SevoMod 3

The Shinto mod should be included in a future Sevomod. Perhaps increasing the limit for religious victory to say 75 percent of the world population would make it sufficiently difficult to achieve. I've personally never seen anything above 25 percent because early in the game you're too spread out to spam a religion that quickly and in the later game, there are many competing religions. Between the addition of Shinto and the 75 percent limit, it should be a challenging victory condition:cool:

Bugs and glitches definitely happen... maybe it has something to do with me having my graphics settings set to low detail?

Anyway, I found something else, and I think this one really does affect gameplay. It seems to be related to tech conquest. After taking a barb city, My beakers went to a maxed out number (28610720) and stayed there. I was then able to research a good number of techs at one turn each. This happened for multiple turns, and then the research pace seemed to go back to normal. I tested this by going into the worldbuilder, pumping myself enough units to immediately attack the Polish, and again, same thing. Here are some screenies, and I've got a few saves you can play with too, if you like.

By the way, here's a link to the religious victory thread. I tried to win one in an unmodded game, and it was amazingly hard to achieve.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144052

Still a great mod. Soon you'll be mentioned with the same reverence as Rhye in the civ3 area. Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 555
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 426
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 424
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 411
I must be lucky 108kb/s on file front woohoo!!!!

hey misterdie I had the same thing happen me does anyone know what is happening . I am really wanting to play this mod . the firstmod was awesome . the little I played was very enjoy able.

I started off at a sucky 38k now im down 8.5.

As for partying all night then making love to a hot woman twice your age most 70 year old woman I know are in bed by 9pm :undecide: I guess I could party on my own and wake her up in the morning for some love

Just looking at the new units those pink Phalanx guys look like somthing out of a gay pride march can't wait for Alexzander to tell to fear his purple headed spearmen.:eek:

in the research window, while selecting various techs, they don't show these aqua blue/green state that I selected them. when I exit the screen and go back into the screen, it does show me i selected them like i did. Think it's just a screen-update error of the research window. All it needs is a update-screen command after clicking with the mouse button :) view the attachments.

P.s people, please keep this forum kinda sevo-3 related..I know it's frustrating to download at 10kb..but I managed to do it, just be patiently! :) if you have info about problems, keep them restricted to sevo-3 or general gameplay issues, bad connections or download servers are nothing sevo can work around anyway, and he's too busy for all of us already anyway. imagine all the work a man puts into this!!! I admire his intelligence, manageing qualities, and overview on such a large project as this, please keep it a little bit easier for him by just putting here what belongs here.

merci :)

the phoenicians have a pink/purple colour in the listing on the lower-right corner of the screen, they have this colour also when i move over their territory, but on the map they look as blue as the sea.

oh, units have the blue colour also.

oh and btw, if again!!! someone complains about me having SD4Hide, I have a LEGAL COPY of civ4!!! I use this program because Take2 says:"if your DVD brakes, you must buy the game again" and I do not agree with this policy! I bought the game legal, the CODING! not the DVD! And I see no point in buying it again when I get some inreparable scratches on it. So i just use a mounted version with SD4hide to spare my LEGAL DVD! so please, don't comment on my SD4Hide icon anymore. so please, spare me the whining :)

Mod sounds excellent, looking forward to trying it all :D

Perhaps you could use BitTorrent to share the file? Not sure if it would be any faster than it is now but its a thought.

Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work :D

ehm, dunno if this is a bug, but I changed The Hague(dutch) into Den Haag, because that's the name of the City, but then names of the next cities are also The Hague, it doesn't pick the next name in the list. so, Wanted to rename the Den Haag back into The Hague, but somehow I cannot change city names in he sevo 2.9? dunno if it's a bug, bust just posting it. correct me if im wrong, maybe im doing something false..I'll delete this post then.

Was chopping changed? Just started a game, went to bronze working, but didnt get any hammers from chopping. Taken out alltogether? Need another tech? Buggy? The Easter Bunny stole my hammers?

I'll confirm that I'm having crashing issues now too (didn't before the patch, or installing Sevo's mod).

I've tried restarting the game and loading saved games (both self made and auto) as well as rebooting and doing the same thing, but those games won't load (I just get more crashes). :cry:

Not sure how I can help describe the problem, or suggest to you what it might be, aside from supporting the observations of others and verifying that there is indeed a crash issue.

Another problem some people may have noticed are "Purple portraits". This doesn't occur for all the new civilizations, but indeed for some of them. I've noticed this in the civ selection screen (Play Now), not sure if the same issue occurs in game.

Best of luck tackling these issues Sevo, thanks for the constant effort.

I tried to open a city window and got this python error over and over again:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 585, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 839, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 2677, in updateCityScreen

AttributeError: 'CyCity' object has no attribute 'getVisibleDefenseModifier'
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

I also had a look at your modifications of the KillList, namely how you check if a unit is upgraded. You seem to have only two preconditions: the owner and the creation date of the unit. If you create a unit and lose one on the same turn, the created one is assumed to be an upgrade of the lost one.

It is true that most units are created at the end of your turn, but there are many cases where your two conditions are met without an actual upgrade taking place:

a) an ordinary unit is built at the end of your turn and you then lose a unit during an AI's turn (which is the same turn technically) - this only happens if the battle happens before the first AI unit is created, but this is certainly possible in the early game or if you wage war against the AI player whose turn is right after yours.

b) you get a unit through a goody hut and then lose another unit in battle.

c) you draft a unit and then lose another unit in battle.

d) a unit is gifted to you and you then lose another unit in battle.

I simulated cases a) and b) and successfully transferred a kill list to a newly created unit.

Yyyrgh. No. Aaargh. Yes. Must not..... Bad Sevo. Mmmmmmwah!

Luvit luvit luvit !

Spanish version not display almost any text (civilization name, techs, ...).

:(

plz dont use 7-zip... I cant never open it with winrar and now I tried 7-zip and all I get is a bunch of error message when unpacking the sevo mod.

Top Bottom