Keldath addons

Sorry for didnt reply yesterdaym played only today..
Well, the AI seems to be as stupid as before/vanilla...lol :p
Are you doing something about it? other thing that I hate is that AI dont declare war much in other AI hehe

Arlborn said:
[…] other thing that I hate is that AI dont declare war much in other AI hehe
If you like war, I have implemented a nice feature in my mod. I have included an always war option, but it’s different from the one in the vanilla civ4. In Civ4 always war means only you have war against all the other civs, but all the AI civs don’t have war against each other!
If you want to play a game in which everyone has war against each other you only have to open the Monument.py file in the …assets/python directory and search for
“ always_WAR = 0 ”. Change it to “always_WAR = 1” and you will have war against all the other players not in your team (e.g. team 1). IMPORTANT: If you use this setting in a new game use the "always war" and "permanent war/peace" option in the custom game options – else you will have a lot of annoying diplomacy popups.

It’s a funny game if you like wars :) muhahaha ;)

Arlborn
hi how are you :)?

well -i know the a.i sucks.....

but you can use girs always war above!

to my next version -
ill try to make the a.i the most aggressive i will be able,
once sevo gets his warlords mod,
ill make aplay test with my new ai configs,
and ill release it,

as everyone ,
im so anxcius to see that already!

it is not about always war...although it is fun yeah :)
but my complaint is not that there isnt enough war...building up empires serves the purpose on devastating wars(even if there are a few every 100turns) anyway....

my concern is, the computer doesn't fight rationally..if I know the computer has 4large cities heavily defended, but let's say he has 3 oil sources, I make sure to have 3 Aircraft carriers standing by, special units, spies, etc etc, to tackle them sources...even if i loose the first battles, and forces to get into defence on land units, if i'll be able to crack his oil production, i can rebuild my armored devisions while he cannot...this kind of strategy(forcing a stronger bigger empire on the knees by setting different approaches to combat a stronger enemy) is not implemented in a good way in civ4.

also, stack attacks are dumb was written in civ4 manual..but, it's a fact, 20planes in my closest city to the enemy's, 10tanks, 5artilly, 15various troops, is a garantee to even destroy a heavily guarded city...stack attack does pay off still...not against a human player(he'll use 10artilly against my stack to eliminates the thread) but the comp? he's too stupid to do this...

especially, i think the computer holds alot of his units as backup...while when i build up, i keep my units devided over the country, in case war brakes out, i have the abilty to defend on all borders...once im at war, i know he's comming from the east, so 80% of my attack force is going to the east of my empire, 20% attack force stays west/north/south in case of someone comes in with amphibious attacks or so...of my defence forces i leave mostly 3 or 4 units in every city...my 20% attack force left should be able to weaken any enemy attack enough to disable them capturing my city...even if 1 city faces defeat, i fast transport 1unit from any other city to the city under attack..

while my main force is getting into the enemies territory...now, the computer really spreads his forces..6-10units in every city..so i beat every single army of him one after the other...if he would be human, he'd focus his main force also against mine to use the benefit of defending..i would reconsider my attack, and overthink retreating after to many losses, that's how a human would respond, taking risk, you know you'll loose anyway if you dont do nothing and wait for the enemy to conquer 1 city after the other...you'd go for it, order your units for a final defence and get the overweight back on your side..your units heal alot faster then the enemies...

the computer doesnt know this...he doesnt act like this..
that's what i would change in AI...
in case of 1big army rolling into your empire(first focus troops to eliminate this threat) that's the part missing in the AI...bomb with all the planes my troops, artillery on my units, use not 2 or 3 artillery, use 10of them, then all the units you got, even defending, brake the attack...then go in enemy terrotory with 3 or 4 units to spy on weak spots...there focus the counterattack(after your attacking enemy has been thriven out of your empire)
this is a common succesfull strategy...but the computer has no idea about this, where i always 100% have success using this strategy against the computer..

on a continentsmap..the computer doesnt understand that naval supremence is THE way to win the wars...i never win because i have more tanks, i never win because i have more soldiers ...i win because i make sure my naval force is always double the size of any of my opponents...i'll build up my main large industry on islands, and keep them protected by the most deadly naval forces..i buidl nuclear subs and keep them on all oceans(mostly covering 40-60% of the oceans) to see what is comming, i have always 2-3 main naval battle groups(2carriers full loaded, 5battleships, 10destroyers, 10aegis, 10other ships, 3-4transports) i always have 2 or 3 of such groups..and then some smaller groups at ports to intercept any incoming hostile forces on sight by my subs...by controlling the seas...i control the game on continent maps...

AI is not aware of these tactics..he doesnt build large naval combat groups, he doesnt check the sea, he doesnt use preatemtive strikes, etc etc....but this is VITAL on a continent map...if you loose the ocean...the enemy can build up at ease, while keeping your sources under permanent bombards...and then i mostly gather my 2 or 3 main combat groups, load 60units onto my transports, and attack the computer at 1 point...my start of capturing the new continent...the computer would be wise to gather ALL his units to throw me off the continent ASAP, once he allows me a bridgehead, capturing a city or whatever...he's lost since he cannot intercept my supply lines of new troops(i control the sea, remember) but the comp is too stupid to keep only 2 or 3 units in each of his cities, and gather a force of 60-100units and throw me back into the ocean..he doesnt understand how important this first attempt of me is to gain foot on the continent...such logical desicions are programmable....but the makers of civ4 didnt implement such logik!! that what i would like to see someone doing...worse case scenario logik for the AI...if you know you'll loose by waiting:"DO NOT WAIT!!!"

there are alot of other complains about the AI of course...but it's all programmable ...just someone needs to do it :)

but my complaint is not that there isnt enough war...building up empires serves the purpose on devastating wars(even if there are a few every 100turns) anyway....

my concern is, the computer doesn't fight rationally..if I know the computer has 4large cities heavily defended, but let's say he has 3 oil sources, I make sure to have 3 Aircraft carriers standing by, special units, spies, etc etc, to tackle them sources...even if i loose the first battles, and forces to get into defence on land units, if i'll be able to crack his oil production, i can rebuild my armored devisions while he cannot...this kind of strategy(forcing a stronger bigger empire on the knees by setting different approaches to combat a stronger enemy) is not implemented in a good way in civ4.

also, stack attacks are dumb was written in civ4 manual..but, it's a fact, 20planes in my closest city to the enemy's, 10tanks, 5artilly, 15various troops, is a garantee to even destroy a heavily guarded city...stack attack does pay off still...not against a human player(he'll use 10artilly against my stack to eliminates the thread) but the comp? he's too stupid to do this...

especially, i think the computer holds alot of his units as backup...while when i build up, i keep my units devided over the country, in case war brakes out, i have the abilty to defend on all borders...once im at war, i know he's comming from the east, so 80% of my attack force is going to the east of my empire, 20% attack force stays west/north/south in case of someone comes in with amphibious attacks or so...of my defence forces i leave mostly 3 or 4 units in every city...my 20% attack force left should be able to weaken any enemy attack enough to disable them capturing my city...even if 1 city faces defeat, i fast transport 1unit from any other city to the city under attack..

while my main force is getting into the enemies territory...now, the computer really spreads his forces..6-10units in every city..so i beat every single army of him one after the other...if he would be human, he'd focus his main force also against mine to use the benefit of defending..i would reconsider my attack, and overthink retreating after to many losses, that's how a human would respond, taking risk, you know you'll loose anyway if you dont do nothing and wait for the enemy to conquer 1 city after the other...you'd go for it, order your units for a final defence and get the overweight back on your side..your units heal alot faster then the enemies...

in case of 1big army rolling into your empire(first focus troops to eliminate this threat) that's the part missing in the AI...bomb with all the planes my troops, artillery on my units, use not 2 or 3 artillery, use 10of them, then all the units you got, even defending, brake the attack...then go in enemy terrotory with 3 or 4 units to spy on weak spots...there focus the counterattack(after your attacking enemy has been thriven out of your empire)
this is a common succesfull strategy...but the computer has no idea about this, where i always 100% have success using this strategy against the computer..

on a continentsmap..the computer doesnt understand that naval supremence is THE way to win the wars...i never win because i have more tanks, i never win because i have more soldiers ...i win because i make sure my naval force is always double the size of any of my opponents...i'll build up my main large industry on islands, and keep them protected by the most deadly naval forces..i buidl nuclear subs and keep them on all oceans(mostly covering 40-60% of the oceans) to see what is comming, i have always 2-3 main naval battle groups(2carriers full loaded, 5battleships, 10destroyers, 10aegis, 10other ships, 3-4transports) i always have 2 or 3 of such groups..and then some smaller groups at ports to intercept any incoming hostile forces on sight by my subs...by controlling the seas...i control the game on continent maps...

AI is not aware of these tactics..he doesnt build large naval combat groups, he doesnt check the sea, he doesnt use preatemtive strikes, etc etc....but this is VITAL on a continent map...if you loose the ocean...the enemy can build up at ease, while keeping your sources under permanent bombards...and then i mostly gather my 2 or 3 main combat groups, load 60units onto my transports, and attack the computer at 1 point...my start of capturing the new continent...the computer would be wise to gather ALL his units to throw me off the continent ASAP, once he allows me a bridgehead, capturing a city or whatever...he's lost since he cannot intercept my supply lines of new troops(i control the sea, remember) but the comp is too stupid to keep only 2 or 3 units in each of his cities, and gather a force of 60-100units and throw me back into the ocean..he doesnt understand how important this first attempt of me is to gain foot on the continent...such logical desicions are programmable....but the makers of civ4 didnt implement such logik!! that what i would like to see someone doing...worse case scenario logik for the AI...if you know you'll loose by waiting:"DO NOT WAIT!!!"

there are alot of other complains about the AI of course...but it's all programmable ...just someone needs to do it :)

wow that was a long description about strategy....

acctually, im not that good of a player in civ 4,
ill try to implement this tactics.

well because of this ai -
i prefer to play only online against another human....so at least it can be interesting :)

you know,
there is a line on the a.i defenition on the leaderhead.xml,
that says the precentage the that the a.i will build units,
the highst number of ll civs,
is the barberians, their on 50 precent vuild units.

i wonder what will be if i put one civ on 90 %?
this should be intteresting dont you thing?
maybe i can set one a.i to be insane and build tons of troops?

i thing i war time - te a.i is doing a little better when he declares war on you, he send troops and attack, so ill try to change some settings to my next version.

currently in my game on mp,
i play test the first changes,
and well - it made the nguni empire to be very strong...

i have a qaustion though,

in other civ games,

like civ 3 or 2,

how did the a.i behaved? was he better then civ 4?

cheated badly

keldath said:
wow that was a long description about strategy....

acctually, im not that good of a player in civ 4,
ill try to implement this tactics.

well because of this ai -
i prefer to play only online against another human....so at least it can be interesting :)

you know,
there is a line on the a.i defenition on the leaderhead.xml,
that says the precentage the that the a.i will build units,
the highst number of ll civs,
is the barberians, their on 50 precent vuild units.

i wonder what will be if i put one civ on 90 %?
this should be intteresting dont you thing?
maybe i can set one a.i to be insane and build tons of troops?

i thing i war time - te a.i is doing a little better when he declares war on you, he send troops and attack, so ill try to change some settings to my next version.

currently in my game on mp,
i play test the first changes,
and well - it made the nguni empire to be very strong...

i have a qaustion though,

in other civ games,

like civ 3 or 2,

how did the a.i behaved? was he better then civ 4?

The AI in Civ2 was the biggest **** in the world haha, even the AI in civ1(prob cuz less options..) was better in my eyes(yes I played civ1 A LOT lol)..CIV3 AI was a bit like CIV4 AI I would say, but yes, in higher levels they cheated like hell...
Anyway I wouldent advice you to change the porcentage of AI builds, or their civilizations will be as easy as barbarians. You say barbarians focus 50% of build in militar, that is prob why in late game(already in middle game) they are so easy? coming with swordman while you already have cavalary, granadiers, etc? They dont focus enough in other aspects and them they get just owned cuz they are useing all the money and production only in militar prob..
You gotta change what mrgenie said, and not only put them agreesive..if I want them more agressive, I just put always war or agressive Ai options hehe

All we want is AI to be smarter and not a dumb-warlike :p

Ps: The most agressive Mod of CIV4 I ever played was Ancient Mediterran mod, they were all warlikes even against each other, but they was still not so smart about tatics hehe

Ps2: Actually, I prefer win by score or cutural victorys..maybe my posts didnt sound that but im a pacific and mostly defensive only player hehe, I just wanted them to be less dumb and more declaring war agaisnt each other, cuz while I get like 3 wars agaisnt me, in the same time other not-warlike civ like indian only get declared war againt them 1 time or so :p

Ps3: Yes gotta try that gir thing in a quick game only for fun :p

Ps4: Nah I dont find the AI that dumb hehe, if you cant chang much its np, but PLZ dont put them as total warlikes(and prob dumb hehe) cuz I dont like that much of wars hehe

LOL, i agree totally with arlborn, we want smarter AI, if i need a military AI, i can cheat him tons of units :)

the problem of the AI is, he seems to focus to much on building units...i mostly keep building units to a minimum(build everything i need for proper defence) but normally, when a AI declares war at me, i have 0,0000 abilities to strike him, however, since i put only minimal effords on just making sure to defend my empire(and i always keep in mind the strenght of the computer to be able to do this) i normally have the most cultivated empire, good tech, and my wealth is normally high enough to update my units aroung the game...the computer, even if he has more modern tech then me, he only can upgrade 10% of his armed forces to the most modern types...while i normally(since i also play defensive) are able to upgrade up to 90-100% if needed..

the computer is no match for my modern units, i focus my artillery on his most modern units, after which i totally destroy them, and then his less advanced units are a matter of blitzkrieg to take them out of power.

the time you get fighters, any AI will loose any war always..because he simply cannot think logically, he has 5modern fighters in 4 cities, and 15old fighters in 6cities, while i only have 8fighters build, but, since i only build 8 in comparison to his 20, i kept them modern and upgraded, hence, my 8modern shoot down his old like you shoot sitting ducks(i see alot of shot down when modern vs old planes) since i focus all 8 i have on the 2 cities where he attacks me every turn..it's a matter of time when my 4fighters in 1 city and 4 in the other(mostly supported by sam units) shoot down his 15old plus his 5modern fighters..the computer doesnt understand to attack 1 of my cities will full force of all his 20fighters in 1 turn to reduce defenses, then reduce my units with the strike option, then in the same turn come with 4artillery to do the rest of the job, after which he only needs 5-10units(even old ones) to capture my city...
there are so many easy simple tricks a human player knows to play and the AI doesnt..but really, they are so simple tricks..i dont know why they havent been implemented in the AI codes.....i did some c++ myself when i was younger, one thing i have learned, if you can presizely describe the problem by logical operators, you can program it on a computer. and the above mentioned tactics are logical to describe...but i think it's not in the xml..here only % and numbers are described...what you need to do, is change the source of the AI....
give him a few more routines, and hell of alot more IF statements
IF(enemy city=10units && my cities total fighters=20)
gahter them all at nearest point of enemy and start to strike 2turns before my stacks arrive(first defensive bombardment, then unit strike)
then artillery, then units attack...

this is a simple thought of course..but we need maybe 200 of those IF's ....and then give the AI the tactic he must apply...

about playing online..keldath...I'd love to join you and your friend in a multiplayer! :) duiveldoder@hotmail.com is my MSN :)

mrgenie said:
LOL, i agree totally with arlborn, we want smarter AI, if i need a military AI, i can cheat him tons of units :)

the problem of the AI is, he seems to focus to much on building units...i mostly keep building units to a minimum(build everything i need for proper defence) but normally, when a AI declares war at me, i have 0,0000 abilities to strike him, however, since i put only minimal effords on just making sure to defend my empire(and i always keep in mind the strenght of the computer to be able to do this) i normally have the most cultivated empire, good tech, and my wealth is normally high enough to update my units aroung the game...the computer, even if he has more modern tech then me, he only can upgrade 10% of his armed forces to the most modern types...while i normally(since i also play defensive) are able to upgrade up to 90-100% if needed..

the computer is no match for my modern units, i focus my artillery on his most modern units, after which i totally destroy them, and then his less advanced units are a matter of blitzkrieg to take them out of power.

the time you get fighters, any AI will loose any war always..because he simply cannot think logically, he has 5modern fighters in 4 cities, and 15old fighters in 6cities, while i only have 8fighters build, but, since i only build 8 in comparison to his 20, i kept them modern and upgraded, hence, my 8modern shoot down his old like you shoot sitting ducks(i see alot of shot down when modern vs old planes) since i focus all 8 i have on the 2 cities where he attacks me every turn..it's a matter of time when my 4fighters in 1 city and 4 in the other(mostly supported by sam units) shoot down his 15old plus his 5modern fighters..the computer doesnt understand to attack 1 of my cities will full force of all his 20fighters in 1 turn to reduce defenses, then reduce my units with the strike option, then in the same turn come with 4artillery to do the rest of the job, after which he only needs 5-10units(even old ones) to capture my city...
there are so many easy simple tricks a human player knows to play and the AI doesnt..but really, they are so simple tricks..i dont know why they havent been implemented in the AI codes.....i did some c++ myself when i was younger, one thing i have learned, if you can presizely describe the problem by logical operators, you can program it on a computer. and the above mentioned tactics are logical to describe...but i think it's not in the xml..here only % and numbers are described...what you need to do, is change the source of the AI....
give him a few more routines, and hell of alot more IF statements
IF(enemy city=10units && my cities total fighters=20)
gahter them all at nearest point of enemy and start to strike 2turns before my stacks arrive(first defensive bombardment, then unit strike)
then artillery, then units attack...

this is a simple thought of course..but we need maybe 200 of those IF's ....and then give the AI the tactic he must apply...

about playing online..keldath...I'd love to join you and your friend in a multiplayer! :) duiveldoder@hotmail.com is my MSN :)

Exactely! Maybe we should also post this in SEVO thread? Maybe he can also do something about it :)

hey guys,

well, i havnt thought that it would be as babarian like if i put the ai on unit prob 50...
its not a smart thingy...

though some changes can be made i belive.

i wish i knew somthing about those "stinky" sdk!
i barley know how to add stuff to the python files...

i can only hope that one of the modders like sevo - will come up with a way to change the ai a bit,
i remmber a game which i played in the game with exvaier's composite mod "one of the first mods",
that the ai was kinda cool - he even desroyed a few civs. it declared war over and over on me and my freind... and took a few cities from me since early game stage - with tons of units...

only when i started a game with sevo - i noticed that the ai is so passive.

weird hah?

god... what wouldnt i give for a better warmongering ai....

mrgenie,
well, thats interesting..
me and my freind we play on lan at my house... and when we play we take a weekend off - and for two whole days,

but i think we can arrange somthing - it might be hard to all three of us to find the syncronized hours...but - it good be so much fun,
and probably youll kick my ass...my freind is also better then me :)

ill update your msn
but myfreind is flying to slovenia for the next motnh...in the middle of our game - just when i attacked "hiram" of phoenicia!

so no civ for me for a month (i dont play singlegame)

so we'll be in tough and i really hope that will play a game together.

oh by the way - have you heard about the harkonnan memory fix?
cause i heard that it could fix game stability on late stages when there is a slowness when paasing turns.

***edit***
arlborn,

not to worry - il release the vanilla leaderheads ai....
might include the file with my changes for whom who asks.

i think ill make additions to the religions ,
might give a special building and and mybe two or three uu for religion for the eras of the game,
also gonna add religiuos victory.

Hi, Keldath!
I've been trying to download the new version of the kelgir add-on, but I get the following message from filefront: "Invalid key or missing file". Can you please check if it's working correctly? Thanks.:)

hi prop!

oh man i dont know why it happens!!!

it was fine!?!?!?

pehaps its temporary - i do not know!

ill wait a day - if this wont change,
ill have to upload to another site...

**edit**

use this link -
go to file server - there youll find my mod

thabks to mrgenie !
http://mrgenie.dyndns.org/

Hi, Keldath. It appears that the other links are not working as well.:cry: What if you uploaded your stuff to rapid share? It sucks, but it works, whereas Filefront just sucks.:)

hi just a few suggestions regarding french uu :
- I don't think the Dhar'k protector is a suitable unit because it doesn't exist in french history :p
- U can introduce a u figther like Rafale it' s 100% french made ;)
- The french wippet can be replace by Leclerc It s a modern tank and like the rafale it s 100% french made so it will be a good idea

i hope my suggestions can help you
bye

Kel,

The guys @ Total Realism 2.0 did something to make the A.I. act very aggressive. I have not torn apart the file but it may be a good place to go and look and see how they have the leaderhead values set.

Top Bottom