHTER</Special>
<CombatClass>UNITCOMBAT_BOMBER</CombatClass>
<Domain>DOMAIN_AIR</Domain>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ATTACK_AIR</DefaultUnitAI>
<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON_SM</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_INDUSTRIAL_BOMBER_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON_SM_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_DRAGON_SM</Help>
<MilitarySupport>true</MilitarySupport>
<MilitaryProduction>true</MilitaryProduction>
<IgnoreBuildingDefense>true</IgnoreBuildingDefense>
<Mechanized>true</Mechanized>
<AdvancedStartCost>50</AdvancedStartCost>
<AirUnitCap>1</AirUnitCap>
<RangedCombatLimit>100</RangedCombatLimit>
<CombatLimit>0</CombatLimit>
<XPValueAttack>3</XPValueAttack>
<XPValueDefense>1</XPValueDefense>
<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_BOMBER</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitFlagIconOffset>64</UnitFlagIconOffset>
<IconAtlas>UNIT_ATLAS_2</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>18</PortraitIndex>
<MoveRate>AIR_REBASE</MoveRate>
</Row>
</units>

<Unit_AITypes>
<Row>
<UnitType>UNIT_DRAGON</UnitType>
<UnitAIType>UNITAI_ATTACK_AIR</UnitAIType>
</Row>
<Row>
<UnitType>UNIT_DRAGON_SM</UnitType>
<UnitAIType>UNITAI_ATTACK_AIR</UnitAIType>
</Row>
</Unit_AITypes>

<Unit_ClassUpgrades>
<Row>
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_STEALTH_BOMBER</UnitClassType>
</Row>
</Unit_ClassUpgrades>

<Unit_Flavors>
<Row>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_OFFENSE</FlavorType>
<Flavor>10</Flavor>
</Row>
<Row>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_OFFENSE</FlavorType>
<Flavor>10</Flavor>
</Row>
</Unit_Flavors>

<Unit_FreePromotions>
<Row>
<PromotionType>PROMOTION_NAVAL_PENALTY</PromotionType>
</Row>
<Row>
<PromotionType>PROMOTION_NAVAL_PENALTY</PromotionType>
</Row>
</Unit_FreePromotions>

<UnitClasses>
<Row>
<Type>UNITCLASS_DRAGON</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON</Description>
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_DRAGON</DefaultUnit>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>UNITCLASS_DRAGON_SM</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON_SM</Description>
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_DRAGON_SM</DefaultUnit>
</Row>
</UnitClasses>

<Language_en_US>
<Row>
<tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON_SM</tag>
<Text>Baby Dragon</Text>
</Row>
<Row>
<tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON_SM_STRATEGY</tag>
<Text>A small flying dragon. Not strong yet but will become so.</Text>
</Row>
<Row>
<tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_DRAGON_SM</tag>
<Text>Daenerys Targaryen got a gift of 3 dragon eggs made of stone. She managed to get them born and now they are assisting on her mission to get on the iron throne. They are still small but can already be harmful. Hopefully they will grow soon. Other houses are also reserching how to obtain the might of the dragons, so the unit is open for every civilization, however very expensive. So if you do not already have a Baby Dragon you might not want to invest that much.</Text>
</Row>
<Row>
<tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON</tag>
<Text>Dragon</Text>
</Row>
<Row>
<tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_DRAGON_STRATEGY</tag>
<Text>A huge dragon that can burn enemy units and cities.</Text>
</Row>
<Row>
<tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_DRAGON</tag>
<Text>The huge dragons know from the history of Aegon I. They are might and powerful flying fire-breathers. Other houses are also reserching how to obtain the might of the dragons, so the unit is open for every civilization, however very expensive. So if you do not already have a dragon or baby dragons you might not want to invest that much.</Text>
</Row>
</Language_en_US>

</GameData>

I've researched a lot already and I think this XML is absolutely fine. However, when I add it to my .modinfo at the end:

<UpdateDatabase>XML/Units/Dragons.xml</UpdateDatabase>

Of course I have previously added the file above with the correct hash:
<File md5="d8659ac85cde7be25f15d30c2efa1d82" import="1">XML/Units/Dragons.xml</File>

It is not working at all. Even worse, if I add it further above, all other updates are not being executed. Adding it directly into the CIV5Units.xml from Kwadjh also failed. I tried really a lot already but am pretty new to the topic. The logs remain empty and the values from my XML are not being stored in the database. Another symptom is that WorldBuilder is not showing the new units but the other units as duplicated in the list when creating a unit there.

Can someone review this please or maybe test it with the same mod on his end?
Also it would be cool if someone would have arts for the small and big dragons - I'm not too good with graphics.
I think my MOD will be very nice at the end and I'm open to share it with everyone then.

UPDATE: I've also rebuilt the structure with ModBuddy just to make sure there's nothing wrong with the .modinfo but still the same, the units aren't applied and I cannot select them in WorldBuilder.

Okay, looks like I finally got it running with ModBuddy. Not exactly sure what the issue was but it could be that a VFS=True was missing somewhere.

I hope there are still some of you curious on Game of Thrones. So if there's someone who could assist with the graphics for the dragons, this would be great. I'll do some further fine tuning and then I can probably offer you something nice.

I'm also thinking about a concept of a unit "Heir". Ideally it could be used to generate friendship with city states (marriage with a lord from there). Maybe it's possible to realize this by giving this Heir unit as a gift to the city state. Also, this Heir unit should be able to get captured (like Workers). A re-capture and offering to give it back to its original owner should then generate a very large amount of either gold or friendship.

Do you think this is possible and if so, do you have any ideas how to do it?
Also, do you know if it's possible to build a unit in WorldBuilder that was formerly owned by a different Civ? I'd like to pre-define some hostages, e.g. Sansa Stark already being captured by Cersei.

Well, look at the City State Diplomacy Mod, they have Diplomat Units that are used up for influence there.

I have to take a look att this mod again sometimes, before I can say anything of substance...

Just a little hello.

Since one of the latest patch, the game keep crashing each time I try to load a mod involving new graphics, like RED from Gedemon or Game of Thrones... I haven't be able to solve the problem and give up for the moment. It's probably link to my configuration (software / hardware), so it will take some time before I start modding again. :(

But I am really happy, that some of you continue to work on the mod.

you can find stuff to implement a dragon right here :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18579

Have a nice day.
Kwadjh

I'll see that I can get it in.

I'm still working on the game balance. But would anyone want to have my latest mod already once I have the dragons in? It would be good to get some feedback.

I've added the graphics of that Drake to my Bomber and Stealth Bomber air unit but it's displaying simply nothing for the unit now. Strange... was that Drake meant to be a different kind of unit?

Another issue I have is that when a Heir is captured it loses it's original name and e.g. Sansa Stark will become a simple "Lannister Heir".

The Drake was design to be a melee unit. The animations will probably not work properly.

Try a scale of... <fScale>100.14</fScale> just to be sure, it's just not too small.

I've added the graphics of that Drake to my Bomber and Stealth Bomber air unit but it's displaying simply nothing for the unit now. Strange... was that Drake meant to be a different kind of unit?

Yes, not seeing the graphics is because of scale issue (assuming all else in the Art Defines is correct). I used this twice in Faerun Scenario. Three units on a tile was scaled at 37. One unit on a tile was scaled at 74.

Yes, was a scaling issue. Thanks for that. The animations could probably be better (like a fire spear to the ground or so) but I think it is sufficient for now. I'm still working on game balance whenever I have time. If anyone wants to have a look as well, let me know.

Oh and, do you know if it is possible to make the AIs more aggressive (Cersai is always making peace to either Stannis or Robb) or define permanent war only for some civs, not for all?

Top Bottom